17/18 Rowett’s Best Signing

Day

17/18 Rowett’s Best Signing  

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, David said:

Expected a few more for Huddlestone to be honest, not the landslide Davies we’re seeing.

I think for sheer consistency Davies has been exceptional. All of the others have either had poor spells or injuries. 

I don’t want to tempt fate as all players are fallible but I think he’s made barely half a dozen errors all season. 

He is a class act both on and off the field.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sage said:

Never underestimate the various manifestations of the Keogh hatred.

You think the two are related? Don’t see it myself, more likely the transfer fee which really has been one hell of a bargain for us

2 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

That is a bit of an unfair poll, if Davies name is on there, to be fair - it should be

out the first 4 in order, 

Davies

Huddlestone

Wisdom

Lawrence   imo

whatever you just said, makes no sense to me whatsoever.

1 minute ago, DesertRam said:

That is a bit of an unfair poll, if Davies name is on there, to be fair - it should be

out the first 4 in order, 

Davies

Huddlestone

Wisdom

Lawrence   imo

Would be unfair excluding signings, who’s the best signing? Sorry but I won’t let you pick Ledley, pick again but this time only choose one of these 4.

I’m sure the players would understand if they are reading, they are asked themselves similar questions on the clubs YouTube videos.

Davies then Huddlestone both are high quality performers but all of them have shown promise and quality at times - Rowett has done well with his signings dispite thier short term nature by and large but I hope for a more youthful balance next season 

Davies for me. £500k was a bargain for his consistent performances. I wouldn't say any have been a flop to be honest, just some inconsistent performances at times but they were generally a team effort not just individuals. 

Tom Huddlestone. Tough call, Davies is obvious, ledley for that first half of the season but THudd has been the centerpiece of this team, barely missed a game, is vital to setting up attacks and even scored a goal. Cost half a Butterfield.

But for injury, Sam winnall might have had a shout.

Also, I'd have a sneaky side bet in 12 months time, we all say Lawrence.

But I'm sure Davies will win this poll and I will not have a bad word to say about it or him.fine man, fine player and excellent signing.

How refreshing to struggle to pick which was the best signing because they have all come in and done or are starting to do a very good job , that really should be telling us rowett is easily a keeper at this point and trust worthy with our budget but you just know it won’t to the hardcore rowett haters ,,, that said I’ve gone with Tom hudds ,just real quality and composure at this level , Saturday against Barnsley he really stood out for me ,, him and Davies together is a master stroke 

Davies pretty easily. £500k for goodness sake, probably the top CB in the league outside of the Wolves ones.

I actually think he started pretty shakily, the Reading home game for example he had a stinker but largely since that he has been an absolute rock. If you ask this in a years time if we’re still in this league I think the answer will be Lawrence, also been exceptional these last few games.

Big Curt a clear favorite IMO. Not just a good defender but he looks a cracking character to have around. Huddlestone has been good for large parts of the season yet also one of our biggest downfalls in the middle of the pitch. Lawrence and Wisdom haven't lived up to their hefty fee's, the former is looking much better recently though. Ledley did a superb job first half of the season, shame about an untimely injury which seems to have disrupted him. Winnall, Palmer and Jerome not enough to go off yet. 

I went for Winnall. Just to be different really. To be fair he could've been exactly what we needed when the other strikers weren't scoring and we might've been in the premiership already.

But yeah difficult to argue with Davies at £500k - all good signings.

16 hours ago, Moist One said:

most will go for Davies, but it was actually the signing of Joe Ledley that sorted our season out. So I say Ledley.

I would go for Ledley but I honestly believe any energetic midfielder would have helped sort us out at that point. Not to understate the importance he had but I think it was a 'type' of player we needed rather than a specific player and it was just a fluke that he was still a free transfer whereas there was at least some form of planning with Davies. 

I think Davies has been class for 500k and looks in very good shape/game isn't built on speed of legs but speed of mind so he'll be contributing positively for a year or two yet. 

Great that the top two in this poll both came from a double swoop from hull. I wonder if their fans are wondering how things could’ve been different if they’d have kept hold of them. 

Incidentally, was it hull that could barely muster enough players to field a full squad at the start of their premier league season. That was last season wasn’t it? In the end they Jade a surprisingly good fist of it. I had hoped they’d beat our record. 

We’re davies and hudd two of the few players they had at the start of that season?

Part of me is concerned that two of our best signings are from a team that couldn’t compete in the premier league. But part of me is heartened by the fact that they were probably the two players responsible for enabling them to have a good go against all the odds from the start of that season. 

Archived