17/18 Rowett’s Best Signing

Day

17/18 Rowett’s Best Signing  

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fairly open question, you may decide to vote on value for money/performances so far, biggest impact or potential at the club over the coming seasons.

Who was Rowett’s best signing this season?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curtis and the ice cool Tommy.

I think Curtis wins on consistent performances.

Tom has some sublime control, I enjoy watching him collect a ball and flick it one way or another, completely wrong footing an oncoming opposition player.  But he can arrow a few miss placed passes and also be slow to close down a player.  The Barnsley goal on Sunday being an example.

Curtis though, what a experienced old pro he’s become, reads the game and snuffs it out, Fantastic player.

If any of them get the winner at Wembley then they get my vote.

But probably Davies due to football and his personality. Always fronts up after an iffy team performance, engages with fans and is calm character to have about. Just what we and the players need.

I can't argue with any of the above posts but for me Kasey Palmer is worth the admission fee alone. It's just a crying shame he hasn't had more game time but to be fair he wasn't match when he came so that has had a baring. I just like the way he plays. You always feel he's gonna make something happen when he gets the ball. He'll come on as a sub at Wembley, dance around 3 players and score the winner that sends us up. Remember where you heard it first. ?

Davies has been the best performer this season from GR's signings, quality player and probably our best individual CB for quite a while.

Looking at the signings collectively, I think he's actually done pretty well in terms of ins. The older players that have put the average age of the squad up have all had very good seasons and contributed immediately, which is what you need signings of that age to do. The younger signings, Lawrence, Wisdom, have been hit and miss at times but have shown glimpses of quality and can definitely be assets going in to the future. Winnall has been important, and he's a fan favourite already. Jerome is coming in to form at the right time, scored some important goals and could yet play a big part in our season. Palmer is very talented and has been underused. Really Palmer is the signing I'm most disappointed with, and that's not based on his ability.

Curtis Davies for me. Has been a rock and in my opinion is unlucky not to win any awards this season.

I do think most players on that list currently playing are getting better game by game - Wisdom and Lawrence now looking like they belong and Jerome is grabbing headlines. Huddlestone yesterday was great too. 

We all know some signings don't work out but Gary has done pretty well so far.

51 minutes ago, David said:

Fairly open question, you may decide to vote on value for money/performances so far, biggest impact or potential at the club over the coming seasons.

Who was Rowett’s best signing this season?

Voted Tom as he is an oasis of skill amidst the hurly burly. Davies equally good though. 

7 minutes ago, sage said:

Voted Tom as he is an oasis of skill amidst the hurly burly. Davies equally good though. 

Expected a few more for Huddlestone to be honest, not the landslide Davies we’re seeing.

2 minutes ago, David said:

Expected a few more for Huddlestone to be honest, not the landslide Davies we’re seeing.

That’s cos you can only vote for one. I’m sure huddz would be a close second if you could vote for your top 5 and give a cumulative score of some sort. 

But as @Kernow says, they’ve all been pretty good so far, or at least are starting to come into their own. When you put them in a list like that, you realise that Rowett has done a pretty good job on recruitment. 

6 minutes ago, David said:

Never underestimate the various manifestations of the Keogh hatred.

Archived