Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Whitefield said:

Well the blame then lies at sky's door for me. Stupid KO time on a sunday asking Cardiff to travel to Derby. A 2:30pm onwards KO time and you have a chance it goes ahead. Like to say Sky will learn from it but they won't.

Yeah Sky should have anticipated unprecidented amounts of snow in mid March really. 

7 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

Don't shoot the messenger but Vince Alm, head of CCFC supporters group, is not too happy about the circumstances of the postponement.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=194150&sid=0867bca52ce3c1ddeea692fe241aa3be

My view is that it's a bit piss poor to call the game off when 2,800 Cardiff fans are 50 miles away. We knew the snow was coming......where did it suddenly go wrong?

Why don’t you blame sky??? 3pm kick off Saturday the game is 

1 minute ago, deanoakaram4life said:

It's embarrassing looking at the pictures. Should have gone ahead

Now it might look embarrassing, but they had to make the decision a while ago.  Things change rapidly (although they might have anticipated that too to be fair).  This could be a classic ‘in hindsight’ situation, where we can all look back and say it could’ve and should’ve gone ahead.  However, I’m sure the decision was made in good faith at the time...!?

I ask again though, from those in the know, was it the club or ref who called it off?

If Cardiff had travelled by their usual mode of transport (a tandem and skateboard) then they wouldnt have so many fans needing to turn around. Where's this 1000+ extra tandems turned up from?

Im joking, bluebirds. We'd be the same if we were second. Hopefully your club will lay on free / cheap travel for the rearranged game. Your match tickets will still be valid.

If you're promoted by then, you might go easy on us and settle for just the draw!

7 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Poor decision by the club, reflects badly on us.

Just watched the SSN interview with Colin. Understandably he's not amused by the decision. Said there's very little snow about when their coach came to the ground from their overnight stay in the surrounding countryside (Breadsall?). Says all the Derby fans on social media can't believe its called off, and mentioned Rowett saying about our injury crisis in the mid-week presser. #poorshow

Sooo, the conspiracy theories begin and we are taking our ITK info from Colin and Cardiff fans.  Hmm.  

Here’s a thought.  Why don’t we take the decision at face value, recognise that it was probably very finely balanced and that some poor sod had to make a judgement call based on what was in front of them at the time.  I can’t believe that the game could be called off without good reason... again, hindsight might turn out to be a great thing. 

Edit: Just to add, this must be a dream for those ‘fans’ who seem to take inordinate pleasure in anything which might paint the club in a poor light.  So happy to jump on the negative bandwagon and slate the club.  Unreal really.

It might be ok around the ground, but it isn’t great across the county where a lot of fans are coming from. It’s alright for Warnock to say the Fulham game was on but I would say that shouldn’t have been played. Also it’s not just people getting to the ground, it’s getting home too which wouldn’t be great with snow not stopping and ice too.

11 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

Don't shoot the messenger but Vince Alm, head of CCFC supporters group, is not too happy about the circumstances of the postponement.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=194150&sid=0867bca52ce3c1ddeea692fe241aa3be

My view is that it's a bit piss poor to call the game off when 2,800 Cardiff fans are 50 miles away. We knew the snow was coming......where did it suddenly go wrong?

Derbyshire has some of the highest points above sea level in the UK.   Derby sits in a bowl surrounded by Derbyshire .  If snow falls it is worse and freezes quicker than Derby city .  Even if there are 2 or 3 inches of unexpected snow in Derbyshire it freezes and can be dangerous to travel .   previous games where persistent snow WAS expected -Forest at home,  Norwich at home where we had a much worse injury list under Nigel Clough and Fulham this season have been managed well.  Blame the metrological people for this one not Derby County . ..  Thanks for the picture Greg Halford , they do say its better to face your fears and the last time he played here he enjoyed a nice 5-0 thumping with his red dog pals and had a face like a slapped arse  so can understand his desperation to try and exercise those demons .

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

Sooo, the conspiracy theories begin and we are taking our ITK info from Colin and Cardiff fans.  Hmm.  

Here’s a thought.  Why don’t we take the decision at face value, recognise that it was probably very finely balanced and that some poor sod had to make a judgement call based on what was in front of them at the time.  I can’t believe that the game could be called off without good reason... again, hindsight might turn out to be a great thing. 

Stop talking sense its not allowed on this site

Warnock reckons there is no sign of our management at the ground, poor show if that is indeed the case. He’s not happy and I find it difficult to disagree with some of the points he made. 

I hope we don’t get into bother with the league over this. The club shop haven’t helped by posting “We are open and hope to see you”. 

Shot ourselves in the foot with that I think.

5 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

As far as I understand it the Police were happy for it to go ahead. The Derby hierarchy called it off for reasons that are only known to them.

We had valid reasons.

1. it was a bit cold

2. All the cars needed de-icing

3. Vydra was a doubt

Seems pretty fair.

Sith Happens
9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just watched the SSN interview with Colin. Understandably he's not amused by the decision. Said there's very little snow about when their coach came to the ground from their overnight stay in the surrounding countryside (Breadsall?). Says all the Derby fans on social media can't believe its called off, and mentioned Rowett saying about our injury crisis in the mid-week presser. #poorshow

He suggested it's been done because of the injuries which questions the integrity of Rowett and Derby,  assume the league will be contacting him for an explanation and subsequently charging him.

Archived