Retained List Announced.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha was mrs Baird expecting a special section on our retained list for her husband titled "wants to leave"? 

Silly!

Anyways I thought Baird did a good job for us, nothing spectacular but pretty solid and I'm sure he got paid well enough, good luck to him and his wife!

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Haha was mrs Baird expecting a special section on our retained list for her husband titled "wants to leave"? 

Silly!

Anyways I thought Baird did a good job for us, nothing spectacular but pretty solid and I'm sure he got paid well enough, good luck to him and his wife!

He had a very nice new Porsche 911 for his troubles....managed to get a wave from him and Darren bent in the passenger seat on the way back down the A38 last year,post match.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

I've no problem with Chris Baird - done us a good job whenever he's been called on. I just think his wife is a bit of a plonker - she's often called us out on twitter, celebrated Fulham's win against us in the playoffs. Sometimes you need to know when to keep your mouth shut.

Are you Necty on Twitter?

Benty was a good servant for us, and was a force with ince in his loan spell at the end of 14/15. Too bad we were leaking goals at the other end. Seems like a lovely bloke too.

Baird has been a professional over the years and done a decent job when called upon. Really weird season first season, but more due to Clement giving him the arm band then dropping him.

Shackell can do one. 

Thanks to all three of them and in my opinion none of them let us down - I wouldn’t have extended Bent and Baird last season regardless of how they played for us and shackell I wouldn’t have resigned but others had different opinions 

PistoldPete2
On 18/05/2018 at 12:20, Topram said:

That’s a start, won’t be far of 70k slashed of the weekly wage bill when them 3 gone! Best of luck to them

Someone suggested butterfield was on £35 k per week.. These three all left Prem teams to join us so if anythinhg i woudl have expected each of them to be on more than Butterfield.. maybe £100 k a week between them who knows. Anyway it helps to get rid  of these high earners who arent even in the first 18.

Will we have been paying at least some of Bent's and Shackell's wages while they were on loan? I can't imagine Burton or Millwall affording them. And if so, do we get a loan fee or is the wage contribution it? Just wondering how much the saving will be.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Will we have been paying at least some of Bent's and Shackell's wages while they were on loan? I can't imagine Burton or Millwall affording them. And if so, do we get a loan fee or is the wage contribution it? Just wondering how much the saving will be.

Hard to see Burton or Millwall paying more than say 20-25% of their wages during their loan spells.

6 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Hard to see Burton or Millwall paying more than say 20-25% of their wages during their loan spells.

That's what I thought. I don't really know how these things work. 

I know they were quoting a £2 - 3 million loan 'fee' for Martin last year at Fulham but I presume that was to cover his wages and then some! 

16 minutes ago, angieram said:

That's what I thought. I don't really know how these things work. 

I know they were quoting a £2 - 3 million loan 'fee' for Martin last year at Fulham but I presume that was to cover his wages and then some! 

Think it all depends on how in demand the loanees are. Fulham likely paid a loan fee (view to a permanent) plus Martin's wages last year, Reading perhaps similar.

With Bent & Shackell, Burton & Millwall will have known that they were almost the ones doing us the favour!

9 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Someone suggested butterfield was on £35 k per week.. These three all left Prem teams to join us so if anythinhg i woudl have expected each of them to be on more than Butterfield.. maybe £100 k a week between them who knows. Anyway it helps to get rid  of these high earners who arent even in the first 18.

Your forgetting Butterfield was brought in under a very different regime and players also have fee factored in as the whole package cost , I’m willing to bet hudds ,Davies overall financial cost to the club when their contract is up will be far far lower than Butterfield even if we manage to get any fee for selling Butterfield 

9 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Well, getting rid of Bent, Shackell, Baird could easily be £5m of the total wage bill without the weakening the squad, it's not a bad start to the summer ?

On 18/05/2018 at 12:13, David said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/05/rams-confirm-end-of-season-retained-list

First-team squad players under contract beyond the summer of 2018: Scott Carson, Craig Forsyth, Richard Keogh, Ikechi Anya, Tom Lawrence, Andre Wisdom, Bradley Johnson, Alex Pearce, Andreas Weimann, Mason Bennett, Kelle Roos, Matej Vydra, Max Lowe, Jamie Hanson, David Nugent, Marcus Olsson, Cameron Jerome, Curtis Davies, George Thorne, Jonathan Mitchell, Joe Ledley, Tom Huddlestone, Luke Thomas, Jayden Bogle, Chris Martin, Craig Bryson, Jacob Butterfield, Nick Blackman.

First-team squad players out of contract: Chris Baird, Darren Bent, Jason Shackell.

Loan deals concluding: Sam Winnall (Sheffield Wednesday), Kasey Palmer (Chelsea).

Under 23 squad players under contract beyond the summer of 2018: Alex Babos, Josh Barnes, Timi-Max Elsnik, Kellan Gordon, Callum Guy, Calum Macdonald, Henrich Ravas, Lewis Walker, Charles Vernam, Ethan Wassall, Offrande Zanzala, Kyle McAllister, Joe Bateman, Matt Yates, Sven Karic, Max Hunt, Jayden Mitchell-Lawson, Cameron Cresswell, Fuseine Rashid.

Out of contract Under 23 squad players not offered new terms:Alex Cover, Emil Riis Jakobsen, Kyron Stabana, Matthew Taylor

Under 18s players retained for second year of scholarship: Sam French, Lee Buchanan, Max Bird, Callum Minkley, Jordan Brown, Jason Knight, Connor Dixon, Morgan Whittaker, Yoann Greco

Under 18s players released at end of scholarship: Ayomide Jibodu.

Under-18s players retained for third year scholarship: Henry Wise.

There are a few U18s players who don’t feature in this list for some reason. Does anyone know why?

Joe Fryatt, Russell Carter-Thompson, Cain Thomas, Jordan Mills, Jayden Thorne, Jack Haywood, Adam Davie. 

Unless I missed something, they should either be in the Jibodu or Wise groups. 

On 19/05/2018 at 21:45, PistoldPete2 said:

£35k a week ??? Jeeeeez, who negotiated that?? It's lot of money so I imagine Mel must have signed it off. Must be kicking himself..

Archived