Sam Rush

ilkleyram
Message added by Day

I would like to remind all members of our terms of use which can be found at https://dcfcfans.uk/terms

This is an active court case, one that will generate a lot of interest and discussion, however posts that can be seen as slanderous/libellous to either party or club will be removed. 

If you do find that your post has been removed and you are unsure why, please contact a moderator/myself.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, RamNut said:

round one to sam rush - fairly comprehensive win.

amazing that there was no statement by the club and nothing in the media.

its going to be interesting.

The Mail making reference to Employment Judge Clark’s comments is not interesting, sounds like the dirty washing is about to be aired.

I’m not pre-judging anything but as a fan, I wonder why the team I support, seems to have such an history of so many off-field drama’s down the years :(

Guess we always knew if there was no private settlement, it could drag the club through the courts and media. Mel wanted to set the record straight and settle the matter in public from past comments when Sam went, but I’d much rather we were in the news for on pitch matters.

Whatever anyone thinks of Rush and whatever the end result, this is yet again not a good moment for Derby County.

I struggle to believe the following happened as per the article;

SR and MM (the board at the time I believe of Sevco) - we agree to spend £6 million on Bradley Johnson

Actual - £6.5 (I'm making this number up) million is paid to Norwich as agreed by Rush.

Finance Director then makes the payments (plus future payments that a contract says are to be paid) based on the contract.

So this will come down to whether there are signed and document board minute decisions which declare what was agreed by the board (again the board being SR and MM at the time) in respect of contracts awarded and/or transfer fees paid.

This is going to get really messy and will be an embarrassing time for the club.

Darrn bents contract extension seems to have triggered it all. presumably the same clause exists with other contracts. Maybe shackell, johnson, butterfield etc....the wassermans.

Don't really get it..

So in layman's terms it looks to me like rather than claiming Rush was doing something downright illegal and totally unseen...the club are claiming he overpaid, didn't drive the best bargain, added on terms, and generally made sure other people benefitted rather than the club ?

And as the expert and very well paid at that ....he was at best negligent if not outright deliberately not doing his job...but merely feathering his nest??

No idea of the truth...just trying to understand what the club's stance is.

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Don't really get it..

So in layman's terms it looks to me like rather than claiming Rush was doing something downright illegal and totally unseen...the club are claiming he overpaid, didn't drive the best bargain, added on terms, and generally made sure other people benefitted rather than the club ?

And as the expert and very well paid at that ....he was at best negligent if not outright deliberately not doing his job...but merely feathering his nest??

No idea of the truth...just trying to understand what the club's stance is.

I was thinking about the same. Is it against the law to do your job poorly? If so, courtrooms should be filled...

5 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

You don’t need to be a top lawyer to figure out that someone had our pants down with Abdoul Camara.

You don’t have to be an expert to figure we overpaid for several in recent years on the basis of form showed on the pitch.

Trouble is “we” whoever that may be, agreed to buy them and selling clubs knew they could demand those fees, because “we” were prepared to pay the inflated prices. Until the last window our transfer business has hardly seemed best value since Mel arrived, whether that be down to Mel, the Managers or someone else.

Sith Happens
6 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

You don’t need to be a top lawyer to figure out that someone had our pants down with Abdoul Camara.

You could really have an <insert players name here> instead of Abdoul Camara.

Of course he won the industrial tribunal. We dismissed him without him having counsel in the disciplinary meeting. We must have known he would win this, but damages in an industrial tribunal cannot exceed 80k. 

I don't think this has any bearing on the civil court case. The actions in his dismissal were wrong, but the reason must have some weight for us to not have settled out of court

Archived