let's not get carried away

Mostyn6

1 hour ago, Moist One said:

I know I shouldn't, but I will... what the hell are you babbling on about? 

I never mentioned total football, nor Brazil and made no reference to style of football, nor did I say people should be downhearted or depressed, and nor am I mourning.

So feel to free to toddle along and leave the grown ups to talk about football, unless you want to read the "original post" again, and try and take another stab at what I am trying to actually say.

Unless you're one of those happy-clapper special types who just drools along to the football with no real grasp of what is going on!

Oh of course, that’s me. 

Condescending, depressing, that’s you. 

Takes all sorts. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Moist One said:

We can all enjoy a good and almost convincing win but let's not get carried away, we won the game cos of their weak-ish midfield, and their defensive mistakes. We were due the opponent making poor errors, but it's very rare that a midfield is that lacking against us and I doubt very much the Villa midfield will be so impotent at the weekend.

Prepare for disappointment if you are expecting similar against Villa, their midfield is packed with battling quality and I fully expect them to run around us.

That team we beat because of their 'weak-ish midfield, and their defensive mistakes' are currently sitting at 2nd in the table.

Stop being a negative wrist-slasher and let people enjoy a convincing win against a good side.

This is the problem with DCFC.

4 wins in 2018 - we beat Cardiff, who I thought were pretty ***** anyway  and suddenly the last dozen games are forgotten and all is forgiven.

Nothing will change my mind on GR or these players until they can maintain this kind of performance. How can they get hammered against Sunderland and Burton, then put in a shift last night? Its all too Hull play off like for me.

Tbh my overwhelming feeling is relief.

Relief that the players do actually give a monkeys and can stand up and fight when the chips are down.

Relief that Rowett can actually try something different.

Relief that the feeling of resignation and indifference I'd been feeling recently about this season may be replaced by late blooming optimism.

Who'd be a football fan, eh?

Do it again Saturday, men.

I intend to get very carried away. Until have reason to do otherwise. SO happy ? with last nights efforts. You could see how much it meant to the team and GR. Let's bask in this win for a while. Stuff the doom and gloom merchants.

Maybe, just maybe we contributed to Cardiff being poor.

It was in truth a pleasant surprise to me how much better we played and the atmosphere was great, let’s get stuck into Villa using this formation and hopefully the players will be up for it now.

It was great to see Keogh going crackers after our third goal hugging the other players and I hope he shouted ******* as he walked past Morrison at full time.

12 hours ago, Moist One said:

We can all enjoy a good and almost convincing win but let's not get carried away, we won the game cos of their weak-ish midfield, and their defensive mistakes. We were due the opponent making poor errors, but it's very rare that a midfield is that lacking against us and I doubt very much the Villa midfield will be so impotent at the weekend.

Prepare for disappointment if you are expecting similar against Villa, their midfield is packed with battling quality and I fully expect them to run around us.

Yes a good performance against Cardiff doesn't overshadow the failures against Burton and Sunderland. If we scrape into the play offs and avoid humiliation in the knock out stage, the season can at least end on a positive. 

18 minutes ago, 86 points said:

It watching Derby made me as miserable as some folk on here, I'd simply not bother. I'd probably take up another pastime. Maybe a bit of casual self-harming or the like. 

giphy.gif

I think they just like being miserable.

Getting carried away for me is all part of being a Derby fan. If I didn't get carried away and endure disappointment on a regular basis then nights like the Cardiff matches would mean nothing. I haven't experienced a game like the Cardiff one in a while but what a night it was and I will continue to carried away as always! Up the Rams!!

On 25/04/2018 at 08:51, Moist One said:

I bet you're fun at parties. 

1 hour ago, Moist One said:

this is what I am trying to prevent. I cannot handle the bipolarism of it all.

Bit pointless Moist - highs and lows mate. It's what being a fan is all about, for most, anyway. I mostly self-medicate to avoid the lows anyway. Spent a fortune under Pearson though ?

Archived