Derby County Football Club vs Middlesbrough

cannable

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I have a season ticket and so does my boy Edward. I love the time he and I share at the football ...it’s a lovely bonding time.

Despite that, I’m seriously thinking of not going to the game next Saturday. It’s actually my birthday but I’m not sure I have the will power to sit through another 90 minutes of dirge. 

Sorry to bring the tone down. :mellow:

I'd go to Hooters instead for my birthday, much more fun 

44 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I have a season ticket and so does my boy Edward. I love the time he and I share at the football ...it’s a lovely bonding time.

Despite that, I’m seriously thinking of not going to the game next Saturday. It’s actually my birthday but I’m not sure I have the will power to sit through another 90 minutes of dirge. 

Sorry to bring the tone down. :mellow:

You should still go. Just bookend the match with a birthday pint in the Brunny. If we're lucky, you can make the 2nd pint a celebratory pint.

As a 'son', i always enjoy going to the match with my dad, regardless of result. If for nothing else, we can grumble in unison but still enjoy the pint and cob!

Ok we're going to stick with 4231 by the looks of it and some respects to Rowett for sticking to what he believes in if that's the case I think we need to go.

Carson 

Bogle.      Davies.        Wisdom.    Ollson 

Huddlestone.  Ledley 

Thomas.          Palmer.          Johnson 

Vydra 

I've read various posts on sacking Rowett etc etc ... But where's that going to get you , has playing pretty football on the deck got us promoted before ? 

Its the players who are letting the club down at the moment for that case I'd give a few of the under 23 players a run and play players who actually want to play and show some passion on the pitch. 

15 hours ago, cannable said:

My first time, any other situation and I’d try something more extravagant or sophisticated but now we all need to pull together. No matter what we think or feel undying love and support is what the team requires.

Let’s reach those ******* play-offs. Come on Derby.

I do applaud your sentiment. Regarding the play offs, that train has well and truly left the platform, unfortunately. Can't realistically see another win this season. 

15 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

I think the main thing wrong right now is we're not playing deep enough. Start Jerome this game, and keep everyone else further back. When we pick up the ball, knock a couple of passes among our 9 man defence and send a high 80yd ball to Jerome. No more of this garbage 40yd short passing from Huddersfield - Pearce is our playmaker and we need to use him like one.

Rowett till I die.

Huddlestone, not Huddersfield. I was drunk yesterday.

After yesterdays dire result, and performance, this positive happy clapper Ram fan, can not see anything but a defeat lol, at the moment the club is full of negativity from fans , players, everyone, hope the atmosphere does not get to toxic, will be there as usual, but not looking forward to it, think Boro will win 2-0, and the booing will be louder than usual, really hope I am wrong, but starting to wish the season had already ended, as I have had enough. Hope we sort it out in the summer, and get rid of the players who do not have the balls or stomach to play for this GREAT club.

Nearly found this thread on the next page :blink: such is the heavy debate on here. 

Massive game from our perspective. Even bigger team selection from GR. Something has got to change let's see who has the balls and desire to go up.  

My team

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Olsson

Huddlestone

Palmer       Hanson

Weimann    Vydra     Lawrence

LB is a massive issue area not been convinced by anyone this season at all. Olsson for the attacking threat only and the fact he might be able to keep pace with Traore.

We need PPS rocking to try and get the lads over the line.

Palmers got to start surely. Have him and lawrence just behing vyd. 

Carson

Wisdom        keogh      davies     whoever

Thorne      hudd         ledley

Palmer      lawrence

Vydra

Potential solution to our no good left back situation, and having just watched the u23s. 

Carson

Keogh   Davies   Wisdom

Bogle       Ledley  Huddlestone     Anya (if fit, ollson if not)

Lawrence .      Vydra

Nugent.

Im sure we'll go 4-2-3-1, change a couple of players and lose tho.           

21 hours ago, kingsy1884 said:

Nearly found this thread on the next page :blink: such is the heavy debate on here. 

Massive game from our perspective. Even bigger team selection from GR. Something has got to change let's see who has the balls and desire to go up.  

My team

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Olsson

Huddlestone

Palmer       Hanson

Weimann    Vydra     Lawrence

LB is a massive issue area not been convinced by anyone this season at all. Olsson for the attacking threat only and the fact he might be able to keep pace with Traore.

We need PPS rocking to try and get the lads over the line.

Was about to post a very similar line up to this. Would swap around  huddlestone and Hanson though. Hanson there to break up their attacks and huddlestone pushed further forwards to make the most of his passing ability with Palmer next to him to provide legs. 

I will be in Tampa for a friend's wedding so will miss watching this one. But tbh not that upset about it.

Can we still make the playoffs? Yeah.Do I have faith that we will? Not really.

Regardless, I will be checking up on the score when I can, hopefully we show some enthusiasm in this one.

On 15/04/2018 at 00:30, Duracell said:

Ashamed to say I’ve got that horrible feeling that I’d rather spend my Saturday doing something else.

Don’t get me wrong. I’ll still drag myself up there. But I’m looking forward to going back to work next week more than the football.

In fact, work is a welcome break from thinking about Derby at the minute.

You didn’t mind staying away when we were winning and you were up broke back mountain with yer mates did yer?

Go on, deny it.

I’m not sure about the formation. I’d like to see us playing a 3-5-2. Not sure we've got the personnel at the moment for 4-3-3.

All I ask is that we ATTACK!

Its all well and good playing counter attack and containment. But you’ve got to have the speed and cajones to blitz their goal when you actually get the ball. Doesn’t seem like we’ve done that since December.....

I just want to see a Derby team, at home, not sizing up the opposition and then waiting to pounce (and not always doing it) but to just ******* run at them. Terrify them.

Wisdom is the size of a Panzer tank. Get him up and down the wings.

Thorne had a few bad games, but he is a great player. Put him on with 30 mins to go and tell him to express himself. Give him belief. 

Dont stick to a system/ideology that has been found out. Give them freedom to play football and tell them to run their balls off 90 minutes.

??

Archived