Derby County v Brentford F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloody love this side! Even if we don't go and get 2nd place we will be close! This team under Rowett has shown passion effort and love for the club! They are all up for the cause and they are happy to be here! Carson is a class act as is probably 15 others! Ayna comes in out of nowhere he performs as does Olsson who I think is a very good player! Rowett has done a job and a half here and this side and the fans deserve it! Morris deserves it and 1 player who does is Keogh! He's had ups and downs at Derby but he is a top class pro and a great guy! 16 games to tick off! Let's keep going! Cmon Derby 

Starting with the red card .. Well with a haircut like that he deserved to be sent off for conduct unbecoming 

Bit of a chess game for the first 20 mins but we never looked threatened. 

Vydra would have walked MOTM but for the misses. Jees he is on fire even off the ball. He is hunting all the time. Top top player. Why the ref didn't give that pen is my mystery of the season. 

Huddlestone master class, very pleased with Wisdom too, a power player of real skill. 

Anya / Ollson combo looked very effective 

George still a player but he is misfiring.

Lawrence needs time and support .. He is a creative player but things aren't comming off for him. They will .. Need to keep persevering. 

CJ ... Wooooo we have a line leading handful .. Well played that man

Keogh and Curtiss ... The great wall of Derby .. Visible from space so they say. 

Winall .. Annoying nuisance jack in the box. 

Palmer ...Got the touch .. Looking forward to seeing some magic 

Scotty .. Had a brilliant 23.5 seconds  but eff all to do for the rest of the game. We are so lucky, what a signing. 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

Starting with the red card .. Well with a haircut like that he deserved to be sent off for conduct unbecoming 

Bit of a chess game for the first 20 mins but we never looked threatened. 

Vydra would have walked MOTM but for the misses. Jees he is on fire even off the ball. He is hunting all the time. Top top player. Why the ref didn't give that pen is my mystery of the season. 

Huddlestone mater class, very pleased with Wisdom too, a power player of real skill. 

Anya / Ollson combo looked very effective 

George still a player but he is misfiring.

Lawrence needs time and support .. He is a creative player but things aren't comming off for him. They will .. Need to keep persevering. 

CJ ... Wooooo we have a line leading handful .. Well played that man

Keogh and Curtiss ... The great wall of Derby .. Visible from space so they say. 

Winall .. Annoying nuisance jack in the box. 

Palmer ...Got the touch .. Looking forward to seeing some magic 

Scotty .. Had a brilliant 23.5 seeds but eff all to do for the rest of the game. We are so lucky, what a signing. 

Is it just me, but for all the moaning about Lawrence he actually had a hand in all 3 goals today .

1 hour ago, thederbyram said:

Entirely off topic but in my eyes there's only one thing I'll never forgive Wassall for and yet it's barely talked about alongside the Rotherham game..

The time we were 2-0 down nearing HALF TIME in the two-legged play off tie and decided to stick 4 strikers on. Needless to say we ended up losing a 3rd goal on the counter in the 93rd minute and could never get the 3rd in the reverse fixture.

You will never forgive Wassall?

What an ass.

13 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Is it just me, but for all the moaning about Lawrence he actually had a hand in all 3 goals today .

I wasn't having a moan .. Just reflecting that he tried a lot of things but the hit rate wasn't that good. He's got it for certain but he isn't as influential as he should be given his reputation / and the relative hype attached to his name. It will come, I have no doubt because the basics in terms of speed of thought and touch are present. Just needs luck of the bounce, balance of probabilities. 

4 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

If it's possible to labour to a 3-0 victory this was it.

Three points and a clean sheet. Job done.

It had the oddest feel to it. After 20 mins or so, I never had a doubt. We controlled it, but maybe because Brentford simply refused to collapse and be cannon fodder it seemed like hard work; when in reality / technically it was a cruise for the best part of an hour 

Enjoyed it but it was one of the strangest 3-0 victory I have watched. 

Vydra ,,,, he don’t change in the dressing room like the rest, he changes in a phone box ,, he is something else,mom today

thorne is getting lucky just now as nobody has made us pay for his mistakes and giving the ball away in stupid dangerous positions we all know he is a good player but he is way off it just now ,, get Ledley back in ,no room for sentiment we are chasing promotion

not going to argue who is better ,Martin or cam but will say I can see why rowett wanted cam and what he wants from him ,,, he holds the ball up well, good target man , got pace and power and closes defenders down ,

anja will do a job for us 

Lawrence is frustrating but to be fair he is involved in goals and that counts for something 

KEOUGH 

carson is proof of clough seniors policy of getting the best keepers he possibly could at all times 

rowett is a bloody good manager 

will we get auto spot ? You can never really say but I can tell you we are right in the hunt for it with a group of players that know how it’s done,what’s needed and will work their asses off to achieve it 

buckle up and enjoy the ride 

11 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Bit ironic that only yesterday you posted that some people only seem to go to games to criticise and we should get behind the team. Since you joined the forum it appears that your main aim is to slag off Tom Lawrence so is that what you see as support?

Lawrence is clearly a talented player but is suffering from a real lack of confidence - something which is going to continue when fans jump down his throat at the first time of asking. Rowett has belief in Lawrence and selects him when he's fit so if it's ok with him then I'm fine with that.

dream on

On 1 February 2018 at 18:59, Lambchop said:

Ah right, I’m going in the opposite direction then, 10.15 to Cromford. If I miss the stop I just have to go to Matlock and come back again. Only done that once though. 

Ohh. Watch out for those dungeree'd mountain boys. If they catch hold of you they'll have you squeeelin' like a pig ?

10 hours ago, jono said:

It had the oddest feel to it. After 20 mins or so, I never had a doubt. We controlled it, but maybe because Brentford simply refused to collapse and be cannon fodder it seemed like hard work; when in reality / technically it was a cruise for the best part of an hour 

Enjoyed it but it was one of the strangest 3-0 victory I have watched. 

Yes...I thought so too. It was like watching small boys punching a couple of grown men in the solar plexus. They didn't really land a scoring punch but they kept the punches coming. Our returns were meaty and hit them between the eyes. 

Archived