Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

He suggested it's been done because of the injuries which questions the integrity of Rowett and Derby,  assume the league will be contacting him for an explanation and subsequently charging him.

Warnock hasn't got a leg to stand on accusing others of trying to get a game abandoned when circumstances don't suit.

He must be forgetting his part in this disgraceful match

www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/battle-bramall-lane-albion-sheffield-8855022.amp

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Try reading the social media mate - I'm just telling you what's been said on Sky and twitter.

Yep, twitter is full of idiots.

1 minute ago, YorkshireRam said:

If Warnock's angry now, imagine what he'll be like if we win the tie. That'd make me pretty happy :lol:

Can't be too angry with Warnock just playing the game and he's always held the club in quite high regard from interviews I've seen .  Also gave me the joyous moment of beating Forest in the playoffs from an almost impossible position when he was at Sheff Utd .

As for twisting the rules to gaining advantage however  - battle of Bramall lane 16 March 2002 anyone .. glass houses

Just now, BondJovi said:

Neither are you, but then that was obvious. People love a good conspiracy. Not sure at what point the word supporter left you. 

At no point. If you think what I'm posting is upsetting get ready for the media and Cardiff viewpoints. #toughenupsnowflake

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Sky are just stoking it up because they are worried that RAMS-TV is a serious threat to their world domination of everything football. :thumbsup:

Aye, don't think Sky like Mels attempts to get a better deal all round.

And I'n not one of these that thinks all commentators are anti-Derby just because they dare to criticise us, but I do think that Sky would love the chance to get a dig in at the club if possible, although I obviously could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

Yes, he is questioning the integrity of your club, aren't you? I also assume the league will be in contact with DCFC for an explanation as to how the club shop seems to be staffed, but no other staff or management can show up!

Not looking for a fight but it does look slippery at best (pun intended).

What people are not understanding is it is not the solely club's decision to call off the game.Before every game in the country there is a meeting between the club,the council safety officers and the police and I believe there is a league official linked into it also.The meeting looks at all the things you would expect state of the stadium,roads,pathways,weather forecast and nearby parking.

If you look at the stadium it is in great condition and so are the surrounds it looks like they put has much effort has they did too get the Fulham game on.The early kick off may not have helped with this one but the decision is not taken in isolation by any one party......the only person with that authority is the referee due to the state of the pitch or stadium issues ie floodlight failure or pitch invasions.

4 minutes ago, Simsy said:

So a lot of the reason Cardiff fans are not happy is because they wanted to take advantage of our injury situation? 

Surely a team 2nd in the league don't fear a falling derby with a fit squad:ph34r:

Incorrect, they're unhappy because they've travelled for no reason. I'm pretty sure you'd feel the same after a wasted 300+ mile round trip.

Invite all the Cardiff team and staff into the Yard for a free Sunday roast.

Gary can explain to them that the pitch, car park and roads are fine, but the reality is that there are too many essential people who just couldn't make it...................namely the midfield. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Beagle said:

What people are not understanding is it is not the solely club's decision to call off the game.Before every game in the country there is a meeting between the club,the council safety officers and the police and I believe there is a league official linked into it also.The meeting looks at all the things you would expect state of the stadium,roads,pathways,weather forecast and nearby parking.

If you look at the stadium it is in great condition and so are the surrounds it looks like they put has much effort has they did too get the Fulham game on.The early kick off may not have helped with this one but the decision is not taken in isolation by any one party......the only person with that authority is the referee due to the state of the pitch or stadium issues ie floodlight failure or pitch invasions.

Stop talking sense, you know the decision was made by Mel and gary as they shared a bottle of champagne in men's hot tub, laughing about how angry Colin would be.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

At no point. If you think what I'm posting is upsetting get ready for the media and Cardiff viewpoints. #toughenupsnowflake

Upsetting. No. Disappointing? Yes. As for the snowflake, you have done your honour proud. Well done. 

1 minute ago, Bluebird1 said:

Incorrect, they're unhappy because they've travelled for no reason. I'm pretty sure you'd feel the same after a wasted 300+ mile round trip.

Why not pop into The Yard for Sunday lunch and make a bit of a day of it?

Wait, what?!

30 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Now it might look embarrassing, but they had to make the decision a while ago.  Things change rapidly (although they might have anticipated that too to be fair).  This could be a classic ‘in hindsight’ situation, where we can all look back and say it could’ve and should’ve gone ahead.  However, I’m sure the decision was made in good faith at the time...!?

I ask again though, from those in the know, was it the club or ref who called it off?

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Call it off early and you run the risk that things may improve, call it off late and many slag you off for leaving it so late.

I'm not in the know but surely the ref would only call it off if the pitch or actual conditions during the match made it unplayable or dangerous. 

On this occasion, surely the club made the decision (not lightly as I assume we don't get the TV revenue) under advice from the police.

Archived