Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carnero said:- 

Martin would be priority... THE absolute key to how Mac set us up.

Angie Ram said :- 

I hope he signs him. He's been the biggest casualty of our recent merry go round and deserves better. 

Absolutely couldn’t agree more, Pearson and Rowett between them have all but destroyed the career of a player who had been the best striker we have had for years, and someone who could just have been the difference in getting us over the line this season !! 

37 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Should never have been appointed second time 

It was a very unexpected and unlikely appointment when Mac was brought back, but in my opinion it was an excellent decision. 

2 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

It was a very unexpected and unlikely appointment when Mac was brought back, but in my opinion it was an excellent decision. 

I was convinced the only reason Mel sacked him the second time was because we didn't have the money to back him and Mac would have refused to sell Hughes and Ince.

Current financial issues suggest I could be right with that assumption.

Rob Dorsett
@RobDorsettSky

Understand Mick McCarthy and Nigel Pearson are among the names on the #scfc shortlist for manager’s job. Sam Allardyce, David Moyes and Graham Potter are not. #ssn

---

How do you clever kids embed a tweet on here? @David ?

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I was convinced the only reason Mel sacked him the second time was because we didn't have the money to back him and Mac would have refused to sell Hughes and Ince.

I go more for Mac was Rush's man and not a yes-Mel man. Rowett is a yes-Mel man,

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Rob Dorsett
@RobDorsettSky

Understand Mick McCarthy and Nigel Pearson are among the names on the #scfc shortlist for manager’s job. Sam Allardyce, David Moyes and Graham Potter are not. #ssn

---

How do you clever kids embed a tweet on here? @David ?

Jesus and I thought being a derby fan was bad at the moment... imagine being a stoke fan and seeing that tweet! Nigel Pearson or mick McCarthy, Jesus Christ 

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Don't players need coaching then,if it's all onboard anyway?

Isn't that the managers job?

Your right, everyone needs some coaching and practice.

Don't they practice passing the ball to one of their own players when being challenged before every game as part of their warm up.

29 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Jesus and I thought being a derby fan was bad at the moment... imagine being a stoke fan and seeing that tweet! Nigel Pearson or mick McCarthy, Jesus Christ 

Mick McCarthy was pretty decent at Wolves, wasn't he. Took them up as champions with a lot of goals and points, and made a decent fist of it once up.

In his years at Ipswich, his most expensive signing was 250k, so I'd say he hit par there, too.

Sith Happens

If gary does go, there is a young fella i know i reckon could be a good fit. Recently kept a team in the championship who should perhaps be non league and nearly did it again this year. Heard his dad was a decent manager too.

17 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Mick McCarthy was pretty decent at Wolves, wasn't he. Took them up as champions with a lot of goals and points, and made a decent fist of it once up.

In his years at Ipswich, his most expensive signing was 250k, so I'd say he hit par there, too.

Yeah he did, meant more from a style of football perspective. That list of names doesn’t exactly fill you with thoughts of good passing football?

Archived