Derby County v Cardiff City F.C.

Boycie

7 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’d just like to go on record as pointing out I have infinite time for the club, time for the owner, admittedly, slightly less than I had once upon a time, little time for our current manager and bags of time for the players, even when they are not quite on it.

I suppose that makes me less of a fan than the proper, tow the party line blindly and take their rhetoric as gospel brigade, but I can live with that.

There seems to be less and less middle ground on here these days. You are either classed as on message, lock stock and barrel or the epitome of the devil himself. I personally like to moan at the bits I dislike, whilst praising the good bits. We are a 2 nd tier team, with 2 nd tier players, when averaged out and a 2 nd tier manager. It stands to reason we have a mixture of good and bad, or we wouldn’t be where we are. There are 2 ways to improve our situation, firstly to support the club and secondly to identify the weaknesses. So surely both sets of fans are of equal importance, with the same goal in mind 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’d just like to go on record as pointing out I have infinite time for the club, time for the owner, admittedly, slightly less than I had once upon a time, little time for our current manager and bags of time for the players, even when they are not quite on it.

I suppose that makes me less of a fan than the proper, tow the party line blindly and take their rhetoric as gospel brigade, but I can live with that.

Why would that make you less of a fan ? Seems a pretty balanced mixed bag of opinions on derby county as a whole 

For once not a rallying cry. The cushion has gone. The season now consists of nine 9 (though we ultimately hope 12) games, a sprint to the finish line rather than the marathon we started out on.

We mustn't lose sight of what a good position we are in. We have our noses in front and over these nine games we only have to keep them there. It's about winning football matches. Win five and we are in the playoffs with a chance or promotion. Win four and it's all up in the air and depends on others. Any fewer and we will see our opponents coming past us, like Sebastian Coe accelerating away off the final bend with us despairing in their wake.

Pressure has built up over this winless period and seems to be crushing the team. A win will be like releasing a valve and bringing optimism for the season. There have been plenty of times since the turn of the year when the breaks have gone against us. We just need one to go for us and I think we'll be OK.

Injuries continue to decimate the squad, compounded by the absurd suspension of Huddlestone in a key area. Going into the international break, a win would be be transformational, but there is a big picture thing not to jeopardize the playoffs by risking key players in this one game.

Despite the loss of form and the injuries, this team continues to be resilient and hard to beat. I would rely on that rather than force players back who aren't ready. We want a fit and firing Vydra for the final few games, not risking anything now immediately before the break. Let's get through this, sneak a win and regroup ready for Sunderland a fortnight hence.

Come on you Rams!

3 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Being has Lawrence has withdrawn from the Wales squad I presume he will not be playing tomorrow so are we about to see a debut for Luke Thomas or has Gary got a formation change in mind.

I'm  still available for selection but I will need to know soon to organise Ryanair

Hi There,

Tomorrow is clearly huge for both clubs but I have a good feeling (from a Cardiff standpoint) as things just seem to be falling for us at present (very unCardiff like)!

This is not based on any disrespect for your club or team, as despite my confidence, I am fully aware of how tough a game it will be, but the combination of so many results going our way, your current injury crisis and our recent form makes me think we'll get the 3 points tomorrow.

It's a free shot in many ways, as we will remain 7 points clear in 2nd whatever happens and I would of been delighted with that 7 days ago, but the opportunity for us to go 10 points clear is huge and would have me believing CCFC are truly on for the automatic places, having felt that one of yourselves, Villa (or more recently) Fulham were going to catch us given the depths and quality of your squads!

Obviously I'm desperate for a Cardiff win tomorrow, but after that, I wish you well for the rest of the season as I would far rather to see Derby or Sheffield Utd come up through the playoffs ahead of the other candidates!

Carl Sagan........that is a brilliant rallying call and I salute you.

We are at the stage of the season when true performances and skill go out of the window. The only thing that matters is results.

Result tomorrow....I don't know, literally a 3/1 shot. I don't think we'll lose but equally I'm not confident of a win.

Best news today for both of us was Fulham's capitulation and Villa's loss. We all live in hope.

We have used up our get out of jail cards. We’ve had a bloated squad and struggled. We now have a threadbare squad and are still struggling. It’s time to roll up the sleeves, pump the chest out and show our true colours. No more “let’s get a point “ nonsense.

We need no more lacklustre draws. Gary show us you’re more than a shirt and jumper combo!!! Pick a team who can win, not one that may not lose. Lets not die wondering 

27 minutes ago, Bluebird in Peace said:

Hi There,

Tomorrow is clearly huge for both clubs but I have a good feeling (from a Cardiff standpoint) as things just seem to be falling for us at present (very unCardiff like)!

This is not based on any disrespect for your club or team, as despite my confidence, I am fully aware of how tough a game it will be, but the combination of so many results going our way, your current injury crisis and our recent form makes me think we'll get the 3 points tomorrow.

It's a free shot in many ways, as we will remain 7 points clear in 2nd whatever happens and I would of been delighted with that 7 days ago, but the opportunity for us to go 10 points clear is huge and would have me believing CCFC are truly on for the automatic places, having felt that one of yourselves, Villa (or more recently) Fulham were going to catch us given the depths and quality of your squads!

Obviously I'm desperate for a Cardiff win tomorrow, but after that, I wish you well for the rest of the season as I would far rather to see Derby or Sheffield Utd come up through the playoffs ahead of the other candidates!

I always enjoy opposition fans dropping by. Well written pieces such as these, do I think, bond football fans. You hear supporters saying they ‘hate’ a certain club yet if they think hard about what that word means I’m sure most would rescind the comment........... Possibly?

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

For once not a rallying cry. The cushion has gone. The season now consists of nine 9 (though we ultimately hope 12) games, a sprint to the finish line rather than the marathon we started out on.

We mustn't lose sight of what a good position we are in. We have our noses in front and over these nine games we only have to keep them there. It's about winning football matches. Win five and we are in the playoffs with a chance or promotion. Win four and it's all up in the air and depends on others. Any fewer and we will see our opponents coming past us, like Sebastian Coe accelerating away off the final bend with us despairing in their wake.

Pressure has built up over this winless period and seems to be crushing the team. A win will be like releasing a valve and bringing optimism for the season. There have been plenty of times since the turn of the year when the breaks have gone against us. We just need one to go for us and I think we'll be OK.

Injuries continue to decimate the squad, compounded by the absurd suspension of Huddlestone in a key area. Going into the international break, a win would be be transformational, but there is a big picture thing not to jeopardize the playoffs by risking key players in this one game.

Despite the loss of form and the injuries, this team continues to be resilient and hard to beat. I would rely on that rather than force players back who aren't ready. We want a fit and firing Vydra for the final few games, not risking anything now immediately before the break. Let's get through this, sneak a win and regroup ready for Sunderland a fortnight hence.

Come on you Rams!

Really well said Carl

The Lads' performance at Forest has totally rekindled my belief in them

Absolutely no reason why we cant make the play offs - it seems to suit us when our backs are against the wall

When we have keogh and Davies playing so well, anything is possible. No-one will beat Wisdom in a one on one. Carson would be nailed on for the World Cup if he was playing in the Premier.  Tom H is a wonderful footballer, 

Lets do the best we can and do ourselves justice

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Beagle said:

Just looked out of the window up here in Spondon just the odd snowflake not much lying around unless it snows heavy and sustained, not like the flurries we are having there is no chance this will be off.

Was pretty bad in the centre of Derby and there's two further falls of snow predicted before 9am,, it's bloomin cold too. I think the early kick off could put the mockers on this game they won't have time to clear the approach roads. 

3 hours ago, Bluebird in Peace said:

Hi There,

If you win, i would say your automatic place will be secure. Lose and with away games at Sheff Utd and Villa plus Wolves at home to come. Well it could make or break your season.

20 minutes ago, Russell Ram said:

Bad here in Nottingham. Snow predicted until early hours in Derby and Nottm. Cannot imagine what it is like in Wales too. Considering supporters from the outer reaches and away fans, this might be off. 

I think it comes down to the state(hardness under foot) more than anything else.

I've booked a rest day in lieu so it has better be on!

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

it would been called off by now as there coaches probley leave at 7am in the morning.

The squad will be in a nearby hotel I'm sure but I'd imagine a decision will be made early (between 9 and 10 maybe tomorrow) so that the travelling City fans can turn around in plenty of time. 

Archived