Derby County v Brentford F.C.

Boycie

57 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I realy think if Lawrence could reproduce his form from last seaosn we could go up via automatic. With Vydra and Jerome plus Nugent and winnall we will score goals and our defence and Defensive mid is really very good. But we wont be firing on all cylinders until our crossing is improved.  

Yep,  tom is now the missing part.  He was just getting there before the injury.  I sense he may be about to deliver.  Watch out florist

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, eddie said:

And you might have been the first to moan if it had all gone horribly wrong in the second half. You should never assume that a game is won. Darren Wassall did at Rotherham - and that decision in some people's eyes cost us promotion.

Perhaps if you had actually watched the game, you could comment from a position of fact rather than theatrical Hindsight. They had settled for avoiding a whooping and we had settled for an easy 3 points. Blooding the player with 30 mins to go wouldn’t have disrupted either teams achievements 

59 minutes ago, feisty said:

Hmmmm. I think I'd have Ledley in over Thorne. He's been in the team a while now and he's been 'ok. But Ledley offers more going forward

I'd agree, based on recent form, Ledley over Thorne but because Ledley gives us more security at the back, giving Huddlestone more freedom to play further forward.

2 hours ago, Kirkbyram said:

Funny game today with the red card. Lots of decent performances. Huddz, Jerome and Vydra in particular. Jerome could really be a very astute signing, it’s been a long time since we’ve had a really beast up front. Defence solid as usual. Olson and Anya looked an improvement on the recent performances of Russel and Forsyth. Lawrence needs more confidence, not his best game but he played a major part in all 3 goals. Once he gets a few and the crowd get off his back I think he’ll be very important for the run in. Thorne maybe needs a rest, great to see him playing but I’d probably play Lesley next game. 

Good old Lesley.....midfield lynchpin

22 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Have to agree with you but how long do we wait At the moment his contribution is poor Even his free kicks and corners are not good  Everybody wants him to succeed but for his own good I think he needs taking out of the firing line But I can't see Rowett doing it 

Scored the first from his corner,the second from the clever run he makes to break the defensive line and was involved in the penalty plus a cracking shot in the second half.

People are focusing on the negatives and not the positives the way he plays and his still learning he will make mistakes and not always the right decision but he is involved in quite a few of our good moments.

4 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Perhaps if you had actually watched the game, you could comment from a position of fact rather than theatrical Hindsight. They had settled for avoiding a whooping and we had settled for an easy 3 points. Blooding the player with 30 mins to go wouldn’t have disrupted either teams achievements 

No, I'm sorry, you were not talking about simply putting a player on. You were talking about making tactical changes when putting him on. It doesn't matter whether anyone saw the game or not, that's just folly. Changing the tactics changes the game. It's too obvious to explain and I suspect you are simply pretending not to understand.

You may have been at the game but you are making it sound like you haven't seen any other games ever.

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

No, indeed. That makes you a vastly superior human being but still wrong about making sweeping tactical changes to give a run out to someone the team has never played with. I will let that be a lesson to myself. Clearly me and Gary Rowett are fuckwits.

You perhaps, Gary certainly not. I thought he would get us 8 th this year. He has done far better than I could have ever imagined or hoped for. But is he perfect? Not yet, he could have played the new lad for half an hour and even dare I say even me or you, for half an hour and it wouldn’t have altered the result 

34 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Have to agree with you but how long do we wait At the moment his contribution is poor Even his free kicks and corners are not good   Everybody wants him to succeed but for his own good I think he needs taking out of the firing line But I can't see Rowett doing it 

May I ask how we scored the first goal..... and who was involved :ph34r:

37 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Have to agree with you but how long do we wait At the moment his contribution is poor Even his free kicks and corners are not good  Everybody wants him to succeed but for his own good I think he needs taking out of the firing line But I can't see Rowett doing it 

We got rid of all our wingers so it ain’t going to happen... and it’s groans which put him in the firing line because the brainless can’t see that as a winger he needs to try things. Ince had the same issue here to begin with. 

13 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Perhaps if you had actually watched the game, you could comment from a position of fact rather than theatrical Hindsight. They had settled for avoiding a whooping and we had settled for an easy 3 points. Blooding the player with 30 mins to go wouldn’t have disrupted either teams achievements 

You know a persons a tad worried about a point they have raised has been questioned when this old line gets chucked out..... @eddie had a totally valid point..... and you can’t say fact really either..... what happened at Rotherham was a fact...... where as what your saying about them trying to avoid a drubbing is complete whataboutery. 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Brilliant. Win those and that's 24 points in the bag then, and we would only need 2 more wins.

/Isn't football terminology stupid?

Well especially as we are unlikely to catch wolves so the game against them is not really a six pointer.

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

No, I'm sorry, you were not talking about simply putting a player on. You were talking about making tactical changes when putting him on. It doesn't matter whether anyone saw the game or not, that's just folly. Changing the tactics changes the game. It's too obvious to explain and I suspect you are simply pretending not to understand.

You may have been at the game but you are making it sound like you haven't seen any other games ever.

I’ve only missed a few home or away games per season for the last 30 odd years. You are correct though, that still makes me nothing more than an amateur. However, you do get a feel for a game and that feel today was, all parties were happy with a 2/3  nil win. Giving the new lad 30 mins, wouldn’t have changed that 

3 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I’ve only missed a few home or away games per season for the last 30 odd years. You are correct though, that still makes me nothing more than an amateur. However, you do get a feel for a game and that feel today was, all parties were happy with a 2/3  nil win. Giving the new lad 30 mins, wouldn’t have changed that 

So have you changed your mind on the tactical changes? You don't seem to have mentioned them in your replies to either of us.

8 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

You know a persons a tad worried about a point they have raised has been questioned when this old line gets chucked out..... @eddie had a totally valid point..... and you can’t say fact really either..... what happened at Rotherham was a fact...... where as what your saying about them trying to avoid a drubbing is complete whataboutery. 

Not worried in the slightest. It’s my opinion on a game, expressed on a forum. It could be good, bad or average. Certainly nothing to be worried about. I wasn’t trying to express a sense of superiority, by saying he wasn’t watching. But suggesting, if he was, he would have felt that all parties had accepted a relatively low scoring home win long before Palmer came on 

4 minutes ago, Doodle said:

But if we'd have changed formation and tactics, it would have probably taken at least a few minutes for the players to adjust. Who's to say that during those minutes that Brentford wouldn't have gained some momentum, and thus the whole outcome be changed? 

Just now, Grimbeard said:

But if we'd have changed formation and tactics, it would have probably taken at least a few minutes for the players to adjust. Who's to say that during those minutes that Brentford wouldn't have gained some momentum, and thus the whole outcome be changed? 

But don't you see, Brentford would in no way noticed any changes being made and would not have exploited anything in any way at all. Fact.

1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

I've noticed when Lawrence makes a mistake the groans from the crowd are louder and longer than when any other player makes a mistake.

Really not going to help the lad. I think he knows he needs to do more, but that'll only happen when his confidence grows. 

Running out of scapegoats....Keogh, Dawkins, Blackman, Forsyth...now its Lawrence's turn. 

17 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Had we scored the 3rd goal say after 60 minutes then I think it's more than likely Rowett would have given Palmer the last 20 minutes but for me, bringing Ledley on not long after Carson had been forced into making a couple of decent saves showed that Rowett was still aware that Brentford still posed some sort of threat. 

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

So have you changed your mind on the tactical changes? You don't seem to have mentioned them in your replies to either of us.

No I haven’t. We didn’t need to worry about keeping the same structure as soon as they went down to 10 men. It’s working very well indeed against 11, but if your opponents system changes there is nothing wrong with changing your own. Having a spare defender can actually work against you. Players can switch off, if it’s too easy. QPR at Wembley a prime example 

Archived