let's not get carried away

Mostyn6

We can all enjoy a good and almost convincing win but let's not get carried away, we won the game cos of their weak-ish midfield, and their defensive mistakes. We were due the opponent making poor errors, but it's very rare that a midfield is that lacking against us and I doubt very much the Villa midfield will be so impotent at the weekend.

Prepare for disappointment if you are expecting similar against Villa, their midfield is packed with battling quality and I fully expect them to run around us.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Moist One said:

We can all enjoy a good and almost convincing win but let's not get carried away, we won the game cos of their weak-ish midfield, and their defensive mistakes. We were due the opponent making poor errors, but it's very rare that a midfield is that lacking against us and I doubt very much the Villa midfield will be so impotent at the weekend.

Prepare for disappointment if you are expecting similar against Villa, their midfield is packed with battling quality and I fully expect them to run around us.

Sorry but what a load of negative rubbish. (Won because of their errors...Pah).

Depends on the manager.

If he sets us up like the first half then we won't create anything, our strikers will be isolated and our fans will be frustrated. 

If we set up like in the second half with most players playing 10 yards further forwards (particularly the 2 centre mids) then we should have enough about us to make it a very difficult game for them. 

We just need Huddlestone and Johnson to realise that in a 343 they are no longer 'holding midfielders' as the third centre back provides that cover for the 2 other centre halves. 

I won't get carried away but I'm clinging on to the hope that I'll get to feel like I did from 70 minutes to 90 minutes last night again at some point this season. 

The team last night just showed what they can do. 

Cardiff made mistakes because we made them make mistakes. Just like we’ve done this season, we make mistakes because teams took the game to us. 

As a supporter, I don’t expect anything less from those players now for the rest of the season, whether that’s 2 games, 4 or even 5. 

My faith has just been restored much more than it has been lately. 

Many negativity from anybody between now and Saturday goes to show what sort of person they really are. 

3 hours ago, Moist One said:

Understand what you are saying Mostyn, we shouldn't get carried away as we have 2 big games ahead of us now, a top 6 place is far from being secure yet, both Villa and Barnsley will be no roll overs.

It's been a rough few months though, plenty of squabbling between fans over what football is, enjoying last night is what we should be doing. Those are the highs which make us sit through the lows.

Was it the perfect display of football you will ever likely see? No it wasn't.

Did Cardiff make mistakes? of course they did, so did Olsson by watching Keogh's defensive tutorial on how to leave your man, but rarely do we highlight our mistakes.

When we lose it's the manager, line up, formation, tactics, style of play, owner, recruitment, scouting, sackings.

When Derby win it's down to opposition mistakes, luck and anything but Derby deserving the win. 

Boys done good last night, despite all the concerns over the line up, players bottle, courage, they stood up last night and were counted, got the job not many thought they could do done.

Let's enjoy this one before writing off the next one already, who knows they might go out and prove everyone wrong again....with obviously the helping hand of Lady Luck and Villa mistakes ahem. 

I don’t think we’ve suddenly turned into world beaters. But the team has at least proved it can have a go. Yes Cardiff made errors but as @CHCDerby alluded to, they made mistakes because we put them under pressure.

there was still a lot that could have been done better last night, but that second half was a big improvement, and was a team I can at least care about. That needs to be the standard for the rest of the seasonz

Far from being convinced we've hit on something and turned a corner, but even if it only works for the next 5 games it will do. Wanting someone new for the last few games was as much about seeing a motivated team have a go as it was Rowett's shortcomings. If he get's them fired up then great. Personally still think errors and confidence will likely mess things up over the next 2 but I hope I'm proved wrong.

No doubting who manager is on the play offs we're all behind them.

A good showing including at least the play off semis and he's earned a chance to start next season and see if he can carry it on.

Although get promoted and I'd probably make a change anyway.

21 minutes ago, curtains said:

Funny how we beat Villa at Pride Park then. 

Mate, will you never learn? Optimism and belief are not the hallmarks of a proper Derby fan. Every silver lining has a cloud mate. Time you took your responsibilities a bit more seriously, I reckon ?

Yeah let’s not get carried away. Let’s not take this momentum into the next game and get behind the lads. Last thing we all need is belief. Have the players seen their form this year?! We’re awful. Best bring them back down to reality and revert to getting on their backs with some solid misery. Take no encouragement from last night. Who are we? We’re Derby County, and we’re crap! 

10 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Yeah let’s not get carried away. Let’s not take this momentum into the next game and get behind the lads. Last thing we all need is belief. Have the players seen their form this year?! We’re awful. Best bring them back down to reality and revert to getting on their backs with some solid misery. Take no encouragement from last night. Who are we? We’re Derby County, and we’re crap! 

you still can't read/interpret. I am not talking about what the players should and shouldn't do, I'm saying fans should ditch the delusion.

I agree with the original post - Cardiff were very poor and gifted us the goals.

It was however, a much improved performance and begs the question where has the passion and energy been in other games ?

Archived