Derby County v Cardiff City F.C.

Boycie

I'd like to apologise in advance to Fulham FC on behalf of all at Derby for our abysmal performance against Cardiff. Sadly Colin will be taking full advantage of his game in hand meaning you Cottagers will have to settle for a play off place. 

And if by some miracle it's only 0-1 towards the end of the match, don't expect us to try and win it. That's where Gary will bring on a defender and try to keep the score down.

It's the (new) Derby way. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horrible fans

Remember went to a Palace game a few years back with a mate and his 3 kids all under 10...Cardiff scum spent the whole match throwing coins at the family enclosure where these kids were....proper fans ....

49 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Horrible fans

Remember went to a Palace game a few years back with a mate and his 3 kids all under 10...Cardiff scum spent the whole match throwing coins at the family enclosure where these kids were....proper fans ....

How many years back and what game? We've had very few arrests in recent history so are you still living in the past?

Went to Cardiff away a couple of seasons back. 

Cracking day out on the train, nice area around the station for refuelling, and probably the best stewards and staff in an away ground.

Bit poor near the stadium for beers, but you can't have everything.

9 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

How many years back and what game? We've had very few arrests in recent history so are you still living in the past?

names and addresses?

You've been a not very nice team for years...

I do like your chants tho, you can't help but sing. 

Oh and we shag more sheep than you...alledgedly. :whistle:

2 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

names and addresses?

You've been a not very nice team for years...

I do like your chants tho, you can't help but sing. 

Oh and we shag more sheep than you...alledgedly. :whistle:

Thanks Mrs Ram for your valuable input,,,,,,,,we are all so much wiser now.

9 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

Thanks Mrs Ram for your valuable input,,,,,,,,we are all so much wiser now.

What did you want?

You asked why we didn't like you

I said, you're not that nice a club - not just now, a bit before.

Chavvy fans.  Don't you know you have a bit of a bad name?

2 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

What did you want?

You asked why we didn't like you

I said, you're not that nice a club - not just now, a bit before.

Chavvy fans.  Don't you know you have a bit of a bad name?

Fair enough......have you ever been to the CCS by chance?

I lived in Swansea for a number of years and have friends who are jacks, so I can't help but feel a bit of affinity for that side of the fence. So with Swansea looking like they might survive and Colin's promotion push I would especially enjoy beating them.

Been to Cardiff away a couple of time in the last few years, it's fine to be honest, and stewardship was friendly and pretty good.

Since Rowett now appears a little more open-minded as to formations, I'd love to see us play the following:

Front three given a degree of freedom to roam / interchange

Bruiser in for Joe - Joe's done nothing wrong, far from it, but Hanson adds a bit more pace and energy without us losing anything defensively.

There'd be some emphasis on Weimann and Anya to cover defensive duties too but equally less so for the likes of Lawrence who could sit higher and reserve energy for some lung busting sprints in the final 3rd.

Vydra could sit just shy of Casey and Tom which, a role that certainly suits him better than coming deep. If he enjoyed the set-up, he might even smile!  

Also has the benefit of having Palmer start the bloody game - c'mon Gazza, sort it out!!! 

Probably wouldn't work (I'm a bit crap at the whole formations thing) but it'd be a lot of fun to watch*

Carson

Keogh     Curtis      Wizzy

Weimann   Hudds   Bruiser    Anya

Palmer      Vydra       Lawrence

* Assuming my formation doesn't result in us shipping half a dozen 

We have to beat Cardiff, Can't stand Warnock he's an absolute *******. 

Carson

Wisom         Keogh       davies          Olsson

Hanson        Johnson

Thomas             Palmer              Lawrence

Vyrdra

Based on fit players. Front 4 have pace and directness and can all beat a player, get Cardiff on the back foot.

15 minutes ago, Westcumbrianram said:

We have to beat Cardiff, Can't stand Warnock he's an absolute *******. 

Carson

Wisom         Keogh       davies          Olsson

Hanson        Johnson

Thomas             Palmer              Lawrence

Vyrdra

Based on fit players. Front 4 have pace and directness and can all beat a player, get Cardiff on the back foot.

Two points here but l'll deal with the Warnock hate tripe first.

I hated Warnock until he became our Manager. Since then I've seen 1st hand what he does. Firstly he galvanises the board, then he galvanises the players, throws some out and brings in his tried and trusted. Then, and only then, he galvanises the fans.

You may wonder how a team of raggle taggle gypsys are lying 2nd in the Championship......all fingers point to Warnock. The reason he is so hated is because he's a winner, that's what he does, it's in his DNA, and he defeats anything that is put in front of him. Will we win on Tuesday night? I don't know.......but what I do know is that if you beat us you will have worked very hard to do so.

Secondly, about Cardiff being on the back foot..........we've done that all season, and I see no change coming, just look at our possession stats. Does possession win a game? Let's see what happens.

Huddlestone's lack of mobility is absolutely killing us in the midfield but he's too good to leave out so I propose this team:

Carson

Wisdom     Huddlestone    Davies  Olsson

Hanson            Ledley

Weimann           Palmer           Lawrence

Vydra

Keogh's become a right liability recently and isn't contributing anything offensively or defensively. A much superior manager in Marco Silva played Huddlestone as a centre back in the premier league and he worked brilliantly in there and nearly helped Hull to make the great escape. As a centre back in that team, he wouldn't be caught out as Wisdom would be fairly close to him and the two cdms would provide protection. His ability on the ball deep would help us immensely. Hanson and Ledley would give us the much needed energy in the midfield.

As for Vydra, he is really beginning to annoy me and I wouldn't mind if we sold him. We have built the entire team around him and he still acts like a child as opposed to Lawrence( who I have been critical of) who hasn't complained and gets on with his job.. That said, he's still the top scorer in the league and we need to get him in somehow. His lack of workrate wouldn't be as much of an issue if we played him right up top. The likes of Weimann and Palmer would provide the workrate behind him.

I'm not afraid of cardiff, I think they are an average team who have used the momentum to their advantage and I would only take Gunnarson from their team. I'm more concerned about what we do, not them. 

Archived