Neil Warnock as Derby manager.

needles

Would you accept Neil Warnock as Derby manager?  

306 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I'd rather poo in to my hands, eat it, throw it up and eat it again then have that horrible goblin as our manager! I hated it when Pearson was our manager but I dread to think what I'd feel like with that troll in charge of us.

I had similar sentiment about Robbie Savage, even if I never expressed it quite so, err, graphically.

Still cheered the daft haired Welsh **** when he was wearing the Ram on his chest though.

If my only concern was getting promoted at all costs then I would have him here in a heartbeat.

To me though there's a bit more to football and supporting my team than that.

Warnock and his team's display on Tuesday was pretty much most things I hate about football.

Percentage football, diving, time wasting, whinging, basically every trick in the book.

Also his post match interviews when they lose are just so predictable, as a qualified refeee you would think he'd want more respect shown to the man in the middle. Without fail you can always guarantee it's a decision against his side that changed the game. If he wants the officials to be able to control games better why doesnt he have a word with his players and get them to stop diving, feigning injury, making cynical fouls, stealing 10 yards on every throw in? 

The man is a complete hypocrite.

By the way, my answer was no!

9 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Would never want Warnock as manager, the way his team's play, fall over, moan at refs, no way, would I want him anywhere near Derby, more suited to the red dogs than us.

Is that not exactly what other fans accuse us of now? In fact there is an arguement that has been us for some years now. 

Football fans can be so blinkered. 

38 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I wonder if any of the people that have a go at Rowetts style of play voted yes?

I did to answer your question but for reasons I stated earlier. As long as Derby are successful then I'm generally a happy bunny. Nobody is gonna be happy if a negative style is not working. Even some of Rowetts fans were having doubts when things weren't going our way.

3 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Depends if you want to get promoted. If you do, then it's a no brainer. 

He makes successful teams on tiny budgets. And lets be honest, it's not exactly Barcelona football we're being fed now. 

He’s  the worst possible manager for Derby. 

I voted yes, through gritted teeth...

I'd always give Manager's a chance at this club albeit with an uneasy feel when Mangers are appointed. Examples in the past have included Phil Brown and Nigel Pearson I really had no excitement for at time of appointment. 

Would be a similar situation to when Savage came to Derby as a player. Vilified for years, and while he split opinion for his actual ability, gave 100% in a Rams shirt. Warnock while an extreme wind up merchant he is always committed to the club and acts professional to his employers and his record of getting out of the football league is right up there. 

While he is a real pest to all outsiders if he was our manager I dare say we would find his mind games and jabs at other teams and managers rather amusing if we were winning games. 

44 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I wonder if any of the people that have a go at Rowetts style of play voted yes?

I did.

I don't want Warnock as manager really, my answer was given to the OP's "would you have him here" and if in the ****, going down the same route (IE type of manager) as we have done with GR then yes, I'd have him here. Football fans are pretty precious with the characters in football, it's all panto and fans get a bit too emotional about it. 

I wouldn't actively want us to be looking to recruit him at this moment in time. I'm more than happy with a younger version in GR, who's a very likable guy and says all the right things, I just wish he'd let loose a bit more and stick to his word a little more too. Not everyone wants to see GR sacked, I just want him to take our team and the football to another level which I don't think he's quite done, yet. 

But surely if you like GR then surely Warnock is just a an upgrade. More direct but with so much more attacking intent. Hence the mighty gap in the table. More goals scored, less conceded, took Cardiff from bottom to comfortably midtable last year and it looks as if in the following season he'll have another auto promotion on his CV. I find that hard to knock. 

Archived