Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never worth paying attention to these betting odds. They mean **** all.

Apart from that time when the betting was suspended on Nigel Pearson coming to Derby, and then all of a sudden it started getting reported by all the media outlets...

...apart from that. 

On 18/05/2018 at 22:06, jagerbob said:

ok then.. you are GR.... how would you have 'given' the players this composure. Owners may have the power to sack the manager as its the easiest solution to a failure, but its a new one on me if the manager is the soul reason players give the ball away.

Even now we have the player who have the ability to pass to each other preferably on the floor. It is the manager who gets the team to play long balls into the corner and too often to the opposition.

2 hours ago, Derby blood said:

He has not done to bad. So far, did a good job at Burton, over achieved at Brum, and got us to the play offs, most football people think Rowett will manage at the top table in the future, by that I mean the premier league, just hope it is with us and not Stoke, also is a great tactical  coach, and has a good record in the transfer market, and at 43 years old he has time on his side.

2 hours ago, Derby blood said:

All the sky pundits for one example, all these have played the game, also many on talk sport think he is a good manger, prefer to listen to players who have played the game, not someone on  a Internet forum, who has never liked him from the moment he came through the door.

Wow i never realised how good he actually was , no chance of us holding onto him then 

8 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Wow i never realised how good he actually was , no chance of us holding onto him then 

Where's the praying emoji?

This is all just nonsense Shirley? Where do the betting agencies get there 'leaks info' from, Twitter?!

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where's the praying emoji?

This is all just nonsense Shirley? Where do the betting agencies get there 'leaks info' from, Twitter?!

Think it probably will be , basically they will go on whoever the money gets whacked on.

52 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

People need to be careful of what they wish for too. If GR left for Stoke , who on earth would we replace him with ? because it sure as hell won't be anyone currently under contract or anyone who would demand a big wage. 

Don't follow your logic we would demand compensation from Stoke which would then offset any compensation we would have to pay to another club to acquire their existing manager

This is best case scenario for me, as I lean towards the 'Rowett out' brigade, but also recognize that there's no reason to sack him and doing so would continue with the awful precedent that Mel set with former managers.

If he goes to another club, so be it.

10 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Don't follow your logic we would demand compensation from Stoke which would then offset any compensation we would have to pay to another club to acquire their existing manager

Yeah but we wouldn't spend it . Rowetts apparently got a £3.6 million release clause can see us banking this to offset a few wage discrepancies and get a free be in. I'd hazard a guess at Daz Wass 

How much of that money is from some Derby followers? 

We shouldn’t be forcing him away as there is a job being done here at Derby but if he wants out that is a different story

there are so many clubs without managers who knows ?

looking at the stoke squad well it looks worse than ours ! 

23 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Yeah but we wouldn't spend it . Rowetts apparently got a £3.6 million release clause can see us banking this to offset a few wage discrepancies and get a free be in. I'd hazard a guess at Daz Wass 

That doesnt necessarily mean that will happen though, your original post was naysaying about don't wish for Rowett gone as we won't get anyone under contract in to replace.  

32 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

In that case it's conclusive that there are 3.6million reasons GR ain't going to Stoke City. 

8 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

That doesnt necessarily mean that will happen though, your original post was naysaying about don't wish for Rowett gone as we won't get anyone under contract in to replace.  

Not necessarily obviously just assumption as 99% of content on here is. 

Archived