Derby County Football Club vs Middlesbrough

cannable

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/15/2018 at 21:18, kingsy1884 said:

Nearly found this thread on the next page :blink: such is the heavy debate on here. 

Massive game from our perspective. Even bigger team selection from GR. Something has got to change let's see who has the balls and desire to go up.  

My team

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Olsson

Huddlestone

Palmer       Hanson

Weimann    Vydra     Lawrence

LB is a massive issue area not been convinced by anyone this season at all. Olsson for the attacking threat only and the fact he might be able to keep pace with Traore.

We need PPS rocking to try and get the lads over the line.

Not Bad TBF i would have put Thomas in for Weimann as hes been poor recently

20 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

That score line was very flattering. We definately did not 'smash' them. This board went well OTT after that game, typical all or nothing response to a victory or a defeat. Things went our way on the day, thats all.

Not sure what was flattering about it, we put our chances away and defended effectively, came away 3-0 winners. 

Don’t put the ball in the net and keep it out of yours, you don’t deserve to win.

Most of our results these season appear to be put down to luck and not the players putting a shift in. How much luck can one side have?

*I know you personally haven’t said luck AR, but results flattering us isn’t straying too far off topic

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

That score line was very flattering. We definately did not 'smash' them. This board went well OTT after that game, typical all or nothing response to a victory or a defeat. Things went our way on the day, thats all.

I was there mate and after Carson made a fantastic save early on we were the better team.  

I was just trying to lift the doom and gloom .

Vydra was great that day and he smashed um in. 

46 minutes ago, David said:

Not sure what was flattering about it, we put our chances away and defended effectively, came away 3-0 winners. 

Don’t put the ball in the net and keep it out of yours, you don’t deserve to win.

Most of our results these season appear to be put down to luck and not the players putting a shift in. How much luck can one side have?

*I know you personally haven’t said luck AR, but results flattering us isn’t straying too far off topic

I was there.. Scored against the run of play in the first half. Pen in the second.. My point was and is that the reaction at the time was well over the top to one result. Yes we took our chances and things went for us. 

14 minutes ago, curtains said:

Sorry the highlights made it look that way but it was a very good away performance by Derby. 

We took the opportunity for sure. You must have been in the bar in the 1st half though, they were much better than us and we had one chance that was well taken. They imploded second half and we beat them well. A good away win at a difficult place for us to win at.

7 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

We took the opportunity for sure. You must have been in the bar in the 1st half though, they were much better than us and we had one chance that was well taken. They imploded second half and we beat them well. A good away win at a difficult place for us to win at.

We was 1 up at half time though mate. 

I except we had some luck first half but the Vydra goal was stunning play between Wiemann , Lawrence and Vydra who smashe it in 

12 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I agree. It was the sort of performance to those in the past where teams have come to Pride Park and 'done us over' and we thought 'how did we lose that?'

I think it was the day I got what Rowett was trying to achieve on the road.

It was great to be on the other side of that type of result but they work much better away from home.

Not sure I can take it home and away, every week. And it does rely heavily on defensive luck, immense goalkeeping and clinical finishing. I'd say we've been short on all three of those in recent months.

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

I agree. It was the sort of performance to those in the past where teams have come to Pride Park and 'done us over' and we thought 'how did we lose that?'

I think it was the day I got what Rowett was trying to achieve on the road.

It was great to be on the other side of that type of result but they work much better away from home.

Not sure I can take it home and away, every week. And it does rely heavily on defensive luck, immense goalkeeping and clinical finishing. I'd say we've been short on all three of those in recent months.

I don’t care about recent months but what I do care about is the next 4 games. 

12 minutes ago, curtains said:

I don’t care about recent months but what I do care about is the next 4 games. 

Agree. If we can get back to that level, all will be well in the short term.

It's the IF that we've all been debating for the last few weeks. At least we'll all know in a few short days.

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

Agree. If we can get back to that level, all will be well in the short term.

It's the IF that we've all been debating for the last few weeks. At least we'll all know in a few short days.

I think we need to win 2 games out of four to make the play offs. Saturday isn’t a must win, but certainly is a must not lose. I actually think Villa will be our easiest game. They will be firmly ensconced in 4th by then. When Steve Bruce took Hull up, he rested most of the first team for the last couple of league games and I expect he will do likewise this year. Barnsley should be easy ( just like Burton and Sunderland ?) I expect Warnock will thrash us next Tuesday though.

2 hours ago, Doodle said:

I think we need to win 2 games out of four to make the play offs. Saturday isn’t a must win, but certainly is a must not lose. I actually think Villa will be our easiest game. They will be firmly ensconced in 4th by then. When Steve Bruce took Hull up, he rested most of the first team for the last couple of league games and I expect he will do likewise this year. Barnsley should be easy ( just like Burton and Sunderland ?) I expect Warnock will thrash us next Tuesday though.

Can't do that this season. They introduced a new rule after last year cause Huddersfield played at weakened side against Birmingham who eventually won 2-0 and stayed up.

"The new policy, which comes into effect from next month, states: “For any league match played on or after the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a league game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the league match before.”

3 hours ago, Doodle said:

How is it not a must win game? There are only 2 teams above us that we could realistically overtake. Boro are one of them. If we lose we will be 4 points behind and if millwall win we will be 4 points behind them also. THIS is the must win game to put us back in the driving seat.

57 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

How is it not a must win game? There are only 2 teams above us that we could realistically overtake. Boro are one of them. If we lose we will be 4 points behind and if millwall win we will be 4 points behind them also. THIS is the must win game to put us back in the driving seat.

Boro play Millwall after us and we have 4 games left the others only have 3. 

16 minutes ago, curtains said:

Boro play Millwall after us and we have 4 games left the others only have 3. 

I think they're getting at the fact that if we lose this and Millwall win, a point in their game together would be pretty decent for both teams. We'd have to take maximum points from Cardiff and Villa to then get back in the driving seat going into the final day.

We've got to stop relying on other teams and do something ourselves. We're quickly running out of opportunities. 

9 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I think they're getting at the fact that if we lose this and Millwall win, a point in their game together would be pretty decent for both teams. We'd have to take maximum points from Cardiff and Villa to then get back in the driving seat going into the final day.

We've got to stop relying on other teams and do something ourselves. We're quickly running out of opportunities. 

Of course but we are capable of it. 

Fulham vs Millwall tomorrow 

We have 3 at home out of 4 games 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Of course but we are capable of it. 

Fulham vs Millwall tomorrow 

We have 3 at home out of 4 games 

Hope so mate. 

We've only won 2 of 8 at home since Christmas though, doesn't fill me with any great confidence but it's do or die now. Just got to give it a shot, hopefully our best. 

Archived