Derby County v Brentford F.C.

Boycie

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

Thought Vydra was absolutely quality today, both with and without the ball. Comfortable man  of the match performance today and pleased he got the goal at the end. Never seen him work so hard defensively. 

Jerome played well. Held the ball up much more than I thought he would. We struggled to adapt when we took him off and carried on playing like he was still there when Winnall was on, who I thought was pretty poor (again) other than the touch to win the penalty. 

Looked a sending off all day to me in real time. 2 footed lunge, despite getting the ball, always gets you sent off these days. Thought Bjellend was pretty lucky with the cynical, high slide on Vydra second half too. 

Not sure about Lawrence on the right, he looked like he had to over think everything and it wasn’t as natural. Probably didn’t help with all the groans every time  he gets something slightly wrong. The type of player he is, he needs licence to try things and make mistakes. 

Very fair assessment mate.

Vydra just looks a class act,every time he turned and ran at them he terrified them plus he tracked back and put a shift in.

CJ...they said he had no pace???

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the look of Jerome... he seems to suit Rowetts style of play better than Martin. Not so sure about Winnall. I havent seen him in the away games but he hasnt impressed me when ive seen him at PPS altho he did win the peno. Anyway happy with the 3-0. 

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

You talk of changing the number of defenders then wonder how we could throw it away? It seems quite obvious to me.

Please explain how we could have thrown that away? Were u there?  3 defenders would have been plenty to keep a clean sheet today. 

Much better performance than Tuesday. Vydra ran his socks off and I was impressed with Wisdom too. He has such a presence about him that seems to terrify opponents.

Special mention for Jerome who was a handful and got better as the game went on. 

Off to The Yard soon for a celebratory meal.  You Rams! 

Carson - job done

wisdom - solid

keogh - quality 

davies - solid

ollson - Brentford small enough to get a game - did ok

huddlestone - mom for me and yes a goal who would have thought it would be in the six yard box

thorne - ok but tired

lawrance - very mixed 

Anya - good energy but still can’t shoot or cross properly 

vydra - very good but missed a real sitter again 

Jerome - did well got a goal and we missed him when he went off

subs 

ledley - dependable 

winnall - won a penalty but little else to be honest 

brentford - obviously the sending off changed things but we needed the points and another clean sheet 

1 minute ago, Doodle said:

Please explain how we could have thrown that away? Were u there?  3 defenders would have been plenty to keep a clean sheet today. 

I'm really don't think I need to. Just suffice to say that Rowett didn't think it worth changing the entire shape of the team and the entire tactical approach of the team in order to give someone a bit of a run out. Why might it be that the manager, who has guided the team to 2nd in the league, would do that?

26 minutes ago, Srg said:

Thought Vydra was absolutely quality today, both with and without the ball. Comfortable man  of the match performance today and pleased he got the goal at the end. Never seen him work so hard defensively. 

Jerome played well. Held the ball up much more than I thought he would. We struggled to adapt when we took him off and carried on playing like he was still there when Winnall was on, who I thought was pretty poor (again) other than the touch to win the penalty. 

Looked a sending off all day to me in real time. 2 footed lunge, despite getting the ball, always gets you sent off these days. Thought Bjellend was pretty lucky with the cynical, high slide on Vydra second half too. 

Not sure about Lawrence on the right, he looked like he had to over think everything and it wasn’t as natural. Probably didn’t help with all the groans every time  he gets something slightly wrong. The type of player he is, he needs licence to try things and make mistakes. 

Spot on and I really don’t know why the crowd are so quick 2 get on Lawrence’s back he needs that licence to try things and without him we would only really have Vydra as the creative threat 

Just now, uttoxram75 said:

Agree with @Srg , Vydra is absolute class. MoM for me  today.

Was impressed with Carson as well. Had nothing to do until middle of 2nd half but when called into action was on his toes.

Only moan is Keogh should have gone for glory instead of passing it.

Did he pass it? I thought he kicked it out of play because he thought there was a man down.

11 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Agree with @Srg , Vydra is absolute class. MoM for me  today.

Was impressed with Carson as well. Had nothing to do until middle of 2nd half but when called into action was on his toes.

Only moan is Keogh should have gone for glory instead of passing it.

If Keogh had smashed that one in the top corner I would have had to find a place on the East Stand to crack one off!

2 minutes ago, Stevedcfc72 said:

Hi guys, will Palmer replace Thorne going forward? 

No. I think we will keep two from Ledley, Huddlestone and Thorne.

We will also rotate the two wide men with Anya, Lawrence, Weimann and Johnson all capable of playing there in addition to Palmer.

He is the most natural fit if Vydra needs replacing. 

Funny game today with the red card. Lots of decent performances. Huddz, Jerome and Vydra in particular. Jerome could really be a very astute signing, it’s been a long time since we’ve had a really beast up front. Defence solid as usual. Olson and Anya looked an improvement on the recent performances of Russel and Forsyth. Lawrence needs more confidence, not his best game but he played a major part in all 3 goals. Once he gets a few and the crowd get off his back I think he’ll be very important for the run in. Thorne maybe needs a rest, great to see him playing but I’d probably play Lesley next game. 

3 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Not sure what Lawrence did that was so bad. Was involved in all our goals today and had a couple of shots saved. Granted first 5 -10 mins his crossing let him down but after that he had a good game.

The latest target of the boo boys unfortunately, with Russell & Martin gone and Fozzy left out.

There has to be a scapegoat at all times obviously... being 2nd in the league counts for nothing.

Archived