Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

Sith Happens

Just seen another interview with Colin,  he's suggesting we would have good contacts with the council.

His rant is appalling.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Conditions were worse before Fulham game right?

Yeah, but again it probably wasn’t the best bit of advice to really try and push the game to be on as it wasn’t ideal. Loads of postponements that weekend, some in places where it was fine but they weren’t the accusations that we are now getting then?

The only thing we have kinda done wrong is not postpone it sooner, but they didn’t know what the snowfall in the night would bring. So it’s annoying all round, but I’m not sure how you do it right?

26 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

Incorrect, they're unhappy because they've travelled for no reason. I'm pretty sure you'd feel the same after a wasted 300+ mile round trip.

You and Colin both seem to be working under the misapprehension that the postponement is solely Derby County's decision. I don't think it works like that.

PistoldPete2

Wouldn't it be the refs decision on the advice of the police? It couldn't be Derby just postponing the game Cos we've got so many injuries. Colin is at it again.

Sith Happens

The only club coming out of this showing a lack of integrity and decency is Cardiff for their appealing accusations.  

PistoldPete2
2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Yeah, but again it probably wasn’t the best bit of advice to really try and push the game to be on as it wasn’t ideal. Loads of postponements that weekend, some in places where it was fine but they weren’t the accusations that we are now getting then?

The only thing we have kinda done wrong is not postpone it sooner, but they didn’t know what the snowfall in the night would bring. So it’s annoying all round, but I’m not sure how you do it right?

The timing was all wrong for this game. The noon kick off and the fact that snow was still falling at 9am. So although there was more snow around before the fulham game there was less time to clear the access roads for this game. Being on a Sunday doesn't help either.blame sky. 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

According to Radio 5 just, they said the Police said 'it wasn't a Police decision it was a Club decision'!

That would be the same police force that issued a do not travel unless really necessary instruction this morning then.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Just seen another interview with Colin,  he's suggesting we would have good contacts with the council.

His rant is appalling.

It is, as is sky sports’ pedalling of it. Funny they haven’t said anything abit Cardiff fans now stranded on roads etc?

Key Warnock quote :

“we will now have three difficult away games in a row” 

Thats all he really cares about, it’s much more important for them to get the game on. It’s their predicament over anything about safety.

The accusations are uncalled for, and I like the bloke overall!

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How is it anything to do with me the decision the Club makes?

Clubs cant simply call a match off. Only the ref or the police can as I understand it. I find it almost impossible that we would put ourselves in a position where we could essentially forfiet the match or leave ourselves open to absolutely massive penalties from the football league.

If it's a frozen pitch then the next line will be that we turned the heating off on purpose.

Archived