Derby County v Cardiff City F.C.

Boycie

11 minutes ago, valleyram said:

It’s the championship so the fact Cardiff are going for 7 straight wins and derby have hardly won a game recently would make a home win more than likely but when I look at the midfield derby will play I just can’t see it happening 

Midfield will be totally different anyway with huddz suspended and GT and ledley injured.

As has been pointed out above, were neither a bad side nor one that's easy to beat. Oh, and Cardiff will be without Bryson, so, basically have nothing :p

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It  is the championship valleyram and that’s why I can’t make up my mind how the game will go. If I was a betting man I would have put money on Villa sorting out QPR the other night. 

Should the game go ahead, weather permitting, if we start off positively, I fancy us, if we have one of our sluggish starts and Cardiff go one up, I don’t have the optimism we can overturn a deficit at the moment.

Happy to be wrong mind, I think a win would be a massive boost given our recent results. Roll on Sunday.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, valleyram said:

I’d have loved to see derby go up along with Cardiff but that’s no going to happen , I actually think it will be a draw 

Why. Don't you think Cardiff will go Up?

15 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Yea they will go up automatically now with wolves and hopefully derby in the play offs but fwiw I think it will be Fulham 

Glad you're valleyram and not cliffram......

This thread started with a lot of optimism which has subsequently faded. My personal opinion is that it's too close to call.

On paper, even with your injuries (and might I say we've had at least 4 first team shoe ins (various) sidelined for the last 3-4 months) you have a superior team.

What we have is a self belief, never say die attitude and team spirit garnished by Warnock that is hard to beat.

I admit to having a soft spot for you guys since I met a few of yours in France for the Euros, and they came down for the night at our place.

I believe we'll nick it but as I say, anything can happen. Our wins must stop somewhere. Enjoy the game.

P.S. Hoofball is a cheap shot and obviously stated by someone who's never seen us play. Pace & power on the counter is more apt. We don't pussyfoot around with passes in our own half to gain possession stats. We play in the opposition's third where it hurts the most.

Cardiff v Derby.JPG

7 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

Only time will tell. It should be a great atmosphere with circa 2.800 Cardiff fans there and hopefully a near full house with the £10 offer.

Good luck but I hope you lose! :D

Yeah, £10 offer - we have to do these things, shame we're not one of only two clubs around about the place...eh...

Sith Happens
12 hours ago, valleyram said:

I’d have loved to see derby go up along with Cardiff but that’s no going to happen , I actually think it will be a draw 

Like i said before, chin up...i think cardiff should go up too.

50 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Well done to QPR for drawing with Fulham. They could have done us an even bigger favour by beating them, but every little helps.

Our draw at Loftus Road looks a bit better given their draw today and win away at villa ?

22 hours ago, archied said:

For a derby county forum we don’t half have a fair few who don’t have much time for the club ,owner ,manager and players 

Absolutely spot on. Its astonishing

Imagine what they are like with things they have no affinity for !!

I’d just like to go on record as pointing out I have infinite time for the club, time for the owner, admittedly, slightly less than I had once upon a time, little time for our current manager and bags of time for the players, even when they are not quite on it.

I suppose that makes me less of a fan than the proper, tow the party line blindly and take their rhetoric as gospel brigade, but I can live with that.

Archived