let's not get carried away

Mostyn6

It's the hope that kills you. Right now we have hope again. I choose hope, wherever it leads us, even if the joy that springs from it is short-lived. I hope for a five-game mini season that may yet end in unbridled joy. 

Of course there is the chance it will end in grief, but in the words of William Faulkner, "between grief and nothing, I will take grief". The gumps have nothing. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was only a matter of time before Mostyn came out and pissed on the fans' chips. He loves it when we're all moaning because he can moan at us. Hates all this because we're celebrating a cracking result and therefore he can't blame supporters for every single DCFC ill.

Probably hated the fact there was a great atmosphere last night and the fans get right behind the team. 

After the run since Christmas and then last night, this is an awful thread.

What an absolute load of crap the original post is. So because we didn’t play total football last night (because we are a championship side not actually Brazil) but won 3-1 the fans should still be down hearted. Jog on with your depressing stuff. Are you a professional mourner or something? 

A lot of folk are asking, and it's a fair question, where was the passion and drive we saw last night in the Sunderland and Burton games? While it's not an excuse, the players were, I sense, rather disenchanted and like the fans, wanted a more adventurous set-up that allowed them to go out to win games rather than merely trying to 'throttle' games. I myself mistook their demeanour for apathy or worse and I do rather wonder now whether I read it all wrong. It seems to me it was frustration perhaps mingled with a touch a fear - some fans were pretty unpleasant, certainly at the Burton game, and perhaps this combination was the main reason for an apparent lack of fight. The lads are only human and yes, we do have a right to expect them to graft, if nothing else, but we all have slumps from time to time, do we not?

Whatever it was, we can't change those results now and as long as we learn from them, then I think they're best parked. Our future is back in our hands, the new formation does seem to suit us better and I think it's clear that the lads are happier with this set up than a 4-4-2. It's certainly easier on the eye which will hopefully provide greater entertainment for the fans so perhaps we should only look forwards for now and make sure that we are the 12th man stood shoulder to shoulder with the team for these last few games. At this point in the season with the play-offs beckoning, momentum is everything. The fans have been great the last couple of games and with that level of support, anything could still happen. It certainly can't hurt, can it?

I get what the original post is saying. Gary Rowett was saying at the start of the season (or maybe at the end of the last) that he felt we needed different plans for different opponents and collectively we have pilloried him for it when it looked like we only had 1 failing plan.

We have now proven we have a plan that works against a team whose principal attribute is thuggery. And that gives us a win to be rightly enjoyed.

Villa away will be a considerably different challenge - and we have to cross fingers to see how well our new plan will stand up to it. I'm hopeful that attitude will of course help and we'll give them a good game but I'm not overly confident we'll be able to beat them at their place.

That's Saturday tho....for now we should enjoy our 3 points as we haven't had too many of those recently!

Nope, let's get carried away.

I've had so many miserable experiences watching games this season, that I want to really enjoy this one and if necessary, live in La La Land for a few days.

There's no point having wins like this if you cannot enjoy them unless they are followed up by other wins, or the team is playing sublime football.

Fair enough for Rowett to say that as he has a job to do, but us fans are fans for the chance to get carried away.

Last night I for the first time ever I did not feel like watching a televised Derby game, but with great trepidation I did.

At half time I felt like we were lucky not to be two down (AKA BJ Handball) but I still felt like the performance was better. One move down the right which ended with their keeper coming out to intercept the ball through to Weimann was sublime.

Second half up to 67 minutes I had complete hope that we would get back into it. We were bossing it.

When the third went in I was delirious.

Glad I watched it.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Wait, we shouldn't get carried away? Should have held of on getting the tattoo.

Are you back on our side of the Rowett fence Juan? 

55 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

It was only a matter of time before Mostyn came out and pissed on the fans' chips. He loves it when we're all moaning because he can moan at us. Hates all this because we're celebrating a cracking result and therefore he can't blame supporters for every single DCFC ill.

Probably hated the fact there was a great atmosphere last night and the fans get right behind the team. 

After the run since Christmas and then last night, this is an awful thread.

?

You don't need me to piss on anyone's chips. Results have done that already this year. However, I will bite and put your mind back over the past few seasons. During the McClaren season, season after Zamora, I wasn't one of the fans willing for a Chris Martin injury just to prove we'd struggle without him, in the Clement season I wasn't one of the fans moaning that winning wasn't good enough and the football was dire. During the Wassall period, I wasn't one of the fans bitching about him taking Thorne off with 10 minutes to go and pretending that the move would obviously lead to Leon Best scoring 2. Similarly in Mac's second spell, I wasn't the negative fan obsessively pre-occupied with a Plan B that wasn't even needed at that time, as we were on a post-Pearson recovery.

I wasn't a fan who slated the signings of Bent, Vydra, Nugent or Jerome either, and never cast envious glances over at Villa and co over the last few seasons as they signed all and sundry.

I hate fans moaning because simply the majority don't understand or appreciate the reality of what's going on. I didn't get carried away when things are going bad, I didn't pin all my hopes on success back when we bought the likes of Shackell back to the club, and neither did I think signing HUddlestone, Davies and Wisdom would equal promotion.

I think of myself of a realist who can see what's coming, whether that is positive or negative. This season, we have struggled against energetic midfields, and I believe Cardiff didn't have that, whereas Villa will have that.

I do however find it totally cringeworthy seeing the same posters, without any hint of irony, flip-flopping from "Rowett out" and "we are rubbish, we'd be relegated" to acting like they expect a trip to Wembley.

Wembley could happen.. who knows. But reality bites. 

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

What an absolute load of crap the original post is. So because we didn’t play total football last night (because we are a championship side not actually Brazil) but won 3-1 the fans should still be down hearted. Jog on with your depressing stuff. Are you a professional mourner or something? 

I know I shouldn't, but I will... what the hell are you babbling on about? 

I never mentioned total football, nor Brazil and made no reference to style of football, nor did I say people should be downhearted or depressed, and nor am I mourning.

So feel to free to toddle along and leave the grown ups to talk about football, unless you want to read the "original post" again, and try and take another stab at what I am trying to actually say.

Unless you're one of those happy-clapper special types who just drools along to the football with no real grasp of what is going on!

9 minutes ago, Moist One said:

?

You don't need me to piss on anyone's chips. Results have done that already this year. However, I will bite and put your mind back over the past few seasons. During the McClaren season, season after Zamora, I wasn't one of the fans willing for a Chris Martin injury just to prove we'd struggle without him, in the Clement season I wasn't one of the fans moaning that winning wasn't good enough and the football was dire. During the Wassall period, I wasn't one of the fans bitching about him taking Thorne off with 10 minutes to go and pretending that the move would obviously lead to Leon Best scoring 2. Similarly in Mac's second spell, I wasn't the negative fan obsessively pre-occupied with a Plan B that wasn't even needed at that time, as we were on a post-Pearson recovery.

I wasn't a fan who slated the signings of Bent, Vydra, Nugent or Jerome either, and never cast envious glances over at Villa and co over the last few seasons as they signed all and sundry.

I hate fans moaning because simply the majority don't understand or appreciate the reality of what's going on. I didn't get carried away when things are going bad, I didn't pin all my hopes on success back when we bought the likes of Shackell back to the club, and neither did I think signing HUddlestone, Davies and Wisdom would equal promotion.

I think of myself of a realist who can see what's coming, whether that is positive or negative. This season, we have struggled against energetic midfields, and I believe Cardiff didn't have that, whereas Villa will have that.

I do however find it totally cringeworthy seeing the same posters, without any hint of irony, flip-flopping from "Rowett out" and "we are rubbish, we'd be relegated" to acting like they expect a trip to Wembley.

I think it might be about the threads timing mate as people want to feel jubilant for a bit  

You are right we don’t need to get carried away and I’m certain Gary Rowett won’t  

Just now, curtains said:

I think it might be about the threads timing mate as people want to feel jubilant for a bit  

You are right we don’t need to get carried away and I’m certain Gary Rowett won’t  

fair play. Just got a bit antsy over some of the things I am reading, I think we are our own worst enemies some times. 

I'd like to think part of the reason we won last night was cos of the arrogance of Cardiff, Morrison and Warnock towards Derby in recent weeks. I tend to think if we become them, we get the same result as them.

We are in no position to gloat, we are still on a rubbish run of results.

3 minutes ago, Moist One said:

I know I shouldn't, but I will... what the hell are you babbling on about? 

I never mentioned total football, nor Brazil and made no reference to style of football, nor did I say people should be downhearted or depressed, and nor am I mourning.

So feel to free to toddle along and leave the grown ups to talk about football, unless you want to read the "original post" again, and try and take another stab at what I am trying to actually say.

Unless you're one of those happy-clapper special types who just drools along to the football with no real grasp of what is going on!

9 minutes ago, Moist One said:

Blimey, could you be any more miserable and condescending? Those who choose to see the positives are not by necessarily by implication lacking 'grasp of what is going on' as you choose to see it, they may just dare to dream.  

And what's really cringeworthy you putting yourself up as some Delphic Oracle of all things football when you've patently failed to grasp what folk are actually saying. So some other folk don't share your opinion. Boo ******* hoo.

1 minute ago, Moist One said:

fair play. Just got a bit antsy over some of the things I am reading, I think we are our own worst enemies some times. 

I'd like to think part of the reason we won last night was cos of the arrogance of Cardiff, Morrison and Warnock towards Derby in recent weeks. I tend to think if we become them, we get the same result as them.

We are in no position to gloat, we are still on a rubbish run of results.

I feel the way Burton beat us 3-1 was some of the Clough factor against Derby though. 

Similar scenario.  

Thought the effort has been excellent against Boro and the pointy heads and that’s great whatever happens to the end of the season. 

I think we all flip flop now and again mate. 

25 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Are you back on our side of the Rowett fence Juan? 

I am currently on the fence, if I stay up here much longer my arse will go numb.

If we make it in to the top six then I will be happy with our performance over the season, it will be in line with what I expected before we kicked a ball so I can't criticise Rowett for that really.

Style of play has still been woeful at times mind you. 

9 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I am currently on the fence, if I stay up here much longer my arse will go numb.

Might I recommend this little number  Sir? It's the BioFlex Cruise Gel Saddle which I'm told molds to fit your contours. Could be 5 further games if we're really lucky and too much fence-sitting may well result in piles ?

image.png.8884699beec7022071351b86474782de.png

Archived