Winnall wants to stay at Derby

Day

Sam Winnall  

276 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/25/2018 at 22:35, philmycock said:

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/270498-sam-winnall/?page=4

The Wendies want £6m plus or he goes nowhere. :lol:

Yeah, and we want the same for Buttercup.

In which case it's unlikely to happen. More likely we will start next season with Butters back in the squad and Winnall will be back at Sheff Wed, or sold to highest bidder at 2 million max. 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Bit weird him doing a signing session if he's leaving isn't it? I know it's quite an innocuous thing, but I think it certainly implies his thinking as, why would you want to do one at a club you're leaving?

Cus We is an ace club init bruv.

I agree. I find it odd that a lot of people think Forsyth and Thorne look to have been affected by their knee and leg injuries (Thorne's had 2 knee injuries before the leg break, Forsyth has had 2 knee injuries).

Yet people seem to want us to buy Winnall who has suffered a second knee injury, prior to him proving his fitness

4 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

The manager had him as just a bit part player until injury intervened.

This type of injury has permanent consequences.

Parting with a few million would be for sentimental reasons. We can do better.

It was a different manager though before he left - New manager now who may want to use him after how ineffective their strike force has been. Especially after seeing his goal to game ratio.

1 hour ago, Mr Giggles said:

It was a different manager though before he left - New manager now who may want to use him after how ineffective their strike force has been. Especially after seeing his goal to game ratio.

Was going to say the same, there were rumblings of them wanting to recall him in January.

Depends what club captain has to say maybe, if he calls him out as a troublemaker the manager may be more willing to sell. I think the likelihood of them wanting him in summer is lower than January where he would have been a cheap option for them. Now they have 3 months to find a replacement after moving other players out to raise funds and without paying extortionate fees.

I think a couple of million is reasonable for both parties, and Wednesday would likely prefer to move him out and spend that elsewhere. There is also a very long list of players they can have in exchange...

Archived