Derby County F.C. v Bristol City F.C.

Boycie

I thought a point was fair enough overall. 

The ref called the penalty shout wrong obviously, but that's just the result of the last 20 years of cheating footballers, managers and pundits who confuse contact with intent coming home to roost.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Stick by my opinion . Lawrence has potential used as a No 10 . Forsyth and Russell pants .

Russell blew hot and cold I wouldn't say he was pants just very frustrating... One of those nights tonight. Our midfield is just too short of options, no good having four or five quality strikers in reserve.. Winnall, jerome, martin, weimann and bent. We really needed a quality midfield player to come on and we didn't have one on the bench or anywhere in reserve.

21 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You're talking rubbish. Forsyth was fine, Lawrence had a poor game, and Russell wasn't bad. To slate them as much as you did for drawing with 5th (only because of the shocking refereeing) is a joke. ''Bag of *****'' absolute nonsense. I'm convinced you didn't watch the same game.

FTFY

22 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Hughes as a workman like left midfielder? Don't see it to be honest.

Hughes as an inside left attacking midfielder

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I thought a point was fair enough overall. 

The ref called the penalty shout wrong obviously, but that's just the result of the last 20 years of cheating footballers, managers and pundits who confuse contact with intent coming home to roost.

Well as I saw it the Bristol goal had a charmed life...both their goalies made worldie saves we hit the bar and cleared off the line and should have had a peno if not two. Don't think Carson had a shot to save did he?

Just now, RamNut said:

Hughes as an inside left attacking midfielder

I think that would have restricted him as he isn't very good with his right foot. Having said that, I think he would have been ok as a right midfielder if he had the freedom to drift inside almost in an ozil role, cutting in on his left foot but he'd need a right back who would bomb up and down the wing to provide the width. If I recall correctly, he played there at the start of his career.

**** me ive just seen mcclarens interview after the game. What a complete ******, lost a huge deal of my respect for that. Sour grapes or what?! Bristol were the only team playing football, did he not watch the second half when they just lumped it up to their number nine?! We played football, we just didn’t neccerseily pass it around the back 15 times before attacking. Nothing wrong with a counter attack, it’s nothing like Pulis like hoofball. 

Just got back from the match and sat down with a pint.

Quite a frustrating match, though I think we played well in large chunks of the game....certainly deserved to win. Our main problems were in the final third.....we had the chances, but lacked the clinical finish. Also, how many times did we have the ball in wide promising positions only to put a poor ball in. Our crossing from the wings into the penalty area seems so random. We seem to bang it in there without looking where our players are, so promising attacks turn to crap.

Our best players......Keogh, Davies, Wisdom and Huddlestone.

Most frustrating player.....Russell......how can he be so good and so bad in the same match. He could be such a great player if he managed some degree of consistency.

Referee.....poor. Some real crap decisions. i need to re watch the Jerome penalty appeal.....but it looked a definite to me.

Lets hope the results go in our favour tomorrow

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

**** me ive just seen mcclarens interview after the game. What a complete ******, lost a huge deal of my respect for that. Sour grapes or what?! Bristol were the only team playing football, did he not watch the second half when they just lumped it up to their number nine?! We played football, we just didn’t neccerseily pass it around the back 15 times before attacking. Nothing wrong with a counter attack, it’s nothing like Pulis like hoofball. 

Count the points at the end of the season and I will tell you if we played good football.

Promotion is good football. 

Overall I think it was a good performance with smatterings of excruciating frustration. Didn't get the breaks. We created the best chances and should have had a penalty. So just put it behind us and move on. Have to say though that Russell drove me crazy at times, he really can be the epitome of the brainless winger. Early days but  Cameron looked as if he'll definitely bring something to the party.

With composure near the goal that game ends 6-1 to us. Never seen us have so many good chances. Unfortunately these are championship players though and have some sort of flaw in their decision-making, ball control or execution. Noticing that Vydra is selfless whereas Lawrence is very selfish anywhere near goal. At least twice a pass to Vyds and it’s an easy goal. He doesn’t see anyone and just wants to score a worldie every time. Thought Weimann was way better than both Lawrence and Russell who is a schizophrenic player: Johnny loses the ball over and over - leading to multiple counters - but then shreds their fullback to create our best chances. Blasts it st the bar blasts it at their keeper ... The random longshots hurt us - whenever we got near their box and kept it on the floor we were menacing.  

Very frustrating too because ppl are overstating how good Bristol are : I thought they were mediocre at best, and lack quality players who can crack a game open.

Just got back after driving through a blizzard around Buxton 

over all I think it s good point Bristol have been up there all season we haven't in parts it was a good advertisement for the champion ship yes we probably should of won it but didn't so  we move on to the next game away from home with our away record probably another win on wards and upwards you Rams 

Forsyth looks really low on confidence, if anyone needs a chant, its him. pick him up abit, but although he had abit of a nightmare, he carried on, chased and harried, and was again part of a back four that isnt beaten very often. I'm not sure the fans can help a player improve their composure. Nothing came off for Russell today either, and that wasnt through lack of desire or really quality. I liked how he kept on going and he kept trying to drive forward. Thorne had his boots on the wrong feet today, but he's got another 90 mins and that.. . think alot of the other players looked abit up tight. unbeatable though, and they never looked like they'd anything like beat us today. we've been lucky loads this season. today wasnt quite like that. bit weird to not play for 10 days now though. right fancy a tuesday nighter after that

15 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Well as I saw it the Bristol goal had a charmed life...both their goalies made worldie saves we hit the bar and cleared off the line and should have had a peno if not two. Don't think Carson had a shot to save did he?

Their goalie did make a fantastic save second half, the cleared of the line attempt was never threatening, and they got into just as many promising positions as us, without testing Carson, wasn't much different the other end though.

A fair point still imo, hard won without being backs to the walls.

Archived