Winnall wants to stay at Derby

Day

Sam Winnall  

276 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He’s been a huge miss for us! Just has the knack of getting in there where it hurts, gambling when others don’t and getting a goal! With him, I think we would’ve won some of the games we’ve drawn. He proved that before Christmas.

Hes a championship level player so I’d only sign him if we stay down and if he’s fit for the start of next season. He definitely has the right attitude and would be happy to see him in a rams shirt again. However I’d be happier if we didn’t as it would hopefully mean we’ve moved on to bigger and better things in the premier league.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I suppose it could also be that loanees of quality aren't as keen to come here, Rowett isn't necessarily known for his coaching skills.

By whom? And how would you know? I assume you can provide citations to back up your latest round of bitching...

24 minutes ago, 86 points said:

By whom? And how would you know? I assume you can provide citations to back up your latest round of bitching...

I said I suppose - prove me wrong then, Lookman preferred Leipzig. Lawrence didn't exactly run to get here...

Do your worst you then old witch 86!

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I said I suppose - prove me wrong then, Lookman preferred Leipzig. Lawrence didn't exactly run to get here...

Do your worst you then old witch 86!

More 'supposition' from the resident whiny *****. What a surprise. Crack on anyway sonny. You'd be lost without this forum.

Useful squad player, seems to have a bit of a poachers instinct and puts himself about. I think regardless of where we are in the summer, we should really be looking at improving on what we've got in our squad upfront though. Wether he's involved in that I dont know.  There's still the on going saga of Martin, we've got a few old heads up there with Cameron and Nugent and apart from Vydra, non of them are scoring for us really, despite their contributions in other ways towards our good run, then our wobble and now our lull. Its unfortunate for Winnall that  because of his injury, he wont have chance to  prove he's not just had a purple patch, out on loan, pressure off, point to prove, desperate to get away from wednesday,  and that we wont just end up with another average championship level striker, knocking around on the fringes for another couple of years. 

14 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Basically a poor man's bent,which is a compliment.

Not sure as a full time striker though but rather him than jerome.

Would have liked to see him and Martin operating as an alternate duo to Nugent and vydra but it wasn't to be.

Bent is probably our worst signing of the last decade

30 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Basically a poor man's bent,which is a compliment.

Not sure as a full time striker though but rather him than jerome.

Would have liked to see him and Martin operating as an alternate duo to Nugent and vydra but it wasn't to be.

I thought that was exactly how they were used, least as long as they were both here. Pretty sure they were the default pairing after the first choice of Vydra and Nugent.

I like Winnall. He brings a bit of dog to our attack and is the kind of player to bully oppo CBs rather than vice versa. Real shame about the injury but it sticks in my mind how he carried on even after it had happened and that kind of spirit is exactly what we seem to be missing right now. Hopefully he comes back good as new but after a 2nd ACL there has to be some doubt as to his long term longevity, especially in this division.

9 hours ago, 86 points said:

More 'supposition' from the resident whiny *****. What a surprise. Crack on anyway sonny. You'd be lost without this forum.

You found your way here again then?!

Lookman went to Leipzig not us. Why? Apparently the Leipzig coach tells him to express himself - that sounds just like Rowett? Lol. Come on then will youngsters be queuing up to come and be coached by Rowett - you said my opinion that they wouldn't was whiny...prove it's false! 

7 hours ago, 86 points said:

I thought that was exactly how they were used, least as long as they were both here. Pretty sure they were the default pairing after the first choice of Vydra and Nugent.

Were they?

I can't recall them starting much together or even being on the pitch at the same time very often??

I remember that we expected it to be the case but it rarely took place

39 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You found your way here again then?!

Lookman went to Leipzig not us. Why? Apparently the Leipzig coach tells him to express himself - that sounds just like Rowett? Lol. Come on then will youngsters be queuing up to come and be coached by Rowett - you said my opinion that they wouldn't was whiny...prove it's false! 

Prove it, prove it - why? What have you proved apart from the fact that you have a really deep-rooted and unhealthy obsession with our current gaffer.

Sorry old bean but your arguments get weaker by the day. Addressing your rather lame Lookman example, the lad had a choice; play for a side that challenged for the Bundesliga title last year or drop a division in the UK. Says plenty that he even considered us but of course you choose the negative slant. That in itself is a surprise....

...said no one on this forum, ever :thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Were they?

I can't recall them starting much together or even being on the pitch at the same time very often??

I remember that we expected it to be the case but it rarely took place

I don't think they started many matches fella but they certainly ended a good few unless I'm losing my marbles. Whether 15 minute slots offered a fair chance I'm not sure and to be honest, I'd have preferred to see Martin start games with Vyds which I'm not sure ever happened. Heyho - unfortunately neither scenario is likely to occur anytime soon, if ever :(

12 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I don't think they started many matches fella but they certainly ended a good few unless I'm losing my marbles. Whether 15 minute slots offered a fair chance I'm not sure and to be honest, I'd have preferred to see Martin start games with Vyds which I'm not sure ever happened. Heyho - unfortunately neither scenario is likely to occur anytime soon, if ever :(

League Only

Martin and Vydra Started 2 Won 2  Subs Won 11 Drawn 4 Lost 3

Martin and Winnall Started 1 Won 1 Subs  Won 5 Drawn 3 Lost 2.

Maybe we need Martin back Lol

22 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Sorry old bean but your arguments get weaker by the day. Addressing your rather lame Lookman example, the lad had a choice; play for a side that challenged for the Bundesliga title last year or drop a division in the UK. Says plenty that he even considered us but of course you choose the negative slant. That in itself is a surprise....

...said no one on this forum, ever :thumbsup:

It seems a valid issue to consider - Rowett had obviously pinned his hopes on getting Lookman in. There have been other youngsters we've been linked with on loan deals. How many have chosen us?

10 minutes ago, ONEPIEGON said:

League Only

Martin and Vydra Started 2 Won 2  Subs Won 11 Drawn 4 Lost 3

Martin and Winnall Started 1 Won 1 Subs  Won 5 Drawn 3 Lost 2.

Maybe we need Martin back Lol

Cheers fella - I don't' disagree with you I just think it's unlikely but thanks for pulling up the numbers. Quite telling...

Archived