Derby County vs Fulham

Bwash_Ram

59 minutes ago, angieram said:

You have my sympathy (having to listen to radio Derby, that is, not missing the match. 

The main roads are fine so I'm going to give it a go but a 20 minute walk to the ground if it's bad underfoot does not appeal. Still below freezing here, no give in the temperature at all. I sit in the North Stand and I'm expecting lots of gaps where older people have decided not to risk it.

Was down at Costco last night all the pavements from there to the ground were totally clear of snow looked like the walk down from the bridge over the A52 to Chad though had not been cleared.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Was down at Costco last night all the pavements from there to the ground were totally clear of snow looked like the walk down from the bridge over the A52 to Chad though had not been cleared.

We park in town and walk along the river. 1 degree now, so positively balmy!

I noticed the players trained on the pitch yesterday; hope that gives them an advantage.

As has been said (I assume), last season we went into this fixture with inconsistent form and played a superb match. We need to match that intensity, that tenacity, that drive from the front. Fulham were pretty good going forward then too, but they couldn’t cope with our press at the back and made silly mistakes. The same will happen today if our midfield and attack force them into doing so. And our defence needs to get back into a habit of kicking, heading and clearing every ball that comes towards our box.

If that Derby team turns up, I’m quietly confident.

It usually drives me mental when someone says they'd take a draw at home and while I think it's a 50/50 game that we can win, I won't be too disappointed if a draw is  the outcome. This could be the game where automatic promotion evaporates and we have to get s play-off mindset

It’s far too early for must win games yet. But we are 7 off 2 nd and only 5 off 7th. If we don’t get anything from the game we will remain 5 off 7th due to postponements, although having played a game more. I think we are at a pivotal part of our season. Win this and beat the scum next week and 2 nd will be back on again. Lose both and the panic around the club will begin. I feel 4 points will be achieved, more than good enough to keep us looking up

Ballsy move to bench Palmer, he was brilliant against reading. Shame we couldn’t fit both him and Vydra in the same team but equally it may prove to be the safest call not to try, and Vydra has to play. Rest of that is fairly obvious, left back and striker are problem positions but that’s as good as we’ll get even if it isn’t that great.

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Fulham have got a brilliant team. They’re like Derby under McClaren.

They probably have better fullbacks than we had, and more goals from wide positions.

Cairney and Johansen are brilliant on the ball, with McDonald holding.

I think brilliant is a bit strong

Thorne and Forsyth need to put in a performance today and Gary needs to change it quickly if it’s not working. They will target both with speed today. Forsyth needs to concentrate solely on defence. If he goes up we will be exposed on the counter. Let’s get solid at the back and allow Thorne and the front 4 to create the danger. Palmer needs to be on no later than half time if it’s going tits up. Not my preferred starting 11,but still feel positive. 

Archived