let's not get carried away

Mostyn6

2 minutes ago, Moist One said:

you still can't read/interpret. I am not talking about what the players should and shouldn't do, I'm saying fans should ditch the delusion.

Isn't this why you follow football though? For the highs and lows? Last night was a high in months of lows. If nothing else it showed me the players do have the fight and they do still believe in the manager. I am not deluded to think all is now rosy, just enjoying the moment.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Moist One said:

We can all enjoy a good and almost convincing win but let's not get carried away, we won the game cos of their weak-ish midfield, and their defensive mistakes. We were due the opponent making poor errors, but it's very rare that a midfield is that lacking against us and I doubt very much the Villa midfield will be so impotent at the weekend.

Prepare for disappointment if you are expecting similar against Villa, their midfield is packed with battling quality and I fully expect them to run around us.

If Cardiff's midfield is so poor, how come they are second? And if Villa's is so good, how come they are fourth?

14 minutes ago, Moist One said:

you still can't read/interpret. I am not talking about what the players should and shouldn't do, I'm saying fans should ditch the delusion.

You obviously have trouble reading as well. My whole post was never about what the players should or shouldn’t do. It was a suitable retort to your call for fans to lose any shred of positivity. 

13 minutes ago, Justa said:

I agree with the original post - Cardiff were very poor and gifted us the goals.

It was however, a much improved performance and begs the question where has the passion and energy been in other games ?

Warnock in interview thought his team played well so perhaps, just perhaps we should be allowed some credit. 

Jerome second half ran and ran, proper Flock of Seagulls stuff ?  full credit to him. Almost any game a touch of luck here and there can decide the result.  Bradley’s handball was the luck we gained, so be it. Positivity can flow through our players, management and fans. Let’s eat breathe and sleep with that dream, today Rams everywhere can smile and enjoy last night. Moist One, embrace it, it’s really really good mate

49 minutes ago, Justa said:

I agree with the original post - Cardiff were very poor and gifted us the goals.

It was however, a much improved performance and begs the question where has the passion and energy been in other games ?

I doubt Jerome thinks the goals were "gifted" to him. He had to work incredibly hard and show strength & steel to out muscle Morrison twice.

1 hour ago, Moist One said:

We can all enjoy a good and almost convincing win but let's not get carried away, we won the game cos of their weak-ish midfield, and their defensive mistakes. We were due the opponent making poor errors, but it's very rare that a midfield is that lacking against us and I doubt very much the Villa midfield will be so impotent at the weekend.

Prepare for disappointment if you are expecting similar against Villa, their midfield is packed with battling quality and I fully expect them to run around us.

You picked the right username didn't you! Just here to dampen spirits.

Why can't the fans take the positives out of last nights result and go to Villa with some belief that we can turn them over? Jerome said last night that the backing of the fans helped them and going to Villa with some hope will mean the fans are more likely to support the team vocally and lift the players again, rather than turn up expecting a poor performance and just sitting moaning.  

Wasn't a classic performance by any means, left a lot to be desired at times but the effort and desire was there - at least in the second half, when lets face it most of us were expecting them to come out feeling sorry for themselves and coast to another defeat.

Whether its a blip or the start of a revival time will tell.  Personally I'm hoping for at least a draw against Villa and a win against Barnsley to see us head into the playoffs with a bit of belief again.

COYR

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

I don’t think we’ve suddenly turned into world beaters. But the team has at least proved it can have a go. Yes Cardiff made errors but as @CHCDerby alluded to, they made mistakes because we put them under pressure.

there was still a lot that could have been done better last night, but that second half was a big improvement, and was a team I can at least care about. That needs to be the standard for the rest of the seasonz

Far too fair and rational for my liking. Give ya noggin a wobble.

55 minutes ago, Moist One said:

By all means wallow in self-pity and misery yourself (sorry, rational and delusion-free critical analysis, I should say) but allow those who wish to do so to enjoy the moment. It's not really your place to tell others how to think or feel, is it?

30 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Warnock in interview thought his team played well so perhaps, just perhaps we should be allowed some credit. 

Jerome second half ran and ran, proper Flock of Seagulls stuff ?  full credit to him. Almost any game a touch of luck here and there can decide the result.  Bradley’s handball was the luck we gained, so be it. Positivity can flow through our players, management and fans. Let’s eat breathe and sleep with that dream, today Rams everywhere can smile and enjoy last night. Moist One, embrace it, it’s really really good mate

Can't understand how I missed him last night! I see DCFC have photos of him anorl....

CamFlock-page-001.jpg

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

You stop being bloody negative mate

Derby played out there skins we play like that again we will win saturday.

you tell em

I must say Jerome impressed me last night and I admired the passion shown by the players. It was great to wipe the smile from Warnock's face. However like others have said if we can turn on a performance like that against Cardiff why couldn't we play with such passion and commitment against teams like Sunderland and Burton. To be honest at times since January some of the players have not shown that fighting spirit. It would be great to think it's all come together again and hopefully not a one off. But last night made me very happy. Well done all.

27 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I doubt Jerome thinks the goals were "gifted" to him. He had to work incredibly hard and show strength & steel to out muscle Morrison twice.

Agreed. Having criticised Jerome for his performances so far, it was great to see the way he physically stood up to the Cardiff defenders. These were the sort of goals we've seen him score over the years.

We won that game and deservedly so ...we really went for the jugular once they were on the back foot which was most of the second half....yes they made mistakes ...but we were good and had a much better work ethic and attacking instinct and was great to see Fozzy and Keogh getting forward ...I don’t think the new formation suits everyone Olson and Wisdom for example but.....it looks much better than 4231...and the players seem to be enjoying it more too...the explosion of sound when Vydras shot smashed the net was awesome....

3 hours ago, Moist One said:

let's not get carried away

You're right Moist One. Now's not the time to get carried away. We should save that for Saturday 26th May when the MIGHTY RAMS ARE VICTORIOUS AT WEMBLEY STADIUM AND STEAMROLL IN TO THE PREMIERSHIP!!! COYR!!! GARY ROWETT'S 3-4-3 ARMY!!! CAMJAMISARAM!!!

Archived