Derby County vs Fulham

Bwash_Ram

9 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Its Fulham not Barcelona..no reason at all why we should not be winning this.

Thinking about it you're right, I have been infected with pessimism from reading too many doom merchant posts. We've only lost one game in ages, despite our dissapointing points tally lately.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Coming up for this one and looking forward to seeing for myself what we're really made of. The last two scorelines have been McClaren/Wassall-esque, but I do hope/believe the performances have been better. Football really is about small margins and if either of Cameron Jerome's efforts had gone in on Saturday we'd all have been buzzing for this.

I want a steady win where they never really make it into our box and we're once-again lethal at the other end. The defence needs shoring up. With Baird suspended Wisdom comes in on the right and needs to start playing out of his skin so he keeps his place for the run-in. Keogh and Davies need reminding in no uncertain terms that if they don't do their jobs then Pearce comes in for the next game. And Forsyth must come back at left-back. He is a brilliant fullback when confident and when the crowd isn't on his case, so don't get on his case.

I really hope Vyds has shaken off his knock. I'd like to see George come back in, but acknowledge he won't go straight back into the starting lineup without a game where he comes off the bench first.

Carson

Wisdom     Keogh     Davies     Forsyth

Huddlestone     Ledley

Palmer     Vydra     Lawrence

Jerome

Subs: Roos Pearce Anya Johnson Thorne Nugent Weimann

Come on you Rams!

Carl it has certinatly resembled the capitulation of the Mac era from what I have seen sadly but in our favour is that this lot are highly experienced and can change it around. I would always be looking to start nugent rather than have him on the bench as we have just lumped it up to Jerome when he has started 

43 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

I’m confident that we’ll win this one to get back on track. This is where their good run comes to a grinding halt. 

If this beast from the east really kicks in can see a lot of matches cancelled Saturday,police seem to be very bothered about people falling on snowy footpaths and also risk from icy roads

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I've got a sneaky feeling we'll win this one, and hopes will revive.

Fulham are a good side, more than capable of beating us and i wouldn't be surprised or shocked if they did, but just i kind of think we'll manage a three shots three goals kind of game.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Be a distant memory by Saturday :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

I’m confident that we’ll win this one to get back on track. This is where their good run comes to a grinding halt. 

That's more like it chaps...let's talk this fecker up. We start to win again, begining with Ful-ham. 

20 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I feel 3 points coming on Saturday. Based on no logic but just a feeling. Defence needs to be back to its best, we have the firepower to exploit their attacking style. It could be an absolute belter of a game, can’t wait. 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

This is the one where we shake off the ghost. Blip ? What blip ? 

Excellent 3-1 win to the Rams. 

Hope so!:thumbsup:

16 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Carl it has certinatly resembled the capitulation of the Mac era from what I have seen sadly but in our favour is that this lot are highly experienced and can change it around. I would always be looking to start nugent rather than have him on the bench as we have just lumped it up to Jerome when he has started 

I agree I like Nugent's cleverness and also wish we wouldn't lump it in the rough direction of Jerome (who's better than that). And I like the thought that we can horrify defenders by bringing on a battering Ram like Jerome on 65 minutes (or 80 in Gary's case with his slow changes). Sadly Nuge missed a few changes against Leeds so I can't see him coming back in to start, but I hope I'm wrong.

17 hours ago, Doodle said:

I feel 3 points coming on Saturday. Based on no logic but just a feeling. Defence needs to be back to its best, we have the firepower to exploit their attacking style. It could be an absolute belter of a game, can’t wait. 

I just came on here to post this same!  Why?!  I think Rowett will be well up for this following recent weeks and we'll see a top notch performance from the boys. 

S'funny how some are worried about Fulham when they're below us so are demonstrably not as good as us (if you ignore the fact we haven't played the same teams). I know they're in form but as we well know, form is temporary. I genuinely think we do have some class in the team - the way we've beat some teams (Brentford for example) was just about our overall quality rather than us gelling particularly well. As GR says, there is more to come out of this group - the ball really isn't bouncing for us at the minute. My expectations are now set for play-offs rather than automatic. I think it's more realistic and will hopefully make me less mardy when at the match!

FWIW I think we'll beat Fulham but lose or draw to QPR - based on absolutely nothing other than the footballing gods toying with us. Just like when Hudds scored his first Pro goal against us and then even Poom scored against us - all part of what makes it so compelling. I can say that now after 10 years+ since it happened - at the time I was less philosophical about it...

Archived