Retained List Announced.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/05/rams-confirm-end-of-season-retained-list

First-team squad players under contract beyond the summer of 2018: Scott Carson, Craig Forsyth, Richard Keogh, Ikechi Anya, Tom Lawrence, Andre Wisdom, Bradley Johnson, Alex Pearce, Andreas Weimann, Mason Bennett, Kelle Roos, Matej Vydra, Max Lowe, Jamie Hanson, David Nugent, Marcus Olsson, Cameron Jerome, Curtis Davies, George Thorne, Jonathan Mitchell, Joe Ledley, Tom Huddlestone, Luke Thomas, Jayden Bogle, Chris Martin, Craig Bryson, Jacob Butterfield, Nick Blackman.

First-team squad players out of contract: Chris Baird, Darren Bent, Jason Shackell.

Loan deals concluding: Sam Winnall (Sheffield Wednesday), Kasey Palmer (Chelsea).

Under 23 squad players under contract beyond the summer of 2018: Alex Babos, Josh Barnes, Timi-Max Elsnik, Kellan Gordon, Callum Guy, Calum Macdonald, Henrich Ravas, Lewis Walker, Charles Vernam, Ethan Wassall, Offrande Zanzala, Kyle McAllister, Joe Bateman, Matt Yates, Sven Karic, Max Hunt, Jayden Mitchell-Lawson, Cameron Cresswell, Fuseine Rashid.

Out of contract Under 23 squad players not offered new terms:Alex Cover, Emil Riis Jakobsen, Kyron Stabana, Matthew Taylor

Under 18s players retained for second year of scholarship: Sam French, Lee Buchanan, Max Bird, Callum Minkley, Jordan Brown, Jason Knight, Connor Dixon, Morgan Whittaker, Yoann Greco

Under 18s players released at end of scholarship: Ayomide Jibodu.

Under-18s players retained for third year scholarship: Henry Wise.

We still seem to have a first team squad of 28 (prior to any wheeling and dealing) on this basis, which I think from memory is north of the number Gary quoted as being preferable to work with when he arrived.

And that's without promoting any further youth eg Elsnik up.

Illustrative of the size of the task of squad trimming ahead.

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

We still seem to have a first team squad of 28 (prior to any wheeling and dealing) on this basis, which I think from memory is north of the number Gary quoted as being preferable to work with when he arrived.

Especially when you consider that nobody sane would want to buy the likes of Butterfield.

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I can’t see us releasing any as that’ll cost more in the outlay. I imagine a bulk will be sold low cost just to get them off the wage bill.  

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Yes quite a few will be difficult to shift. 

10 minutes ago, David said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/05/rams-confirm-end-of-season-retained-list

First-team squad players under contract beyond the summer of 2018: Scott Carson, Craig Forsyth, Richard Keogh, Ikechi Anya, Tom Lawrence, Andre Wisdom, Bradley Johnson, Alex Pearce, Andreas Weimann, Mason Bennett, Kelle Roos, Matej Vydra, Max Lowe, Jamie Hanson, David Nugent, Marcus Olsson, Cameron Jerome, Curtis Davies, George Thorne, Jonathan Mitchell, Joe Ledley, Tom Huddlestone, Luke Thomas, Jayden Bogle, Chris Martin, Craig Bryson, Jacob Butterfield, Nick Blackman.

First-team squad players out of contract: Chris Baird, Darren Bent, Jason Shackell.

Loan deals concluding: Sam Winnall (Sheffield Wednesday), Kasey Palmer (Chelsea).

Under 23 squad players under contract beyond the summer of 2018: Alex Babos, Josh Barnes, Timi-Max Elsnik, Kellan Gordon, Callum Guy, Calum Macdonald, Henrich Ravas, Lewis Walker, Charles Vernam, Ethan Wassall, Offrande Zanzala, Kyle McAllister, Joe Bateman, Matt Yates, Sven Karic, Max Hunt, Jayden Mitchell-Lawson, Cameron Cresswell, Fuseine Rashid.

Out of contract Under 23 squad players not offered new terms:Alex Cover, Emil Riis Jakobsen, Kyron Stabana, Matthew Taylor

Under 18s players retained for second year of scholarship: Sam French, Lee Buchanan, Max Bird, Callum Minkley, Jordan Brown, Jason Knight, Connor Dixon, Morgan Whittaker, Yoann Greco

Under 18s players released at end of scholarship: Ayomide Jibodu.

Under-18s players retained for third year scholarship: Henry Wise.

That’s one hell of a squad I.e. loads of talent and experience. Plus reputed potential to break through.

Regardless of this pros and cons of last season, there’s more than enough there to be top 6 again. In fact, a bit of refining and juggling could see an even better first team.

Lots of reasons why we can compete and crack on.

New season, fresh start!

15 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Out of that 28 we have 5 classed as first team players that were mainly playing in the under 23s though. Realistically 23 players need to be trimmed down to 18. Then include your under 23s that I mentioned and that the squad for next year. 

Think we can count Bryson, Butters, Martin and Blackman as gone plus Olsson out for a year (so covered by insurance). That'll leave us with 18, like for like sales and buys after that I'd imagine. 

Just now, RamLad1884 said:

Out of that 28 we have 5 classed as first team players that were mainly playing in the under 23s though. Realistically 23 players need to be trimmed down to 18. Then include your under 23s that I mentioned and that the squad for next year. 

Think we can count Bryson, Butters, Martin and Blackman as gone plus Olsson out for a year (so covered by insurance). That'll leave us with 18, like for like sales and buys after that I'd imagine. 

Gone as not in Gary Rowetts plans maybe about right. Gone as in not under contract and being paid for by DCFC is the greater challenge.........

The fact that Winall seemed to stick around the club despite being out for the season, rather than just heading back to SW hints that we may try and do a deal for him? Trouble is, if SW think we want him (and especially if we sell Vydra) they will ask for silly money ?

Archived