Neil Warnock as Derby manager.

needles

Would you accept Neil Warnock as Derby manager?  

306 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

People forget, QPR played some great stuff under him.. He makes the best of what he has got and he is the BEST at that. Rotherham... Dead and buried.. Nope, not with Neil Warnock.

Best Championship Manager by a country mile... Motivator, leader, winner.

Winner.... This is exactly what Derby have lacked in their failed attempts to get over the line. 

If we had appointed Warnock last year I'm not saying we would be top but we would most likely be in the top 1.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted yes simply because he has a knack of making the best of what he's got.

When he's had good players he's made them play well. When he's had poor players he makes them work hard.

It would be fascinating to see what he could make of our mixture.

I would accept him but wouldn’t actively look to employ him. No one can deny he’s very good at what he does, and is rightly seen as one of the best managers around in the league to get your success. But long term philopshy? It’s not sustainable. I’d always look for someone who suits a more positive attacking philopshy going forward, Warnock doesn’t.

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

So after all the moaning about Rowett ball and no style we have a significant minority who would accept the ugliest football exponent in the football league.

I guess if you're  going down the ugly route you may as well get the master, not an apprentice. 

If we'd appointed him at any point in the last 5 years, we'd have gone up within 2 seasons, in my opinion.

I want promotion. I don't care how we get there.

Say we stay down and Cardiff go up. Mid October and they're rock bottom, struggling and sack him. Meanwhile Gaz is struggling to get a tune out of us and Mel's trigger finger gets itchy....I'd jump at bringing Warnock here.

I thought it'd be very much a negative response, but we're not far off 50:50 at the moment. Interesting.

13 minutes ago, needles said:

Say we stay down and Cardiff go up. Mid October and they're rock bottom, struggling and sack him. Meanwhile Gaz is struggling to get a tune out of us and Mel's trigger finger gets itchy....I'd jump at bringing Warnock here.

I thought it'd be very much a negative response, but we're not far off 50:50 at the moment. Interesting.

Should have read your post first - but fully agreed here mate.

100% no! the football he gets his team to play is the worst i have ever seen and even hes s out of his depth in the prem with his football simply not working against quality opposition. Hes never had success in the prem  and he we should be looking for younger managers like rowett who you can keep at the club in the long term, also he permanently makes excuses for loosing, so basically hes a poor mans mouriniho ,We have a chance to go up this season without playing hoofball all game, and even if we don't as long as we get a quality left back and a new quality back to box midfielder like Dack  we should be in with a strong chance next season.

6 hours ago, Aries Sun said:

As much as I dislike him as a person, he's without a shadow of a doubt a one of the most successful and the most experienced managers in achieving a promotion into the Premier league.

I voted - yes.

Looking at the bigger picture, yes he would get you promoted, but he is not the right man to give you any progress in the top division. So he would be a short term fix. We should have got him in when Wassell asked for help, but we went for that clown Harry Rednapp, I wonder how much Mel paid him to babysit Darren.

21 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I'd rather poo in to my hands, eat it, throw it up and eat it again then have that horrible goblin as our manager! I hated it when Pearson was our manager but I dread to think what I'd feel like with that troll in charge of us.

You're not keen then? 

Archived