Derby County F.C. v Bristol City F.C.

Boycie

4 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Any glass half full comments to make or is it always glass half empty for you Chester  ? You haven't made one single positive comment about a very strong performance from your team who absolutely dominated their play off competitors, very rarely looked like conceding and acknowledged by all independent views that I have seen as clearly deserving to win.  

I mentioned a couple of positives  (defence and reaction to setbacks)..and your assessment of 'totally dominating the opposition and clearly deserving to win' ...are not pint half full. More 'Great I didn't realise I had that much left....errr no you didn't, you've picked up the wrong pint'.

I trust Rowett to get it right. We're a solid team and Jerome gives us another option or way of playing. Martin did that too but he was too far removed from the way Rowett set us up and other the personnel to ever get a decent chance.

Villa and Cardiff defeats today and I'll be feeling more pint half full by tonight.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

I mentioned a couple of positives  (defence and reaction to setbacks)..and your assessment of 'totally dominating the opposition and clearly deserving to win' ...are not pint half full. More 'Great I didn't realise I had that much left....errr no you didn't, you've picked up the wrong pint'.

I trust Rowett to get it right. We're a solid team and Jerome gives us another option or way of playing. Martin did that too but he was too far removed from the way Rowett set us up and other the personnel to ever get a decent chance.

Villa and Cardiff defeats today and I'll be feeling more pint half full by tonight.

Cheer up mate. You should try it more. Must have gone to a different game to me. Try reading the press reports today from independent journo's and see which view they have.

You're fully entitled to your opinion of course, just strikes me as being a little sad, thats all

10 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

The thing is it doesn't really even itself out does it? I mean, we may get given a soft penalty next week, but it's hardly 'evens itself out' if we're already 2-0 up and the game is safe,

Decisions like this, with the game poised at 0-0 and with only three minutes or so left on the clock, is an absolute killer because it denies us the chance to grab all three points against a fellow promotion rival.

We should have scored at least twice prior to that decision, so I wouldn't say the referee was the major factor in why we dropped two points. Poor finishing was the major factor. The game should have already been over at that point.

Cloughie made those comments immediately after we were knocked out of the 1986 World Cup by a "goal" put into our net by Diego Maradona's hand.

England lost a bit more than two points that day.

Brian had previously seen a referee go into Juventus's changing room at half-time in our European Cup semifinal. He knew the difference between incompetence and malpractice.

A referee's ineptitude cost us two points.

All we can hope to achieve is a quashing of Cameron's yellow!

Onwards and upwards.

3 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

Cloughie made those comments immediately after we were knocked out of the 1986 World Cup by a "goal" put into our net by Diego Maradona's hand.

England lost a bit more than two points that day.

Brian had previously seen a referee go into Juventus's changing room at half-time in our European Cup semifinal. He knew the difference between incompetence and malpractice.

A referee's ineptitude cost us two points.

All we can hope to achieve is a quashing of Cameron's yellow!

Onwards and upwards.

They dont look at yellows.

Not done ratings before so:

Carson - 6  If 6 is the score for an average game then 6 it is for Scotty - had nowt to do. Kicking not great but we know that and tolerate it because his keeping is excellent

Wisdom - 7  Solid defensively but average going the other way

Forsyth - 5  Still waiting for the pre-injury Fozzy to return. Not awful by any means but LB is an area we perhaps need to strengthen

Keogh - 8  Another fine game. Passing not outstanding but he attempts more difficult passes than most CB's so some are inevitably going to go astray. Played his part in yet another clean sheet

Davies - 9  My Derby MOTM too. Uber-solid. Excellent

Huddlestone - 7  Decent game. Feel he should look to get more long-range shots off at goal. Tidy but a little more creativity would be nice

Thorne - 5  Disappointing by any standards, all the moreso because we know how fantastic he can be. Will improve over the remainder of the season. We need to bear in mind just how long he's been out for. One effort from distance which has just returned to Earth

Lawrence - 4  Largely anonymous. One fine run in the first half ended by a foul but he should have fed the overlapping player to his right before the foul came. Has obvious talents. Patience needed

Russell - 6  Much more involved than Lawrence. First touch often poor but looked as though he could create an opening through industry alone. Excellent first-halk free kick onto the bar. Wide attacking options need to be improved

Vydra - 6  Unlucky with excellent free kick as Fielding saved superbly. Some decent link up play at times but missed a glorious chance when effectively one-on-one with their keeper

Nugent - 6  Some clever stuff as usual by Nuge without ever looking overly dangerous. 

Overall - 7  Slow to get into stride in both halves. Had chances to get the goal and denied an obvious penalty. Possibly a better point for us than Bristol City in some ways. A welcome break before Millwall away and without any new faces arriving I'd probably bring in Ledley, Weimann and Winnall for Thorne, Lawrence and Nugent to start at The Den.

Pleased to see there hasn't been a general meltdown on here after failing to win against a pretty good side (obviously that might be because I've got a lot of serial moaners on ignore).  Frustrating game.  Created more than enough chances to win.  Didn't give too many chances away - although there was some poor finishing from Bristol as well, particularly that effort in the first half.

George had a poor game, but suspect he has been playing more than GR would like recently but lack of options forcing his hand.  Needs a bit more time to ease in I would think.  I know Forsyth has a lot of fans on here, but thought he was poor again too.  Gets caught the wrong side of his man too often or his man gets behind him too easily, lets too many crosses come over and offers very little going forward at the moment.  He isn't the worst left back in the world. I don't hate him.  I don't think there is very much between him, Ollson or Lowe.  He might well be the best left back at the club.  He is capable of some very good performances (just fro me, not regularly enough).  I'm not going to criticise him in every post ala Ninos on Martin and RoyMac5 on everybody, but I just think if we're looking at ways we can make incremental improvements to the team then left back is an area we can improve on and is probably the next thing I would be looking to do if I was manager.  

Ref was poor throughout.  The penalty didn't look nailed on from where I was sitting, but ref had a much better view and the replays obviously show it was stone wall.  Should really just have been the icing on the cake anyway.  

I would have taken four points from Birmingham and Bristol, but always frustrating when you win away and then don't fully capitalise on it at home.  Not the first time that's happened this season, but we keep the unbeaten run going, we keep accumulating points and clean sheets and being hard to beat and we're still in second.  All in all, not too much to complain about.

Wonder if we'll have any new faces for Millwall?

8 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Not done ratings before so:

Yeah it shows. Everyone knows you have to do it like the papers. Everyone gets a 7 unless you do something incredible (8) or a few own goals and a red (6).

Actually, I've heard in mentioned a few times on Guardian podcast how journos hate doing ratings and take zero time over it whilst players really care what they score and get upset if they get low score. Hence no ones wants to rock the boat so everyone gets about the same

9 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

The law,sir, is an ass!

I get where you are coming from, but imagine the number of appeals each week, would be a huge job to judge them all compared with reds. Do think they should allow you to appeal on 2 yellows though.

Morning all boys & girls,

In laws are Forest fans, so naturally I feel a bit of unity with you lot, so popped over to share my thoughts...

1. Cameron Jerome did his own legs last night. Not literally, obviously Flint did them - but going down like that probably cost you 3 points. Silly, silly boy. 

2. Your forward unit looks immense. And it was even more farcical when Rowett made your three subs late in the game  talk about an embarrassment of riches! You’ll really have to implode to not get second with 6 front men like that! Six! Six!!!!

3. Andre Wisdoom would worry me if I were you. Ok, so I don’t watch him week in week out like you do, but I fancy he’ll need upgrading if you get promoted. Thought there were a couple of times when he got call flat footed and ball watching - in fairness it might just have been a one off - but didn’t think he looked befitting of a lot of the rest of your players.

4. The ref. Yes, he got the pen about wrong, but we know why he got it wrong. Other than that I thought he was ok, I thought on occasions he looked too keen to give a foul for your players who go down fairly easily, and he got a couple of corners and throw in calls wrong, but nothing particularly catastrophic other than the pen - which as above, was Jerome’s fault.

5. I’ve read a few pages of this thread and it seems to have been missed by many that we too had chances - and good chances at that - to win the game. It wasn’t really as one sided as some of you like to think. We had periods of domination, although granted our goalkeepers were clearly the busier. I think to sum it up, it was fortunate for you that we didn’t play to the best of our ability and absolutely vice versa.

6. What was the bloke doing having a shot from fully 45 yards when you had six or seven players steaming forward? Unbelievable!

Good luck for the rest of The season. Rowett is great and you’re playing football the right way. I’m not sure we’re genuine contenders for second... teams like yourselves and Villa have too much artillery for us to compete with so I think it’ll be one of you pair for second. You should win that. Cardiff still occupy a false position and will drop many more points before the season ends so I wouldn’t worry about them. I think they’ll drop points against Wednesday this afternoon.

so cheers,

and **** the Forest!

59 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Yeah it shows. Everyone knows you have to do it like the papers. Everyone gets a 7 unless you do something incredible (8) or a few own goals and a red (6).

Actually, I've heard in mentioned a few times on Guardian podcast how journos hate doing ratings and take zero time over it whilst players really care what they score and get upset if they get low score. Hence no ones wants to rock the boat so everyone gets about the same

In my mind 6 is the bog-standard average performance score. I base the other scores off that.

34 minutes ago, Forest hating Brizzle said:

Morning all boys & girls,

In laws are Forest fans, so naturally I feel a bit of unity with you lot, so popped over to share my thoughts...

1. Cameron Jerome did his own legs last night. Not literally, obviously Flint did them - but going down like that probably cost you 3 points. Silly, silly boy. 

2. Your forward unit looks immense. And it was even more farcical when Rowett made your three subs late in the game  talk about an embarrassment of riches! You’ll really have to implode to not get second with 6 front men like that! Six! Six!!!!

3. Andre Wisdoom would worry me if I were you. Ok, so I don’t watch him week in week out like you do, but I fancy he’ll need upgrading if you get promoted. Thought there were a couple of times when he got call flat footed and ball watching - in fairness it might just have been a one off - but didn’t think he looked befitting of a lot of the rest of your players.

4. The ref. Yes, he got the pen about wrong, but we know why he got it wrong. Other than that I thought he was ok, I thought on occasions he looked too keen to give a foul for your players who go down fairly easily, and he got a couple of corners and throw in calls wrong, but nothing particularly catastrophic other than the pen - which as above, was Jerome’s fault.

5. I’ve read a few pages of this thread and it seems to have been missed by many that we too had chances - and good chances at that - to win the game. It wasn’t really as one sided as some of you like to think. We had periods of domination, although granted our goalkeepers were clearly the busier. I think to sum it up, it was fortunate for you that we didn’t play to the best of our ability and absolutely vice versa.

6. What was the bloke doing having a shot from fully 45 yards when you had six or seven players steaming forward? Unbelievable!

Good luck for the rest of The season. Rowett is great and you’re playing football the right way. I’m not sure we’re genuine contenders for second... teams like yourselves and Villa have too much artillery for us to compete with so I think it’ll be one of you pair for second. You should win that. Cardiff still occupy a false position and will drop many more points before the season ends so I wouldn’t worry about them. I think they’ll drop points against Wednesday this afternoon.

so cheers,

and **** the Forest!

Atm we actually have 8 forwards , as martin and bent weren't even in the squad , altho expect both to leave this window. We only have two fit midfielders tho and that's what cost us the game last night.

dont share your concerns about wisdom altho yes we need several upgrades if we get promoted. 

Yes you had some good chances too but didn't work the keeper at all. Some nice possession football tho but like lots of teams playing against Derby this year that isn't enough against a good defence and a normally clinical forward line. Thanks  for your best wishes... Hard for me to judge your chances as you say both teams below par but last night you looked a little powder puff. 

Tbh at the game i thought it was a dive.......

After seeing it again it looks like a foul and a dive.

should have been a pen but in fairness to the idiot ref, i wouldn't have given it either.

i liked brizzle. They didn't sit back. Weren't dirty. The midfield four all dropped back to defend like our holding two, and all moved up to attack. Korey smith played well

.....but we deserved to win. 

I think we could and should have done more but not really a cause for concern, the game was a bit of a **** one for the viewer and it's hard to win those dull lifeless games.

Deserved to win, but can't really complain because as I say, there was more we could have done. 

Archived