Sam Rush

ilkleyram
Message added by Day

I would like to remind all members of our terms of use which can be found at https://dcfcfans.uk/terms

This is an active court case, one that will generate a lot of interest and discussion, however posts that can be seen as slanderous/libellous to either party or club will be removed. 

If you do find that your post has been removed and you are unsure why, please contact a moderator/myself.

2 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

It's not the mistakes that really bother me, it's the repeated changes of strategy that have just left us in a mess.  The 'Derby Way' stuff that was so important to Mel when he first arrived is (IMO anyway) absolutely the right strategy for a club in our position - we should have a club 'style of play', and should be appointing managers, signing players, and developing youngsters that all fit into that style. We banged on about that for 6 months, and then spent the next few years actively setting out to make sure it could never, ever happen.  If Morris (or whoever) makes good decisions for sensible reasons (even if they don't work out in practice), then he'll have all the support in the world from me.

Nail meats the head. kuva.png.1b5ed1cedd7f814ef6861e0899ca1fef.png

Reactive management... *shudders*

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

I agree with @duncanjwitham his last post just about sums my thoughts... 

Your post was strange as it seems you want to condone some loose canon firing people all over the place just because you can afford 70k.  It’s hopefully a professionally run organisation and not, as it seems on occasion, one mans play thing. 

Would you work for a man like that? 

I just want the geezer to do his job, cut the bollx and start running the business professionally.. Honest opinion his watch has been poor.. 2/10 at best. 

I did used to work for a man like that. A football chairman. And actually if it was my money and I paid someone a very very good wage with extravagant benefits to do a job I’d expect him to do it and do it well. He must have trusted him, given him responsibilities and felt let down. MM the unprofessional one? No. 

16 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I did used to work for a man like that. A football chairman. And actually if it was my money and I paid someone a very very good wage with extravagant benefits to do a job I’d expect him to do it and do it well. He must have trusted him, given him responsibilities and felt let down. MM the unprofessional one? No. 

Well actually he is, the employment tribunal backed Rush that the process was not followed correctly.. So yes unprofessional, how can it be anything else? Regardless of whether the person should be sacked or not, you have to follow the law.  It’s quite simple, even Morris should be able to comprehend the basics. Or are you saying he is above the law because he feels let down and has money.. Weird. 

20 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

You can't say that Mel Morris is not unprofessional after being found guilty of failing to follow basic employment law protocol by an EAT after sacking Sam Rush...that's an employment tribunals statement, not mine.

You have to be sensible about these things and not play players to please the crowd if the player isn't ready. But I would much rather we play young energetic players next season and only go with the minimum amount of grandads and finish mid table (or higher) and get the team ready to be promoted and stay in the Prem. It may take a couple of seasons but I think people would be more supportive of Gary and his young guns then Gary and the Grandads. Just my opinion like lol

6 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Well actually he is, the employment tribunal backed Rush that the process was not followed correctly.. So yes unprofessional, how can it be anything else? Regardless of whether the person should be sacked or not, you have to follow the law.  It’s quite simple, even Morris should be able to comprehend the basics. Or are you saying he is above the law because he feels let down and has money.. Weird. 

No, I’m saying he probably felt the penalty was worth the crime. There’s a difference. 

3 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

You can't say that Mel Morris is not unprofessional after being found guilty of failing to follow basic employment law protocol by an EAT after sacking Sam Rush...that's an employment tribunals statement, not mine.

Have you ever known what the punishment would be but decided you’d do it anyway? 

It obviously bothers some people but it doesn’t bother me. I’m tired of the bashing of the chairman to be honest 

1 minute ago, Ewe Ram said:

No, I’m saying he probably felt the penalty was worth the crime. There’s a difference. 

No not really.. There is right and wrong, simple really. 

I would not want anyone near our club who even thought that was acceptable on any level.

Just now, Ewe Ram said:

Have you ever known what the punishment would be but decided you’d do it anyway? 

It obviously bothers some people but it doesn’t bother me. I’m tired of the bashing of the chairman to be honest 

Absolutely whether you call it taking a flier or a calculated risk - what bothers me is that his poor decision making is playing out in the national media reflecting on the club.

If Rush has been up to even half of what seems to be the case, then getting him out the door with immediate effect is entirely understandable. If you find you have a malignant tumor, you cut the ****** out straight away, even if it leaves an ugly scar. What you don't do is sit around waiting to see if it heals itself. 

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

If Rush has been up to even half of what seems to be the case, then getting him out the door with immediate effect is entirely understandable. If you find you have a malignant tumor, you cut the ****** out straight away, even if it leaves an ugly scar. What you don't do is sit around waiting to see if it heals itself. 

No problem with that, garden leave and follow the process.. 

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

No problem with that, garden leave and follow the process.. 

We'll see pal. If Mel has ****** up as spectacularly as you'd have us believe then we'll find out soon enough. Given what he's tried to do for the club, I'll not be standing in judgement just yet.

48 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

No not really.. There is right and wrong, simple really. 

I would not want anyone near our club who even thought that was acceptable on any level.

I think you live in a very sterile world there. Do you even know what happens in football at all? It’s not Football Manager on your pc. 

Just now, Ewe Ram said:

I think you live in a very sterile world there. Do you even know what happens in football at all? It’s not Football Manager on your pc. 

Ffs , tell me that post was a joke. So it’s okay for a football club to ignore the rules.. 

Head shake.. That’s just embarrassing.. :lol:

31 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Ffs , tell me that post was a joke. So it’s okay for a football club to ignore the rules.. 

Head shake.. That’s just embarrassing.. :lol:

I’m out of this thread now. You’re being niaive. 

I’m tired of your posts and your ‘angry’ stance. It’s boring as hell. You’ve finally done me, you’ve twisted everything I’ve ever said on this forum for the sake of an argument. Grow up. 

9 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I’m out of this thread now. You’re being niaive. 

I’m tired of your posts and your ‘angry’ stance. It’s boring as hell. You’ve finally done me, you’ve twisted everything I’ve ever said on this forum for the sake of an argument. Grow up. 

Bye bye... Not twisted anything.. You posted what you posted.

Not sure I will sleep now :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, 86 points said:

You'd generally get a doctor to do it, not whip out the Swiss army knife!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived