Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Can't be too angry with Warnock just playing the game and he's always held the club in quite high regard from interviews I've seen .  Also gave me the joyous moment of beating Forest in the playoffs from an almost impossible position when he was at Sheff Utd .

As for twisting the rules to gaining advantage however  - battle of Bramall lane 16 March 2002 anyone .. glass houses

Warnock's livid aha, I find it more amusing than anything. Just know full well if we beat them, he'll moan to the end about how this has happened and how it's a massive injustice etc... which will also make me laugh :lol:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bluebird1 said:

Incorrect, they're unhappy because they've travelled for no reason. I'm pretty sure you'd feel the same after a wasted 300+ mile round trip.

I’m a derby fan (season ticket holder) and travel over 2 hours each way to make it to every home game. Had already travelled down to derby yesterday especially for the game so I’m pretty annoyed too.

Moving for work at beginning of April - will be around 4 hours from derby each way so won’t be able to make the re-arranged fixture mid week in April. Will be the only home game I’ll miss all season. 

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

So would you be commenting last night if they decided to call it off, and it was nowhere near as bad as it should of been?

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t for me the police. It is what it is to coin a popular phrase. It’s disappointing I know. 

No, because if the rules were clear everyone would know where they stand.

As it is, fans have absolutely no idea when the decision will be made. 

It really is as simple that the decision should be made before any fan in this country is travelling to the match.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Call it off early and you run the risk that things may improve, call it off late and many slag you off for leaving it so late.

I'm not in the know but surely the ref would only call it off if the pitch or actual conditions during the match made it unplayable or dangerous. 

On this occasion, surely the club made the decision (not lightly as I assume we don't get the TV revenue) under advice from the police.

or maybe our injuries problems made the decision very easy 

Was out last night working, when the snow came down in 2 spells.

Was on the bike and in a car, wasnt too bad.

Fuly expected game to be on.

First thought is, provided the pitch can be cleared, which these days it can easily, thern it should be on like the olden days.

Hate this modern day thouht of postponing a game, purely because no one seems to be able to get to a game anymore without having a car park outside the ground. The whole cultutre of having a Safety Advisory group at every club in this country frankly makes my blood boil. I have no idea what Warnock has said, the only good thign to come out of it, is we dont know what team wouild have been out there today, and we will probably have a fitter squad for the rematch. But that brings the integrity of our club into question right?

13 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

No Roy. He's not spot on with his accusations is he?

You're on a crusade v Gary but you can't blame this on him. You have no proof. You are using supposition not facts.

I'm putting out a rumour right now that Gary is fuming about this as he said he was going to get 3 points today. There: I said it on the internet, so it's true. We were going to win and now we haven't. 

Warnock is a recognised rent-a-quote who is rightly disappointed. Their fans are disappointed. Some of whom I see are stuck in snow on the local roads. Imagine that.

These things happen me owd.

There doesn't need to be a conspiracy in this.

Im off for a nice big walk in the snow to escape the forum lunacy. If by the time I get back, the FA and MI6 have turned up at Gal's asking why he's been downloading weather reports from Siberia and uploading them to the BBC weather page, then I apologise.

#letitsnow

By the time you get back there will have been a poisoning.

57 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Yeah Sky should have anticipated unprecidented amounts of snow in mid March really. 

Yeh cos in July, Cardiff to Derby is a 40 minute drive. Attention to detail.

17 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

Incorrect, they're unhappy because they've travelled for no reason. I'm pretty sure you'd feel the same after a wasted 300+ mile round trip.

yeah but I wouldn't be a bell about it and look to be making official complaints with the police etc like some of your lot are. responses like that just make me hope that it is all a farce to mug you off, just to justify some of the over-reactions :lol:

This is an absolute joke. I purchased a NowTV week pass at 2.15 last Sunday, knowing I'd get the Cardiff game in too before it expired.

I've now wasted about £5 on this pass.

This is all that's wrong with modern football, treating the half-fan with contempt.

Sith Happens

Having watched Colins head about to explode on Sky, you do have to think how funny it would be if we go on and beat them and they drop out the top two and subsequently fail to go up. Maybe to rub salt into the wounds we make it into the playoffs by a couple of points only, and then beat them in the play offs.

If carsberg did football results.... 

Archived