Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, coneheadjohn said:

This thread is far more entertaining than the match could ever have been and a damn sight cheaper.

But I'm defending my position quite well don't you think? Though it's possible some think an own goal has been scored!!! :lol:

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

He has come out and said we must have good contacts at the council to get the game called off. Then gone on to mention our injury list and suggested we dont want to play them in the form they are in.

How is that not accusing us?

If he’s done that I would fully hope the club contact the relevant football authorities and ask for an explanation of his answer.

To suggest we have good contacts at the council is straight forward inference we have at best “lent” on local officials.

Warnock should be fined and banned for the rest of the season (not in the slightest bit trying to wind Cardiff up) ;)

2 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

Well it wasn't a Police decision, that's a fact. So who made the decision? First reports out of Derby was that the staff couldn't get in. This has been changed since, I wonder why.

I'm not slating you or any of the Derby fans, as a fan it is out of our hands. I just find it incredulous in this day and age that 2,800 fans were on route / in Derby before a decision was made.

From a selfish point of view I couldn't make this game, but have every chance of making a mid-week rearrangement.

Of course you feel sorry for fans but its weather ffs  With respect you can't tell what its like here OK seeing a few photos from outside the ground where its been cleared but once outside of Derby its really bad not only your fans have to travel  It isn't a fact that the police were not involved it was a decision made by the referee the chief safety officer and the police deputy chief that is a fact  OK Warnock spouting off he travelled 3miles from his overnight hotel he made sure he didn't stay in Cardiff overnight and set off at stupid O'Clock like fans have to 

Any away fan will tell you that things like this happen.    Late cancellations affect home fans too.  Remember the Forest game being cancelled because snow was dumped at the end of the morning when a lot of families were out having a pre-match lunch. I often sat on a supporter's bus waiting to hear what a ref. had decided about a wet pitch many miles away before we set off.............or didn't. .........   or turned back .  Its all part of being a fan     .......      and its still possible to have a good time in a pub!!     It's football..........

Don’t they realise that we had turned on the concourse heating system for them as well

if the game was between 2pm and 5 pm it would have been played no question and let’s be right 12 o clock kick off on a Sunday is the worse time for anyone to attend and enjoy a football match 

again most Derby county supporters live outside of the city of Derby - it’s a Derbyshire thing hence the name Derby county ! 

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

He has come out and said we must have good contacts at the council to get the game called off. Then gone on to mention our injury list and suggested we dont want to play them in the form they are in.

How is that not accusing us?

I haven’t seen the council quote so can’t comment on that, maybe you have a link for that?

i have seen his other interview, and I can’t see the problem with that, we have an injury list, they are in good form, why would we want to play them right now if we were presented with a solution to make that happen ? There are no accusations in there just stating his opinion.

Sith Happens

It's very simple,  if we have done something untowards in getting the game called off we will be punished.  There is no way the league especially with sky involved will accept a call from some geezer at Derby calling the game off without supporting evidence. 

So if no charge is forthcoming I expect Colin and those naysayers on here to issue apologies. 

If one is and we are found guilty I will be very critical of the club. However I won't assume they have done wrong until someone proves otherwise. 

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

If he’s done that I would fully hope the club contact the relevant football authorities and ask for an explanation of his answer.

To suggest we have good contacts at the council is straight forward inference we have at best “lent” on local officials.

Warnock should be fined and banned for the rest of the season (not in the slightest bit trying to wind Cardiff up) ;)

Yeah came out with it on Sky.

This is  the sort of dirty underhanded handed trick you would expect Warnock to play if he could and probably has in the past. 

A case of the pot calling the kettle me thinks.

Lets wait until they hit a bad run or have injuries and then rearrange the game.

That would give him something to really complain about.

4 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

If anyone has good contacts with the council can I ask about my council tax bill ! - I do not want to pay even more for a police commissioner that does and achieves absolutely nothing!

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

I haven’t seen the council quote so can’t comment on that, maybe you have a link for that?

i have seen his other interview, and I can’t see the problem with that, we have an injury list, they are in good form, why would we want to play them right now if we were presented with a solution to make that happen ? There are no accusations in there just stating his opinion.

I don't, it was shown on Sky sports news. 

Just now, Sparkle said:

If anyone has good contacts with the council can I ask about my council tax bill ! - I do not want to pay even more for a police commissioner that does and achieves absolutely nothing!

And mine, they even collect the bin less now yet the bills gone up a tenner a month. Would like to hear Warnock's thoughts on that whilst we're at it. 

WARNOCK is fuming, he wanted it played regardless. Even Cardiff fans have been stuck in traffic due to the conditions. He saw it as a chance to beat us, now he wants an investigation (he might burst a blood vessel). Starting on Good Friday Cardiff have 5 games in 15 days. 30th Burton (H), 2nd April, Sheff Utd (A), 6th Wolves (H), 10th Villa (A), 14th Norwich (A), so the earliest we can play them will be Tuesday 17th. That will be 6 games in 18 days and no easy matches for them. Villa and Fulham will be over the moon.

Archived