Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow on my car roof and outside temperature now - over four hours after the match was called off. I live less than ten miles from the ground and our drive is like a skating ring.

I'm pleased we're not having to battle with the conditions to go to the game.

2018-03-18 12.43.13.jpg

2018-03-18 12.44.16.jpg

25 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

The surrounding area, roads and footpaths were in a far worse state for the Fulham game. The forecast was for it to get better, not worse. 

Anyway what has Colin Gibson got to do with all of this?

I travelled 230 miles return from the Yorkshire Dales and the M1 and A38 were in perfect nick. Quicker journey then than for any other home game this season. 

16 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Not what I'm seeing on your forum. Moaning about because we have injuries we deliberately called it off. 

The round trip disappointment I get but it seems a lot of the moaning is because you can't take advantage of our situation

The fans on the forum, by and large, are not the fans on the buses. The only reason there is a suspicion is because of the late call off of the game, fuelled by "lack of staff" fuelled by "Club shop open for business". I suspect that's why Cardiff fans at home are getting aggitated.

As for the fans on the buses, don't tell me you wouldn't be pissed off if you had made a fruitless trip.

Just now, Bluebird1 said:

The fans on the forum, by and large, are not the fans on the buses. The only reason there is a suspicion is because of the late call off of the game, fuelled by "lack of staff" fuelled by "Club shop open for business". I suspect that's why Cardiff fans at home are getting aggitated.

As for the fans on the buses, don't tell me you wouldn't be pissed off if you had made a fruitless trip.

Fair play I hope any of you guys who have travelled get back home safely.[ps I like Colin]

Just now, Paul71 said:

I don't, it was shown on Sky sports news. 

I think your getting over concerned about something that isn’t really worth worrying about.  I’m pretty sure that we have valid reason for the match to be called off, however as people are pointing out if we didn’t have our current injury list and we were in the Cardiff are I’d also guess at that the match would have been called off.

These aren’t accusations, they are just opinions, I’m also pretty sure that the club has done everything by the book and also Warnock if the roles were reversed would have done the same and our fans would also be calling blue murder.

im not doubting your council comment however I’ve seen his sky interview and he didn’t mention it on the one I’ve seen so maybe he know something more about the reasons behind why it was cancelled now?

Apologies and fines though? It will be forgot about by the end of the day :-)

2 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

Don't think they should moan too much - after all, getting out of Cardiff for part of the day must be a plus?

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I think your getting over concerned about something that isn’t really worth worrying about.  I’m pretty sure that we have valid reason for the match to be called off, however as people are pointing out if we didn’t have our current injury list and we were in the Cardiff are I’d also guess at that the match would have been called off.

These aren’t accusations, they are just opinions, I’m also pretty sure that the club has done everything by the book and also Warnock if the roles were reversed would have done the same and our fans would also be calling blue murder.

im not doubting your council comment however I’ve seen his sky interview and he didn’t mention it on the one I’ve seen so maybe he know something more about the reasons behind why it was cancelled now?

Apologies and fines though? It will be forgot about by the end of the day :-)

If he accused a ref of cheating he would be charged, same principle. 

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, David said:

Many are looking out their own windows and it all looks great, others meanwhile are in areas that were hit harder. Below and @angieram a few posts up show a more tricky journey to the game. 

Don't we all live within 10 yards of the stadium though?

Gutted its not on, i was looking forward to it & bored yesterday waiting for todays game 

It does conveniently suit us until with the injuries but it wont have been called off without good reason. Warnock should be fined & made to apologise   

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

If he accused a ref of cheating he would be charged, same principle. 

Not really, there he would be accusing an official of influencing a result.  All he has done is voiced his opinion that we haven’t done everything we could have done to let the game take place, even saying he can’t blame us.  

Just now, AdamRam said:

Not really, there he would be accusing an official of influencing a result.  All he has done is voiced his opinion that we haven’t done everything we could have done to let the game take place, even saying he can’t blame us.  

Not 100% convinced he just voicing an opinion. Reading between the lines he’s trying to say the postponement isn’t their fault so shouldn’t be ‘punished’ by having three hard away games in a row (think the earliest we can replay will be sandwiched between when they’ll have villa and someone else I think?). That’s all he’s bothered about, the rest about the council/injuries and all that was fluff to try and make a case for it. 

Archived