Derby County Football Club vs Middlesbrough

cannable

2 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Hope so mate. 

We've only won 2 of 8 at home since Christmas though, doesn't fill me with any great confidence but it's do or die now. Just got to give it a shot, hopefully our best. 

I hope so too.  I think Fulham will beat Millwall tomorrow night .

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Doodle said:

I think we need to win 2 games out of four to make the play offs. Saturday isn’t a must win, but certainly is a must not lose. I actually think Villa will be our easiest game. They will be firmly ensconced in 4th by then. When Steve Bruce took Hull up, he rested most of the first team for the last couple of league games and I expect he will do likewise this year. Barnsley should be easy ( just like Burton and Sunderland ?) I expect Warnock will thrash us next Tuesday though.

I think it is a must win. Can't see us getting anything out of Villa or Cardiff....

4 hours ago, NoLoRam said:

Can't do that this season. They introduced a new rule after last year cause Huddersfield played at weakened side against Birmingham who eventually won 2-0 and stayed up.

"The new policy, which comes into effect from next month, states: “For any league match played on or after the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a league game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the league match before.”

Didn’t realise that, can’t make em try hard tho?

3 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

How is it not a must win game? There are only 2 teams above us that we could realistically overtake. Boro are one of them. If we lose we will be 4 points behind and if millwall win we will be 4 points behind them also. THIS is the must win game to put us back in the driving seat.

I said it’s a must not lose. If we draw and win 2 games out of 3, with our goal difference that’s going to be enough. Especially as millwall and boro play each other and millwall play fullham. 

If we can't beat Sunderland and burton we might struggle to  beat villa and Cardiff. But football is football so Anything can happen. Millwall lose to Fulham and we beat boro and we go 5th so 2 teams then need to get more points than us and it will take the pressure off.

must win game on Saturday.

36 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

If we can't beat Sunderland and burton we might struggle to  beat villa and Cardiff. But football is football so Anything can happen. Millwall lose to Fulham and we beat boro and we go 5th so 2 teams then need to get more points than us and it will take the pressure off.

Haven't we been going through these sorts of permutations for about the last month and they get ever more convoluted and fantastical.

What we absolutely must do, immediately (and in fact should have done for the past 2 months) is recover our form and play decent fast-paced attacking football built off a craggy defence.

All else follows as sure as night follows day :thumbsup:

Not confident about this one - If we don't beat Boro'  I can't see us getting anything from 

Cardiff or Villa, and we ain't gonna win the last match whatever happens - cause it will be

over, one way or another.

See you on the other side  :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Another defeat looms. I actually hope we do not reach the play offs as it would be quite embarrassing to watch and if we somehow fluked it like last time I fear another 11 point season in the Premier League. 

i see youve woke up in a good positive mood

9 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

If Millwall lose tonight even a draw with Boro would put us back in the top 6.

Massive game ,, have we gone mentally,have we lost the plot or can the manager and the players get it together ,,, they are the only question and I don’t have a clue what the answer will be over this game and the three after that ,,, I know I should be positive but I’ve got that dog that’s been beaten too many times feeling and it’s time for derby to put that right ,, in the words of oasis ,when it comes on top you’ve got to make it happen ,that’s the message to the players , get out there and make it happen , fight and a total refusal to lie down is the only thing that will carry us through now anything less and we are ******* yet again

9 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I’d probably swap Hanson & Huddlestone around but otherwise a decent looking team.

Don’t think huddlestone is mobile enough for the holding role. He’d be bypassed by a quick attacker where as Hanson would probably scythe him down on the half way line... 

2 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Another defeat looms. I actually hope we do not reach the play offs as it would be quite embarrassing to watch and if we somehow fluked it like last time I fear another 11 point season in the Premier League. 

So regardless, whatever circumstances the Rams go up, we are doomed to get another 11 points in the Premiership? How come all the other teams that have gone up have managed to use all the additional funds to be at least be competitive? Ridiculous logic and mentality.....

53 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

So regardless, whatever circumstances the Rams go up, we are doomed to get another 11 points in the Premiership? How come all the other teams that have gone up have managed to use all the additional funds to be at least be competitive? Ridiculous logic and mentality.....

You just know that when we finally go up we'll hear pundits mentioning it over and over again like it has any relevance!!

Different players, different manager, different owner, different coaches, different everything... apart from us!

Palmer and Wiemann probably out injured 

Speaking to Derby’s official Twitter account (@dcfcofficial), Rowett has confirmed that both Weimann and Palmer have been struggling with knocks this week, leaving them in doubt for this weekend’s visit of Boro.

Queue.    Hanson and Thomas maybe ! 

Archived