Winnall wants to stay at Derby

Day

Sam Winnall  

276 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Butterfield will end up at Barnsley in my opinion but enough about him.

Winnall, I like the cut of his jib, I’d like us to sign him and while I can’t argue with Sage vis a vie we could do with aiming higher quality wise, if we are tight on FFP, where’s the dough coming from for this extra quality ?

Winnall could be our Chris Wood who, incidentally, is doing ok in the Premier League. If his goal at Ipswich had been scored by Hazard or Aguero they’d still be showing on SSN now. He’s got nuisance value too, puts himself about and I like that.

He's out injured until Christmas / Jan 2019 with his second ACL injury.  He's out of contract in June 2019 IIRC?. I'd sign him on a free on a pre-contract in Jan 2019; possibly paying a smallish loan fee to have him for the final 6 months of his contract.

But I certainly wouldn't stump up a lot of cash this summer for a player whose had 2 ACLs and is nearing the end of his contract

6 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

As Rowett said in the fan forum they did last week (I think it was last week), the price will be high because it's Derby County that are asking. Other clubs seem to think Mel Morris is swimming around in a pile of bank notes in the Pride Park board room like Scrooge McDuck.

Whereas we all know it’s sausages:lol: 

18 minutes ago, feisty said:

He's out injured until Christmas / Jan 2019 with his second ACL injury.  He's out of contract in June 2019 IIRC?. I'd sign him on a free on a pre-contract in Jan 2019; possibly paying a smallish loan fee to have him for the final 6 months of his contract.

But I certainly wouldn't stump up a lot of cash this summer for a player whose had 2 ACLs and is nearing the end of his contract

He's out injured until late Aug/Sep I believe... and his contract is until 2020... apart from that your plan is flawless ;)

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

He's out injured until late Aug/Sep I believe... and his contract is until 2020... apart from that your plan is flawless ;)

owned.   (Wendies seem to think injury is until Christmas but if you've heard August / Sept...).  I still think it's too big a risk.  Look at Thorne and Forsyth. Still not yet back at their old levels

12 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Course he wants to stay. He’s looking for that fat perm contract (which we will obviously be offering everyone next season, positive thoughts). 

err, right , I mean , erm , sorry.

What the hell are you on about , again , its so confusing ?

3 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

err, right , I mean , erm , sorry.

What the hell are you on about , again , its so confusing ?

God dammit. Prem contract. 

He knows we’re going to get promoted and it’s a bit of a no brainer to want a contract with premiership derby than with championship Wednesday. 

7 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

God dammit. Prem contract. 

He knows we’re going to get promoted and it’s a bit of a no brainer to want a contract with premiership derby than with championship Wednesday. 

Yeah, right , course, Daft of me.

Are you ok ?

13 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Has Butters been saying he wants to stay at the Wendies?

His style suits them so well.

Anyway, long as he recovers OK, yeah, et him in. Rowett likes him and he has that knack of scoring needed goals.

Speaking to the Wendies I’m fairly confident they don’t want Butters to stay.

Butters said he wanted to stay at Wednesday the day after he went?

Against Manu he carried the ball forward well and provided a decent outlet linking up well with Lawrence against (if Mourinho wasn't draining the life out of them) world class players. He'd be fine in the lower half of the prem, even more so as a second striker hoping that we'd upgrade again once up? 

Probably Rowett’s best signing next to Davies.

Clearly missed him, think he’s the only striker of the current lot we have under contract that I actually want at the club.

Jerome and Nuge are past it, Martin won’t be used properly because we’re so overtly defensive, get rid of all them and get Winnall + one other in.

Can we also use loans more often too? If we’re on a budget, I don’t see how they’re not a good idea.

Rowett moaned about loan fees but has been happy to pay out 2 mil for Jerome and contracts for him + Ledley, who are both short term solutions as well.

May as well get loanees in for a team that lacks energy and youth. Been a good season but you have to say our recruitment still pisses me off 75% of the time.

7 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Can we also use loans more often too? If we’re on a budget, I don’t see how they’re not a good idea.

Rowett moaned about loan fees but has been happy to pay out 2 mil for Jerome and contracts for him + Ledley, who are both short term solutions as well.

May as well get loanees in for a team that lacks energy and youth. Been a good season but you have to say our recruitment still pisses me off 75% of the time.

I suppose it could also be that loanees of quality aren't as keen to come here, Rowett isn't necessarily known for his coaching skills.

Archived