Derby County F.C. v Bristol City F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Bcfc2109 said:

I predicted city arsenal final, I was 8 pints down Haha, have a feeling we might shock the mancs at the gate

Yeah I think you might. I feel for you because it's taken your focus off the league slightly. All the media attention must make it tricky to knuckle down to the dirty horrible league games for your players. Bet they just want the glory games now they tasted them. Nobody wants Portman Road and some Mick McCarthy thug kicking your shins.

But if you win owt it will be a day to tell the next generation about. 

Would love to be a fly on the wall in these referee meetings.

'Right lads you was a right bunch of cnuts last season. Make sure you outdo yourselves this season'.

'Congrats to cnut of the week. Darren England. If you lot pull your fingers out. Maybe you could be as cnuty as him.'

'Here's a graph to show our levels of cnutyness last month. You've topped yourself. But there is always room to be more cnuty.'

'One thing you all excel in. When you make a cnuty decision. You back it up by looking a right smarmy cnut. More of that.'

'Right cnuts we've got a new system. Its called VAR. Don't worry yourselves. It won't make you look any less cnuty. In fact it will back up your cnutyness. We'll have an extra group of uber cnuts watching the game elsewhere having a right laugh.'

Absolute cnuts.

Half expecting to be charged by the FA now.

On a side note, I'd like to add, no matter how angry I am at the ref, I thought Jerome was brilliant. An absolute menace since him came on, threatened the whole time, looked very dangerous and looks a very good signing from the brief time we saw him. If he continues like that, I have no doubt, he'll score between 5-10 goals for us.

1 minute ago, Smyth_18 said:

Would love to be a fly on the wall in these referee meetings.

'Right lads you was a right bunch of cnuts last season. Make sure you outdo yourselves this season'.

'Congrats to cnut of the week. Darren England. If you lot pull your fingers out. Maybe you could be as cnuty as him.'

'Here's a graph to show our levels of cnutyness last month. You've topped yourself. But there is always room to be more cnuty.'

'One thing you all excel in. When you make a cnuty decision. You back it up by looking a right smarmy cnut. More of that.'

'Right cnuts we've got a new system. Its called VAR. Don't worry yourselves. It won't make you look any less cnuty. In fact it will back up your cnutyness. We'll have an extra group of uber cnuts watching the game elsewhere having a right laugh.'

Absolute cnuts.

Half expecting to be charged by the FA now.

Calm down Fergie Jnr.

The none pens were interesting. I was probably too far away to get a clear view so clarifications welcome. From my POV the second one looked like Jerome just tripped over the ball. The one a few moments before which (from my far away position ) looked a dead cert as the defender seemed to have his arms all over him ? ... 

Anyway ... These things balance out over the season. Much more worried about the number of mistakes GT made, Tom Lawrence had bad body language all game ..what's up with the lad ? And then Johnny .. How can a player be so urgent and dangerous one minute and then have such a rubbish touch the next ? Frustrating. 

Nuge could have stayed on, that man is class. Vydra ran himself ragged but we just didn't take our chances or get the luck of the bounce. 

I like the look of Jerome. Physical quick(ish) and a real threat. 

We didn't use the width enough on the left and Fozzy has stopped getting better. 

Hudds, good game, back 4 sound as a pound. 

Oh well at least we got something 

14 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Fans were terrific in the second half, and there was a clear positive reaction on the pitch. 

On the other hand, heard one fan say he is going to “stab” Lawrence if he ever sees him, and he hopes he “f’s off out our club”. If you ever say anything of the ilk, even if you are angry, which we all are at football at times, please don’t come again. 

Hearing such vitriolic abuse of a player, any player is embarrassing to the club that supposed fan represents. Depressing to hear, just hope he thinks back once a little time has elapsed, and regrets such emotive language. 

Re game..... Up to pen decision I thought ref was ok. My point of view, that’s all, watching on tv. Absolutely a pen and ref was close, ought to have seen that but instant decision etc. Jerome was theatrical after the initial foul, you can clearly see that. He’ll be an asset for us I’m sure. Clean sheet and wait to see tomorrow’s results before deciding if it’s a point gained or two dropped. 

Dust ourselves down, and we go again..... they’re all off for five days in the sun while I’ve set my alarm for 0430 for work. Let’s hope it does them the world of good and recharges the batteries! 

Good night Rams Everywhere!! 

30 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The thing is it doesn't really even itself out does it? I mean, we may get given a soft penalty next week, but it's hardly 'evens itself out' if we're already 2-0 up and the game is safe,

Decisions like this, with the game poised at 0-0 and with only three minutes or so left on the clock, is an absolute killer because it denies us the chance to grab all three points against a fellow promotion rival.

We should have scored at least twice prior to that decision, so I wouldn't say the referee was the major factor in why we dropped two points. Poor finishing was the major factor. The game should have already been over at that point.

Just watched the Sky highlights, and it's all Derby 5/6 shots/saves, the stonewall penalty, and the miss at

the other end early on from BC,  Davis and Huddlestone seems like best Derby players today.

I remember watching the Hull game earlier in the season on TV and thinking how dangerous we looked from set-pieces, especially with corners as Curtis Davies provides a real threat.

Aside from Davies, we've got Keogh, Wisdom, Forsyth, Thorne and Huddlestone who are all strong in the air.

Makes me frustrated then to see so many corners go to waste. Seems Lawrence just wanted to do that drill, flat-ball with the outside of his foot to the penalty area over and over again. It was awful.

On one particular corner, everyone rushed the six-yard box and ball was sent towards the penalty spot at a snails pace. Allowed them to actually bring it down, and counter with a four on three. It was so annoying!

Didn't think we played that badly to be honest. Granted there were some poor decissions and we lacked the clinical finishing we normally associate with this team, but I've seen us play a LOT worse than that and win this season.

the main thing that annoys me is a when a referee spoils a game. Poor decissions all game and how he didn't give either penalty is beyond me. The blokes a complete and utter tool.

saying all that if there was a game at home we didn't want to loose it was that one tonight against a promotion rival.

Just didnt turn the screw hard enough tonight,first 25 mins layed back and showed to much respect. Should have upped the pace as  would have expected them to tire sooner than us. Deserved to win tonight but didnt take numerous chances. Definitely a penalty but Vydra  as guilty as the Ref for not having won tonight. All round good performance disappointing result.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

On a side note, I'd like to add, no matter how angry I am at the ref, I thought Jerome was brilliant. An absolute menace since him came on, threatened the whole time, looked very dangerous and looks a very good signing from the brief time we saw him. If he continues like that, I have no doubt, he'll score between 5-10 goals for us.

Always hated him playing against us. Just a horrible player. Like Nugent. 

I think Rowett likes these types. He did well with Clayton Donaldson. 

When they're on the other side jumping into your CB's, backing in, ankle biting, harassing your uncomfortable defender, winning cheap set pieces you just hate the idea of them scoring. And Nugent would score! Then he's grinning at you!!!! Argh! 

But it's good when it's us benefiting :D

8 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

Just watched the Sky highlights, and it's all Derby 5/6 shots/saves, the stonewall penalty, and the miss at

the other end early on from BC,  Davis and Huddlestone seems like best Derby players today.

I would agree with that and put Carson in as well, not a lot to do but what there was he was good

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Can't believe that McClaren said, I liked him and what he brought to us but it stinks of sour grapes. It was just the finishing and dodgy refereeing that let us down today but to say that we didn't play football today stinks of bitterness to me.

We didn't though. We rarely do. We are a counter attacking side. He was right. He just used it as a criticism instead of an observation. 

He should be able to see we created more over the game though. Not the team with the most passes.

Archived