Derby County F.C. v Bristol City F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

I think villa will pip us to 2nd,. their squad is better than ours

They’ve not been better than us so far. I believe we can improve as the season goes on so they will need to show a huge improvement to match us imo. 

We looked so strong tonight and but for Brizzles work rate, Johnny and Vyds missing sitters and a Cambridge University Netball Team of a ref, we’d have won the game. 

We are capable of playing this well every game, we are also capable of playing better.

Onward and upward.

34 minutes ago, 86 points said:

FTFY

Been to this one and many others fella .  Down as far as Plymouth and up to Sunderland .  Entitled to an opinion on a player and Russell is our most exasperating forward since Tommy Johnson . He costs us points with his awful shooting and panicky crossing .  Forsyth cant play attacking full back as he cannot put a ball in the box. 

I thought that counter-attack in the first half (when Lawrence was fouled) was set for a certain goal. We had a man over (Nugent was it?) completely free in the area and Lawrence refused to play the pass.

So wasteful. The guy also blazed one wide when Russell was free too. I agree, he looks a selfish player.

You can get away with a player being selfish if he's got a good shot on him from around 20-25 yards out. Lawrence doesn't however and he wasted two very decent openings.

Vydra and Nugent had a great understanding. Shame it was Nuge playing Vydra in during the 2nd half rather than the other way round. When Vydra has time, he doesn't half fluff his lines. Seems a much better finisher when it's instictive.

Just got back from a really great game (nasty accident on A52)

My team, The Rams, were so much better than the opposition, way, way better. And this was against a team in the play offs hoping to get promoted. Spent 35 of the last 45 totally on the back foot and never looked like scoring. We, on the other hand, did everything but score, not once, not twice , but time and time and time again. A really good performance, considering the level of opposition, with outstanding ones from a few of the guys. Can you imagine being one of their supporters sat at home, listening to their commentary on the radio ? It must have been like being at the Alamo. 

On another day we would have ended up with a straight forward victory by some margin. But there you go, sometimes this happens and it just doesn't go for you. We have certainly ridden our luck in recent games (and indeed in a couple of times in this game) . So maybe it was time that the luck evens out - it generally does over time.

All augurs well to me. Onwards and upwards.

Sorry to hear that the game a lot of you went to was such a disappointment which has left you feeling so gloomy, dispondent and so critical of many of your players. It must be terribly hard work spending your valuable time watching something that clearly you don't enjoy. You must wonder why you do it ?

Glad I wasn't there.

13 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Been to this one and many others fella .  Down as far as Plymouth and up to Sunderland .  Entitled to an opinion on a player and Russell is our most exasperating forward since Tommy Johnson . He costs us points with his awful shooting and panicky crossing .  Forsyth cant play attacking full back as he cannot put a ball in the box. 

Yep, you're entitled' to describe three of the team as a 'bag of ****'' just the same way folk are entitled to pull you up on it.

I think that's how forums tend to work. 

12 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Just got back from a really great game (nasty accident on A52)

My team, The Rams, were so much better than the opposition, way, way better. And this was against a team in the play offs hoping to get promoted. Spent 35 of the last 45 totally on the back foot and never looked like scoring. We, on the other hand, did everything but score, not once, not twice , but time and time and time again. A really good performance, considering the level of opposition, with outstanding ones from a few of the guys. Can you imagine being one of their supporters sat at home, listening to their commentary on the radio ? It must have been like being at the Alamo. 

On another day we would have ended up with a straight forward victory by some margin. But there you go, sometimes this happens and it just doesn't go for you. We have certainly ridden our luck in recent games (and indeed in a couple of times in this game) . So maybe it was time that the luck evens out - it generally does over time.

All augurs well to me. Onwards and upwards.

Sorry to hear that the game a lot of you went to was such a disappointment which has left you feeling so gloomy, dispondent and so critical of many of your players. It must be terribly hard work spending your valuable time watching something that clearly you don't enjoy. You must wonder why you do it ?

Glad I wasn't there.

I enjoyed it and thought we played ok and did enough to win the game against one of the best teams in the division. 

The fans were great as the South Stand got behind the lads 2nd half with loads in West and East joining in  

This is a promotion season and we need to live it and enjoy it.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Can't believe that McClaren said, I liked him and what he brought to us but it stinks of sour grapes. It was just the finishing and dodgy refereeing that let us down today but to say that we didn't play football today stinks of bitterness to me.

he's hardly going to be massively enthused by the way we play now,it's completely different to his style.......

It's like Clough and Don revie at Leeds.....poles apart,lol

5 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Yep, you're entitled' to describe three of the team as a 'bag of ****'' just the same way folk are entitled to pull you up on it.

I think that's how forums tend to work. 

You haven't pulled me up on it though .  To pull me up would involve posting a differing opinion with argument for the purpose of retort  ?

Totally spurious post-match ratings...

Carson - 10 - just for being Scott Carson really

Wisdom - 7 - solid in defense, worked hard

Keogh - 8 - well, it's Keogh innit

Davies - 10 - MOTM - the man's a prince among footballers. Class apart tonight

Forsyth - 7 - solid enough without offering any real threat

Huddlestone - 7 - decent enough, showed more composure and quality than most

Thorne - 6 - just so desperate to put on a show tonight. Feel for the lad, not his best game but he remains a key player

Lawrence - 4 - poor today - failed to square the ball to strike partners on several occasions, lacked composure throughout

Vydra - 5 - a rare off-day for Vyds

Russell - 6 - worked hard but another who lacked composure - did stretch the Brizzle defence in parts and form may be returning 

Nugent - 6 - worked hard but to little avail - a yard off the pace all night

SUBS:

Weimann - should he have started?

Jerome - bloody handful. Denied a obvious penalty - will start the next game ahead of Nugent who needs freshening up - £1.5 mill could look like chicken feed in a couple of months

Winnall - missed a sitter - not alone in that regard though

REFWATCH

Absolute sh1thouse - we should have a whipround and buy the **** some glasses

OVERALL

Decent in the regard that we created more than enough chances to take all 3 points and comfortably too. Frustrating lack of quality in the final third, however and our recent clinical finishing was missing tonight. That said, the defence were again imperious and we take another point and another clean sheet forward to the Millwall game which we will win at a canter.

COYR

28 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You haven't pulled me up on it though .  To pull me up would involve posting a differing opinion with argument for the purpose of retort  ?

Yeah, thought about it. Couldn't be arsed. Popped up some ratings where I don't simply refer to players as '**** bags' if you'd like to read them :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Yeah, thought about it. Couldn't be arsed. Popped up some ratings where I don't simply refer to players as '**** bags' if you'd like to read them :thumbsup:

That's a lot of information for saying you couldn't be arsed.  **** bags implies a general opinion of a person- can't say I personally know them . Bag of ***** is an expression of there ability as players at this level seen enough to have an opinion on that.  Thanks for the stats though of to bed now and better than counting sheep lol

Had enough chances to win, but did not have our shooting boots on, positives, looked solid in defence as per usual, Davis was outstanding, has been a great signing at 500,000, thought all the players kept working there socks off, even if things were not going there way, supporters stayed behind the team all game, also for a 0-0 game, it was very entertaining, and one last note, the ref was awful, deffo a penalty, and also thought Jerome looked very lively, another point, and now gone 9 undefeated, onto the Den next, to get our next 3 points, after the players recharge there battery's, for the rest of a very interesting season ahead.

carson 7 -had nothing to do, must of been freezing! 

Wisdom 6 - got involved more as an attacking threat, but left it late. Lost his man for the Paterson chance I think! 

Keogh 8 - Absolute rock again.

Davies 8 - premier league player, makes defending look so easy at times. 

forsyth 4 - i thought he had a bad game, gave the ball away numerous times and his crossing is poor. I honestly think at home we should play Olsson.

lawrence 5 - let's be honest he isn't living up to his 8m price tag. His corners are awful, also doesn't seem to have awareness of teammates,when running with the ball. 

Huddlestone 7 - Solid game and kept it simple, seems to be getting better game by game. 

Thorne 5 - poor game from George, gave it away a lot, which at times got us into trouble. He looked very tired after 60 mins, ledley will be back for millwall I reckon. 

Russell 7 - Probably our best attacking threat on the night, but as we all know by now, his final ball is shocking. I'm divided in my mind about what I would like to see, regarding new contract for  Johnny.

Vydra 7 - Worked his socks off for the team but should of scored! 

Nugent 7- ran his socks off but was annonymous for most of the game. 

Jerome 7 - Came on and looked a real threat, I can see exactly why rowett signed him. 

Winnall 7 -  worked hard when he came on and and nearly scored. 

Weimann 7 - similar to Russell, gets into some good poSitions,but has no end product.  Worked hard when he came on as usual. 

In an irritable mood..

Having had chance to look at it again....Jerome  didn't help himself by being  so theatrical. Ok there was contact but enough to go sprawling??. Would have been a soft penalty. They get given but given against us I would have been unimpressed.

Will get pelted for this, but I said it before the game. Thorne again didn't impose himself on the game. People talking about him being England quality...well he should be head and shoulders above the rest but he isn't. Bad game by his standards. 

Also said it the other week, Russell is so frustrating. Most hot and cold player within the same few seconds I can recall in a Derby shirt.

With better finishing we could have got 3 points..and ultimately not a bad point against a rival... and the defensive unit looks solid. Could have been so much more though. 

Big game next time out. Definite strength of Rowett is how we've reacted to disappointing results.

Carson 7 - Some kicks are still poor.

Wisdom 7 - Good defending and forward runs.

Keogh 8 - Average performance from him last night.

Davies 9 - MOTM excellent just what we need.

Forsyth 6 - Good defending but doesn't threaten going forward. 

Huddlestone 7 - Good display not his best last night.

Thorne 7 - Not his normal high standards may need a rest.

Lawrence 6 - He is a threat but needs to improve his decision making. Had one of our best chances and made the keeper make a good save.

Vydra 7 - You can't score every game although he nearly got one.

Russell 7 - Someone mentioned he is either 8/10 or 2/10 no in between looked a threat going forward. 

Nugent 7 - Put in a shift hard work. Should have shot more.

Subs.

Jarome 6.9 - for the double pike in the area. If he had just gone down we all know it was a stone wall penalty. 

Weimann 6 - Frustrating at times.

Winnall 6 - In 15 mins you won't get many chances but at least get on the end of crosses.

20 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

In an irritable mood..

Having had chance to look at it again....Jerome  didn't help himself by being  so theatrical. Ok there was contact but enough to go sprawling??. Would have been a soft penalty. They get given but given against us I would have been unimpressed.

Will get pelted for this, but I said it before the game. Thorne again didn't impose himself on the game. People talking about him being England quality...well he should be head and shoulders above the rest but he isn't. Bad game by his standards. 

Also said it the other week, Russell is so frustrating. Most hot and cold player within the same few seconds I can recall in a Derby shirt.

With better finishing we could have got 3 points..and ultimately not a bad point against a rival... and the defensive unit looks solid. Could have been so much more though. 

Big game next time out. Definite strength of Rowett is how we've reacted to disappointing results.

Any glass half full comments to make or is it always glass half empty for you Chester  ? You haven't made one single positive comment about a very strong performance from your team who absolutely dominated their play off competitors, very rarely looked like conceding and acknowledged by all independent views that I have seen as clearly deserving to win.  

Dint gu last neet , ive caught bod flu  off mi pigeons. Derby wa ok but it wont great and its times like that i worry. I worry when i see wolves gerrin turned over in cup by rock bottom swansea if tha gets mi drift ... Anyway got ta gu and check on our lasses ferret... she sez it needs shavin.... awww gawddd

Archived