Derby County v Brentford F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Doodle said:

We didn’t need 4 defenders and 2 CDM against a poor team with only 10 men. By his own admission we signed a player who isn’t match fit. Why not give him at least 30 mins to try and gain match fitness? 

And you might have been the first to moan if it had all gone horribly wrong in the second half. You should never assume that a game is won. Darren Wassall did at Rotherham - and that decision in some people's eyes cost us promotion.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Thought Vydra was absolutely quality today, both with and without the ball. Comfortable man  of the match performance today and pleased he got the goal at the end. Never seen him work so hard defensively. 

Jerome played well. Held the ball up much more than I thought he would. We struggled to adapt when we took him off and carried on playing like he was still there when Winnall was on, who I thought was pretty poor (again) other than the touch to win the penalty. 

Looked a sending off all day to me in real time. 2 footed lunge, despite getting the ball, always gets you sent off these days. Thought Bjellend was pretty lucky with the cynical, high slide on Vydra second half too. 

Not sure about Lawrence on the right, he looked like he had to over think everything and it wasn’t as natural. Probably didn’t help with all the groans every time  he gets something slightly wrong. The type of player he is, he needs licence to try things and make mistakes. 

Agree on Vyds. I voted for him in the DCFC poll. He was just scrumptious today; great passes, attacking with the ball, winning back the ball, winning free kicks and at least twice if Lawrence and Anya got him the ball he has superlative chances to score. Lone Top scorer in league today anyway so hopefully he sees that.

29 minutes ago, Stevedcfc72 said:

Hi guys, will Palmer replace Thorne going forward? 

No mate,GT is still a little off but improving and that partnership with Huddlestone looks good.

It’s only a matter of time before he owns this division and is creaming 25 yarders in for fun.

It’s a no from me.

29 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

If Keogh had smashed that one in the top corner I would have had to find a place on the East Stand to crack one off!

He shoulda ... but he’s the opposite of TL and would prob lay if off for a teammate even if the goal was wide open (job done in his mind). Keoghs slicing runs are just so sexy though! 

16 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Not sure what Lawrence did that was so bad. Was involved in all our goals today and had a couple of shots saved. Granted first 5 -10 mins his crossing let him down but after that he had a good game.

He just needs to ramp up his final product/decision. He makes great runs and is super comfy and attacking with the ball at his feet. But He seems to think he needs to score but it isn’t that: he just needs to be cleverer in his final act with the ball , shot pass, keep ball whatever... He’ll get there ... 

2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

He just needs to ramp up his final product/decision. He makes great runs and is super comfy and attacking with the ball at his feet. But He seems to think he needs to score but it isn’t that: he just needs to be cleverer in his final act with the ball , shot pass, keep ball whatever... He’ll get there ... 

He also has a very good trait..... he never ever hides

Only real shame today was that we couldn’t pick up 2-3 more. Football still a bit disjointed, and the 2nd half took a lull but overall I’m happy.

Thought Lawrence looked more comfortable on the right in all honesty, it’s similar to the Ince/Baird thing in that Wisdom is so good positionally it lets him get on with the side of the game he’s good at. Also he makes some great unnoticed runs. Fell back into the old tricks once he moved onto the left wing. He’s doing the right things though and if he keeps going those passes/shots will come off. Similar with Thorne.

Jerome won me round a little today, could be the difference maker...

Anya was ok, as was referenced in the week he may not be the cleverest player which sometimes showed (first half when he got to the byline surrounded and where most players would knock it off a defender for a corner, he tried to pass through and I think it ended up a goal kick) but I think he fits the shape much better. Will probably be replaced by Johnson eventually though I’d imagine?

On the red, for that type of challenge to be ok it needs to be pitch perfect and the player needs to be in control of his body. In real time, it was neither. The player had a couple of kicks at Wisdom before and was a bit flustered from the kick off so was a matter of time really.

Everyone fears Wisdom.

SIDE NOTE: just watched the highlights, the best bit  of the sending off is Wisdom just trying to start a fight with Woods to stop him getting to the ref.

Also I think our first was a matter of time, we’d just started breaking through their defence and finding gaps, but it certainly stopped them coming forward as much 

2 hours ago, Seaside Sam said:

but surely the point is what is the peak form ?Ipswich for half a season,please

Bit ironic that only yesterday you posted that some people only seem to go to games to criticise and we should get behind the team. Since you joined the forum it appears that your main aim is to slag off Tom Lawrence so is that what you see as support?

Lawrence is clearly a talented player but is suffering from a real lack of confidence - something which is going to continue when fans jump down his throat at the first time of asking. Rowett has belief in Lawrence and selects him when he's fit so if it's ok with him then I'm fine with that.

2 hours ago, Norman said:

A better option for home games, for me.

Would still put Forsyth in for away games, though.

I'd go along with that. Playing away from home and hitting on the break is how our system works best and Forsyth is a stronger and more defensively sound option but Olsson gives us more attacking potential which we need at home.

That was a performance wasnt it ? So efficent against a good team. 

Carson - did what he needed to do , top draw as always 

Wisdom - solid right back , was well up for a scrap for when canos went

Keogh - captain fantastic again 

Davies - the perfect partner in crime 

Ollson - upgrade on Fozzy in my eyes won more in the air and he's 3 inches shorter and had a lovely understanding with kechi

Thorne - did ok best still to come I feel 

Huddlestone - fantastic MOTM for me , looks fitter and controls the game 

Lawrence - needs to start delivering 

Vydra - class deserved his goal 

Anya - come in and did so well 

Jerome - ran his socks off and deserved his goal 

Ryan Woods is a player isn' he ? Would fit straight into our team. 

10 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Lawrence is clearly a talented player but is suffering from a real lack of confidence - something which is going to continue when fans jump down his throat at the first time of asking. Rowett has belief in Lawrence and selects him when he's fit so if it's ok with him then I'm fine with that.

lawrence needs to stop believing his own hype, and start working on his faults.

We could do with someone with the intelligence and direct manner of Brian Clough to sort him out.

Start off with dropping the silly run ups. He clearly has a powerful shot but you wouldn't know it from watching his free kicks. 

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

lawrence needs to stop believing his own hype, and start working on his faults.

We could do with someone with the intelligence and direct manner of Brian Clough to sort him out.

Start off with dropping the silly run ups. He clearly has a powerful shot but you wouldn't know it from watching his free kicks. 

The shot he hit at the end, which Button saved with his body, was pure venom.

How the keeper didn't immediately honk his guts up is beyond me.

22 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

That was a performance wasnt it ? So efficent against a good team. 

Carson - did what he needed to do , top draw as always 

Wisdom - solid right back , was well up for a scrap for when canos went

Keogh - captain fantastic again 

Davies - the perfect partner in crime 

Ollson - upgrade on Fozzy in my eyes won more in the air and he's 3 inches shorter and had a lovely understanding with kechi

Thorne - did ok best still to come I feel 

Huddlestone - fantastic MOTM for me , looks fitter and controls the game 

Lawrence - needs to start delivering 

Vydra - class deserved his goal 

Anya - come in and did so well 

Jerome - ran his socks off and deserved his goal 

Ryan Woods is a player isn' he ? Would fit straight into our team. 

On Lawrence, interesting that he was directly involved in all our goals today - the corner from which Tom scored after CJs header, his shot that rebounded to CJ to put away and his pass to Winnall that led to the penalty 

Perhaps he did deliver some things today. Maybe there's still more to come

14 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

On Lawrence, interesting that he was directly involved in all our goals today - the corner from which Tom scored after CJs header, his shot that rebounded to CJ to put away and his pass to Winnall that led to the penalty 

Perhaps he did deliver some things today. Maybe there's still more to come

Thinking about it you may have a point. 

3 hours ago, Harrowram said:

A good 3 points. Ten wins from the next 16 games should do it and it is quite feasible given the fixtures left. The games against Cardiff, Fulham , Villa and Wolves are 6 pointers.

Brilliant. Win those and that's 24 points in the bag then, and we would only need 2 more wins.

/Isn't football terminology stupid?

Archived