Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

Sith Happens
10 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

As far as I understand it the Police were happy for it to go ahead. The Derby hierarchy called it off for reasons that are only known to them.

You mean you heard it from a bloke who heard it from another bloke and you have no evidence to substantiate the claim?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

It has to be remembered that Warnock has the diplomacy of Billy Davies.

The day I start looking to Colin for an opinion or explanation about anything is the day I give up.

He'll be accusing Mel and Gal of trying to bribe the weather next.

He looks pretty spot on with his accusations. Plus no-one from the club contacted him, also seems poor.

Especially love that it's alright to go to the club shop and the Yard! :lol:

Who at the club thought it was a good idea to promote the club shop and The Yard being open today? It is making us look rather dubious regardless of what factors were taken into consideration for teh postponement, and as we all know the court of social media is a harsh judge.

Our advice is to avoid travel unless absolutely necessary in high ground areas.

We've got snow ploughs and farmer contractors out across the county working to clear snow from routes, and we will continue to grit.

We'll bring updates via our social media accounts when available, and we'll update this page again at 1pm.

2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Warnock reckons there is no sign of our management at the ground, poor show if that is indeed the case. He’s not happy and I find it difficult to disagree with some of the points he made. 

I hope we don’t get into bother with the league over this. The club shop haven’t helped by posting “We are open and hope to see you”. 

Shot ourselves in the foot with that I think.

Yeah there is a bit of stupidity with that, but the Warnock/Sky Sports News/Halford Show isn’t helping either. It’s not just the car parks at pride park, its getting people to and from the ground and in general the access through the county as a whole. The Fulham game was bad enough for some. I think, for now, they can be let off for this one

2 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Who at the club thought it was a good idea to promote the club shop and The Yard being open today? It is making us look rather dubious regardless of what factors were taken into consideration for teh postponement, and as we all know the court of social media is a harsh judge.

It's like being caught shopping when you have called in sick at work.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

He suggested it's been done because of the injuries which questions the integrity of Rowett and Derby,  assume the league will be contacting him for an explanation and subsequently charging him.

Be difficult for us to prove otherwise won't it? :lol:

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

He suggested it's been done because of the injuries which questions the integrity of Rowett and Derby,  assume the league will be contacting him for an explanation and subsequently charging him.

Yes, he is questioning the integrity of your club, aren't you? I also assume the league will be in contact with DCFC for an explanation as to how the club shop seems to be staffed, but no other staff or management can show up!

Not looking for a fight but it does look slippery at best (pun intended).

Sith Happens
Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Be difficult for us to prove otherwise won't it? :lol:

I see from your comments that you already put the blame firmly at derby's door. 

That's fine, if you and your mate Colin are right we should be charged to failing to put the game on and deduct us points, if that doesn't happen he is 100 percent in the wrong and should face charges. 

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just watched the SSN interview with Colin. Understandably he's not amused by the decision. Said there's very little snow about when their coach came to the ground from their overnight stay in the surrounding countryside (Breadsall?). Says all the Derby fans on social media can't believe its called off, and mentioned Rowett saying about our injury crisis in the mid-week presser. #poorshow

Wonder when you would find something to blame Rowett for ?

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

Yeah there is a bit of stupidity with that, but the Warnock/Sky Sports News/Halford Show isn’t helping either. It’s not just the car parks at pride park, its getting people to and from the ground and in general the access through the county as a whole. The Fulham game was bad enough for some. I think, for now, they can be let off for this one

Oh I hope they are, I just worry that with Sky and Warnock’s PR exercise this morning, the league may feel compelled to stick their oar in. Let’s hope we’ve got answers ready for any potentially awkward questions. 

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just watched the SSN interview with Colin. Understandably he's not amused by the decision. Said there's very little snow about when their coach came to the ground from their overnight stay in the surrounding countryside (Breadsall?). Says all the Derby fans on social media can't believe its called off, and mentioned Rowett saying about our injury crisis in the mid-week presser. #poorshow

Anything that upsets Colin is absolutely fine...... great entertainment value, its his true purpose in life.

Archived