Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Doodle said:

Happy if he leaves on his own accord. But I’m always careful of what I wish for. The replacement needs to be a great appointment. I don’t mean a great manager, as we won’t get one but great for us. We currently have little cash to spend and have another season before the deadwood contracts start running out ( assuming we give no more ridiculous extensions ). Managers I think we could get are Mick McCarthy, Mark Warburton and if Villa lose possibly Steve Bruce if he’s sacked. Plus the up and coming chaps. Millwall manager Brentford manager or even the Lincoln lads. I would go for Warburton if Bruce doesn’t become free. We probably can’t afford to tempt the others to break contracts 

Moyes would be an upgrade on Rowett, as would Allardyce as would Bilic but we probably can't afford them.  Allardyce would get us up and is probably best able to work with this squad but football not great. Bilic would be superb entertainment but again, I'm dreaming. 

Oscar Garcia and Carlos Carvalhal both out of work but probably don't fit our squad now we have remodelled it on direct football (although I suppose with Martin and Bryson returning there's maybe one last chance to play nice football before squad remodelling complete?)

Paul Cook was a good shout from someone on here. What happened to McDermott? He did well for a while. Lincoln's manager (Cowley) has done an amazing job

Igor hasn't got a great track record but it would be amazing while it lasted

Don't fancy Coleman or Stam, or Cotteril or McDermot. Or Davies!

But if GR left, I have no concerns that we would find someone

19 minutes ago, feisty said:

Moyes would be an upgrade on Rowett, as would Allardyce as would Bilic but we probably can't afford them.  Allardyce would get us up and is probably best able to work with this squad but football not great. Bilic would be superb entertainment but again, I'm dreaming. 

Oscar Garcia and Carlos Carvalhal both out of work but probably don't fit our squad now we have remodelled it on direct football (although I suppose with Martin and Bryson returning there's maybe one last chance to play nice football before squad remodelling complete?)

Paul Cook was a good shout from someone on here. What happened to McDermott? He did well for a while. Lincoln's manager (Cowley) has done an amazing job

Igor hasn't got a great track record but it would be amazing while it lasted

Don't fancy Coleman or Stam, or Cotteril or McDermot. Or Davies!

But if GR left, I have no concerns that we would find someone

We don’t want to even consider the likes of allerdice, he will be getting paid by Everton this season, and won’t stoop so low. The Cowleys would come as would Warburton or McCarthy. I have admired Warburton since Brentford and I like his brand of football. He got Forest playing football with a ***** squad. With a decent squad like ours, he would be quality IMO. Not popular I know, but wait till Cardiff sack Warnock, when they have 3 points at Xmas and get him. By far the best manager at this level 

2 hours ago, rynny said:

I can borrow your crystal ball that shows Rowett will be a very successful manager? 

He has not done to bad. So far, did a good job at Burton, over achieved at Brum, and got us to the play offs, most football people think Rowett will manage at the top table in the future, by that I mean the premier league, just hope it is with us and not Stoke, also is a great tactical  coach, and has a good record in the transfer market, and at 43 years old he has time on his side.

23 minutes ago, Doodle said:

We don’t want to even consider the likes of allerdice, he will be getting paid by Everton this season, and won’t stoop so low. The Cowleys would come as would Warburton or McCarthy. I have admired Warburton since Brentford and I like his brand of football. He got Forest playing football with a ***** squad. With a decent squad like ours, he would be quality IMO. Not popular I know, but wait till Cardiff sack Warnock, when they have 3 points at Xmas and get him. By far the best manager at this level 

I disagree the best manger at this level is Steve Bruce 4 promotions so far, with another one a strong possibility, but some fans still moan about him playing negative football.

13 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

He has not done to bad. So far, did a good job at Burton, over achieved at Brum, and got us to the play offs, most football people think Rowett will manage at the top table in the future, by that I mean the premier league, just hope it is with us and not Stoke, also is a great tactical  coach, and has a good record in the transfer market, and at 43 years old he has time on his side.

Most football people????? Who ?? 

12 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

I disagree the best manger at this level is Steve Bruce 4 promotions so far, with another one a strong possibility, but some fans still moan about him playing negative football.

Warnock 8 promotions.If you can count on both hands, you will find that 8 is bigger and better than 4. In fact it’s the record for any manager ever in English football. Best manager EVER to get a team promotion

8 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Most football people????? Who ?? 

All the sky pundits for one example, all these have played the game, also many on talk sport think he is a good manger, prefer to listen to players who have played the game, not someone on  a Internet forum, who has never liked him from the moment he came through the door.

3 minutes ago, Raminphilippines said:

Yes Wassall. Have you watched the under 23s? It is so good to see a team that do not spend 90% of the game in their own penalty area. 

Which makes it even more impressive that we were the 5th top scorers in the league and had the most 3+ goal wins in the Championship this season. Apologies for the hyperbole, I couldn’t resist...hold on.....sorry no, these are facts. Carry on.

59 minutes ago, David said:

Which makes it even more impressive that we were the 5th top scorers in the league and had the most 3+ goal wins in the Championship this season. Apologies for the hyperbole, I couldn’t resist...hold on.....sorry no, these are facts. Carry on.

Yes but it also means we had the worst goals conceded record out of the top 8 and was the reason we got knocked out of the play-offs.  

3 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

If Rowett went would people really be gutted?

I think the club would be. The fans possibly less so as most the positive changes are behind the scenes but I would be. He is changing everything at the club for the better and installing a level of detail and professionalism that we lacked. He also showed that he could install a complete change of tactics at a crucial point in the season to get us in the play offs. Very impressive.

However, he can only work with the players he has and as I said in another thread, I think Fulham would only take Carson from our team. 

Sith Happens

I seriously cant see rowett going to Stoke.  If he moves on it will be to a bigger club, not a premier league has been.

12 minutes ago, Err ram io said:

But who would stoke take ??

I can see it now. Mcclaren tskes all the mcclaren era players, Rowett takes all the more recent signings. And we’re left with Keogh and the under 23s. Maybe not so bad. 

Archived