Derby County v Brentford F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Not sure what Lawrence did that was so bad. Was involved in all our goals today and had a couple of shots saved. Granted first 5 -10 mins his crossing let him down but after that he had a good game.

I realy think if Lawrence could reproduce his form from last seaosn we could go up via automatic. With Vydra and Jerome plus Nugent and winnall we will score goals and our defence and Defensive mid is really very good. But we wont be firing on all cylinders until our crossing is improved.  

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

No mate,GT is still a little off but improving and that partnership with Huddlestone looks good.

It’s only a matter of time before he owns this division and is creaming 25 yarders in for fun.

It’s a no from me.

Hmmmm. I think I'd have Ledley in over Thorne. He's been in the team a while now and he's been 'ok. But Ledley offers more going forward

I've noticed when Lawrence makes a mistake the groans from the crowd are louder and longer than when any other player makes a mistake.

Really not going to help the lad. I think he knows he needs to do more, but that'll only happen when his confidence grows. 

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Not sure what Lawrence did that was so bad. Was involved in all our goals today and had a couple of shots saved. Granted first 5 -10 mins his crossing let him down but after that he had a good game.

With some of our less cerebral fanbase, any number of good things are always undone completely by one bad thing.

See Keogh.

A good performance today, was impressed with Huddlestone, and also a special mention about Mr Wisdom, he is so cool under pressure, hard to knock off the ball, reads the game well, and very strong in the tackle, and you can see he is a winner, barking out orders for those who need it, in fact he was my man of the match, Keogh and Curtis was again solid, best partnership we have had for years, so 3 easy points today, now let's move onto next weekend, and get  another 3 points against Norwich.

14 minutes ago, Norman said:

They are 6 pointers, though.

Really? Please explain how those games in particular are worth more than three points each, and how a game against any other team isn't.

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

Really? Please explain how those games in particular are worth more than three points each, and how a game against any other team isn't.

You have a say in 6 points against a rival. Hopefully it is the three you win, and the three you stop your rival getting.

Today we had a say in three points. Against Cardiff, it will be six.

In 2011 was it? Man City won the league on 89 points, ahead of United, also on 89, due to Goal Difference.

Man City did the double over United that season.

Had Man Utd done the double of City, United would have finished on 95 points, City 83. TWELVE points difference.

That’s the definition of ‘six-pointers’

Had Villa beat Derby at PP we’d currently be 5 points behind them.

5 minutes ago, Norman said:

You have a say in 6 points against a rival. Hopefully it is the three you win, and the three you stop your rival getting.

Today we had a say in three points. Against Cardiff, it will be six.

So basically it makes the same amount of sense as Brexit then.

32 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

I've noticed when Lawrence makes a mistake the groans from the crowd are louder and longer than when any other player makes a mistake.

Really not going to help the lad. I think he knows he needs to do more, but that'll only happen when his confidence grows. 

Have to agree with you but how long do we wait At the moment his contribution is poor Even his free kicks and corners are not good  Everybody wants him to succeed but for his own good I think he needs taking out of the firing line But I can't see Rowett doing it 

When we played Bristol we could have put 8 points between us and them if we won. If they won they could have got to within 2 points of us. 8-2=6. Hence the term 6 pointer, because there’s a 6 point swing between two teams going for automatic promotion.

I’ve seen people having a pop at the term 6 pointer on here before. I think it must be the football version of someone telling you that Frankenstein wasn’t actually the monster.

2 hours ago, eddie said:

And you might have been the first to moan if it had all gone horribly wrong in the second half. You should never assume that a game is won. Darren Wassall did at Rotherham - and that decision in some people's eyes cost us promotion.

Entirely off topic but in my eyes there's only one thing I'll never forgive Wassall for and yet it's barely talked about alongside the Rotherham game..

The time we were 2-0 down nearing HALF TIME in the two-legged play off tie and decided to stick 4 strikers on. Needless to say we ended up losing a 3rd goal on the counter in the 93rd minute and could never get the 3rd in the reverse fixture.

3 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I'm really don't think I need to. Just suffice to say that Rowett didn't think it worth changing the entire shape of the team and the entire tactical approach of the team in order to give someone a bit of a run out. Why might it be that the manager, who has guided the team to 2nd in the league, would do that?

I will take that as a no then. Regards actually watching the game 

9 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Have to agree with you but how long do we wait At the moment his contribution is poor Even his free kicks and corners are not good  Everybody wants him to succeed but for his own good I think he needs taking out of the firing line But I can't see Rowett doing it 

Didn't we score from a corner today?

4 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I will take that as a no then. Regards actually watching the game 

No, indeed. That makes you a vastly superior human being but still wrong about making sweeping tactical changes to give a run out to someone the team has never played with. I will let that be a lesson to myself. Clearly me and Gary Rowett are fuckwits.

Archived