Derby County vs Leeds United

Bwash_Ram

20 minutes ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

Regardless of the result and performance, just thought I'd mention how much of a pleasure it was watching Huddlestone tonight. One of his best performances. Hardly put a foot wrong all game. Sublime passing and composure. That is all...

The last few weeks have really shown Huddlestones class. While everyone else falls apart he’s continued with his controlled play and defence splitting passes. He really is a truely wonderful footballer, Will Hughes was great anorl, but there’s no arguement in my opinion who the best player to come through our academy is. Glad he’s finally come back home and shown us what we missed in his career, the way he reads the game even supersedes George Thorne at his best, **** knows how we got him back for 2 mil.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Saity said:

My support is always strong mate and I never slate or criticise or boo or do anything other than support my team and I'm one of the loud ones so hope you're not aiming that one in my direction  ....but my opinion does not change about players that I feel are not good enough ...that's what this forum is for 

No it wasn't aimed at you.

i think crowds are down because people are sick of the negativity generated by the fans. I don't wanna hear some of the slagging off some of our players get and neither does my 10 year old son. Every time a player makes a wayward pass or shoots off target all I hear is he ******* ****, bring back Russell, bring back Martin. It's pathetic. These are the same people that were booing ince last season when his name was read out and slating those 2 players whenever they made a mistake.

maybe I just need to move seats next year to get away from it as it's really depressing and there's enough crap in life without having to listen to it every match which should be an enjoyable occasion win lose or draw if the players gave it there all.

1 hour ago, Saity said:

Whatever happens and whatever division we are in I really hope we get a decent left back !!! Ollson is poor ...going forward we created enough we had enough chances to have been 4 up at HT but didn't take them ...Nugents confidence looks shot 

We have one Max Lowe unfortunately he's keeping the Shrewsbury bench warm ! Its a crazy football world 

12 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I know you are entitled to your opinion and I am also entitled to say I think your opinion is pathetic.

The 'not giving it their best' argument is such a dull cliche and almost always wrong. The England team not trying enough is a similar trite example.

And to criticise this team after the season we've had is borderline pathetic. We've just dominated Leeds for the majority of the match and not won due to some poor finishing and a couple of highly infrequent defensive lapses.

We even fought our way back for a point when our heads could have dropped. And then you claim we weren't giving it our best, like our players did in the 'glory' years when the players and team were rubbish and always tried their hardest.

Not like this bunch of mercanaries who have lost one in 15 or so and are still well in the hunt for automatic promotion.

Give me strength.

A good post. Whatever you want to say about the players tonight, you can't accuse them of lack of effort or desire. They worked their socks off.

Thought the atmosphere was good tonight, much better than recently, and the fans did get behind the team. Even the East Stand started a chant at one stage! The Leeds fans were excellent so it was great to nick a goal at the end and shut them up!

2 minutes ago, Rams forever said:

If you didn't enjoy the game tonight,you need to go and support another team,we clearly had enough chances to win comfortably.

we go a goal down and some of the so called supporters start moaning straight away instead of getting behind the team,SHOCKING SUPPORT,why don't they just stay away!

Always supported this team and find you tone insulting . if were looking at whose a better supporter pretty sure my hand of cards as to the level of support offered and horrible aways days in the 80's will beat yours hands down .  Back in those days you couldn't just shout come on boys and have a pint with some pleasant opposition fans in a local pub . You had to support the team on the pitch and fellow supporters to the safety of the train home .  That camaraderie appears to be lost nowadays on the -if you don't agree with the fact we should support every bad pass I can insult your dismay at will brigade.

33 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

If we could line up with Carson in goal, four Huddlestone's across the back, four Huddlestone's in midfield, Vydra in CAM and a Huddlestone up top we'd piss this league. 

He's slowly becoming my POTY as he's an absolute joy to watch. Had a slow (very slow tbh) start to the season where I had my doubts but he's grown into the season and is our second most influential player behind Vydra. His consistency at the moment is the only thing keeping me sane when others around him seem to lose all footballing ability and composure when the slightest bit of pressure is applied. 

His passing is way way above this level. 

I just find it easy to criticise his positioning/mobility. 

But then if he could recover from bad positions quickly he'd probably be getting the odd England cap still

Deffo needs mobility around him to let him off the hook on occasion 

1 hour ago, ramboy63 said:

Absolute dreadful second half performance,why was palmer taking that free kick and not Vydra and even worse than that leaving no defenders back when he was clearly going to shoot,this is school boy tactics

We will be lucky to finish in top 6 let alone top 2,6 Points from six games is relegation form

Proper Sunday League 

16 minutes ago, Rams forever said:

If you didn't enjoy the game tonight,you need to go and support another team,we clearly had enough chances to win comfortably.

we go a goal down and some of the so called supporters start moaning straight away instead of getting behind the team,SHOCKING SUPPORT,why don't they just stay away!

You lecturing the supporters is embarrassing. They pay their money, they can moan if they want to! Don't tell other fans what to do because you don't agree with their methods, who gave you that right? I moaned, we weren't good tonight. So, tell me, am I not a proper supporter? 

32 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Just got home. How did we not win that??

carson 4 worst display all year. Should have come for 1st and should have parried 2 nd wide not straight back out 

olsen 6 looked at fault for 1 st goal, albeit from other end 

Davis/ Keogh 6 little to do but let 2 in  

Baird 6 not much to do

hudds 8 played well, class above 

ledley 6 off the pace

weimann 7 positive and took his chance well 

vydra 7 nothing came his way but kept trying to force it 

Lawrance 8 best game for ages, ridiculous decision to take him off 

Nugent/ Jerome 1 both shocking, absolutely shocking. Nugent should have scored 3, Jerome no better. The decision to release Martin looks more foolish by the game. Spending money on Jerome on a 18 month contract whilst giving Martin and Bent away is unforgivable 

we must either try Palmer and Vyds as our front 2 or bag a free agent. From having 6 centre forwards we now have nothing of note 

Gary 6 set the team up well, not his fault the banjo and cows arse failed to meet. Taking Lawrence off was strange though, in the words of b4. He needs to grow a pair. If we want top 2 we need to be more proactive. Time to drop 2 CDM’s and get Palmer on as an attacking midfielder instead. No point dying, wondering what could have been 

I agree that neither nuge nor jerome were any good today. And letting martin go out on loan isn't looking so smart altho unlucky that winnall got injured just after we did that. 

Carson - should cleaned out that cross for the first Leeds goal 

Baird - I take it he plays because he can pass a forward ball to a white shirt 

keogh - steady game

davies steady game 

Olson - we always seem to let goals in when he plays but then again he lets the wide man have so much space ie first Leeds goal and should have cleaned out the ball or the man or both for Leeds second goal and his crossing was dreadful - today’s fall guy

ledley - I thought he was not very good - ok but not good

huddlestone - MOM for me but should have had an easy tap in in the first half

wieman - good game by him and a goal

lawrence - much better 

Vydra - no shots 

nugent - I think we are better when he starts ( because we haven’t got Martin) but he has missed some right sitters this season with one more in this game

subs - Palmer- well he scored but what a dreadful free kick for thier second goal 

Johnson - I think he more shots than anyone, could you please get them on target Bradley 

Jerome - I can’t remember him really touching the ball.

another game we should have won on chances created and Leeds were at best average - never mind on to Reading 

Too many draws. Some will say how it was a good point because of the position we were in, but in truth, we should never have been in that position. Both embarrassing defending. I've been the first to praise Davies and Keogh, but what are they doing for the first goal? Both of them should have done better, and so should Carson, is he coming or going? In the end he did neither. Tom Lawrence is the most frustrating footballer I've watched in a while. I would gladly trade him for Ince.

10 minutes ago, LazloW said:

No. I thought he had a good game.  Good corner which created a golden chance, good run and cross for a decent chance for Nugent, good shot hitting the bar.  He kept on running his fullback on the outside, which was more effective than his usual cutting inside.  As he has become scapegoat-in-chief you won't get too many agreeing... but when minds are made up, they're made up.  As Fletch would say "graceless nerks" who find it impossible to give any credit where it is due.

Or you know, people could genuinely think he had a poor game. Not everybody who criticises a player is automatically using him as a scapegoat. It can just as easily be said that there's a group of people on this forum who see Lawrence as the golden boy and won't let any criticism of him stand, it goes both ways.

Believe it or not most people actually want those 30 yarders he constantly screws wide to go into the top corner. The fact is we need people to start producing goals other than Vydra because if he's having an off day we really struggle to score. Lawrence has had a couple of dry games now with both Weimann and Palmer scoring tonight, so I'd like to see them start against Reading. Also Palmer was really up for tonight, you could  tell in his celebration how badly he wanted that goal so we should give him a chance.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Always supported this team and find you tone insulting . if were looking at whose a better supporter pretty sure my hand of cards as to the level of support offered and horrible aways days in the 80's will beat yours hands down .  Back in those days you couldn't just shout come on boys and have a pint with some pleasant opposition fans in a local pub . You had to support the team on the pitch and fellow supporters to the safety of the train home .  That camaraderie appears to be lost nowadays on the -if you don't agree with the fact we should support every bad pass I can insult your dismay at will brigade.

So it's your fault the players aren't trying then. If you and other 80s fans glassed a few of those pleasant oppo fans, then we could have loads of proper trouble again. The fans would all be together and this would rub off on all our lazy players who don't care.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

You call out Carson for the first goal, but ignore these two, why? Keogh was jogging and not even busting a gut to get back into position, and Davies was out of position as well. 

I Was behind the ball into the box and they were not going to be near it and for me carson should have had that one

Well,at least it wasn't boring which is the first time I have said that for some time.

All seemed slightly chaotic to be honest,we pressed high from the off and dominated possession at first but we had absolutely no cutting edge and relied on crosses into the box which we didn't have the ability to convert and it wasn't until wieman began to cut into the box that we looked likely to score.

Wieman, by the way, was my man of the match,looking quick,agile and a constant threat.

Second in line was Huddleston who was pretty immense but Curtis and keogh were pretty brilliant too and worked non stop.

Poor old Nugent couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo and made several errors in possession together with some poor passes.Im not sure what Gary had done to him but he looks a different player from earlier in the season.

Vydra tried hard and made some good little runs but was largely muscled out of the game.Tried hard but didn't even get a shot off.

Jerome made no impact but had no real service and Palmer looked quite bright but caused us to concede the second goal with his free kick which was made up for by his goal i suppose.

My biggest concern is our attack...we are more reliant on vydra than we were on Martin for our goals and Nugent was completely off the boil.Lawrence,whilst better tonight,still isn't producing the goods and Johnson is never a left bloody winger as long as he has a hole in his ****.

Jerome is as lost in this system as Martin was i.m.o and we are left without a poacher now winnall is injured.

Gary's made some poor decisions in his handling of our attackers this season. and it has only been compounded by the transfer window.....

I suspect it will cost us dearly this season.

Archived