Derby County F.C. v Bristol City F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Yes the referee make mistakes...... but what will do me up is folk taking as if they are biased..... as it’s some sort of conspiracy.

I do wonder what joy some of you get out of moaning about an official, week in week out some of you moan. I guess you’re the types who’ll mock a 15/16 year old trying to start out in a kids game..... sounds like some of you have punditanitis, believe everything a pundit/player or manager has to say when a ref makes a mistake.

Its bordering on pathetic, you’ll be sorry when one day, over here..... a official gets attacked or receives a targeted campaign against him/her. You’re heroes will instigate it, and  He masses will follow suit, until one dies the unthinkable...... winning at all costs matters now, so we need a scapegoat to mask failings of players and managers.

I do hope one day we can mic refs up..... but that won’t happen as clubs won’t allow it. Expect referees to be right all the time. It won’t happen. They ain’t robots, they are human.

Shortage in this country and I fear the young kids on a Sunday morning getting in the neck a lot more than some. 

Debate abd disagree..... but respect instead of mock, stop falsely accusing of bias...... money has ruined it, not the officials.

Rant over

Good rant Bob. I was hoping to see your post on this as you always strike the right note when it comes to refs. 

They are no different than players. There are good ones, poor ones, on top of that each of them can have a bad game (or a good one ) 

Fridays performance was poor. But You don't go into refing unless you have a sense and appreciation of fair play and sportsmanship. I bet he is less than happy with himself, just as Vydra will be for not sticking away a peach of a chance. 

He will be judged on his performances through the  season and his league standing and classes of match he will be awarded next time round will take this into account. I shouted at him during the game, will critisise afterwards. They aren't gods and aren't to be treated with kid gloves, after all we are discussing a participants performance on the day. 

But question integrity, get nasty ? Why would you ? 

I’m not one to bemoan a bad refereeing decision too much, I think you should be good enough throughout the game to not have refereeing decisions either way affect the end result.

But...that was a stonewall penalty, doesn’t matter how theatrically Jerome goes down, ref should spot that Flint tripped him up and given the penalty. 

Should have buried some chances earlier in the game, I think the save from Lawrence’s **** and Vydra hitting it right at the keeper for his chance cost us in the end.

I worry about this team having to get late goals, it’s not a problem more often than not because we’ve usually got games wrapped up by as early as half-time but it’s definitely a weakness. If this team needs to get a goal late, I don’t think they’ll get it.

Really good display by Jerome late on, looks like a player we could get the best out of. Interested to see how him and Vydra look together because I’m starting to think Nugent’s falling off a bit. He’s had time out of the side so I expected a bit more from him on Friday night. Winnall still needs to get some consistency going to get himself the starting job.

24 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I’m not one to bemoan a bad refereeing decision too much, I think you should be good enough throughout the game to not have refereeing decisions either way affect the end result.

But...that was a stonewall penalty, doesn’t matter how theatrically Jerome goes down, ref should spot that Flint tripped him up and given the penalty. 

Should have buried some chances earlier in the game, I think the save from Lawrence’s **** and Vydra hitting it right at the keeper for his chance cost us in the end.

I worry about this team having to get late goals, it’s not a problem more often than not because we’ve usually got games wrapped up by as early as half-time but it’s definitely a weakness. If this team needs to get a goal late, I don’t think they’ll get it.

Really good display by Jerome late on, looks like a player we could get the best out of. Interested to see how him and Vydra look together because I’m starting to think Nugent’s falling off a bit. He’s had time out of the side so I expected a bit more from him on Friday night. Winnall still needs to get some consistency going to get himself the starting job.

Did you spell “ shot” wrong??

Altho people think the ref was well positioned, he was running to the extreme left. The further he went, the more his view of the incident was from the side and behind jerome. From that angle it is less obvious that Flint's boot smacks into Jerome than it is from the much better viewpoint of the TV camera. 

Having made the case for the defence though, he was a rubbish ref who made all sorts of bizarre decisions. Because he was programmed to perform with extreme twattishness he was always liable to make a Stuart Attwell type of decision.

its not bias that annoys people, its incompetence. 

I had a look at one of Bristol City's forums. Most of their fans thought it should have been a penalty though most blamed Jerome for a theatrical dive. They weren't too pleased about the replay on the big screen and most of them weren't too impressed with Derby. Though as Bristol is primarily a rugby town I am not too sure they know much about football!

57 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Martin’s first touch would have been better than Jerome’s, he’d have probably buried it.

Martin wouldn't have been quick enough to get it in the first place he don't do channel running Come to think of it don't do any running 

25 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Martin wouldn't have been quick enough to get it in the first place he don't do channel running Come to think of it don't do any running 

It must have been sheer hell for you to have to watch him over the past few years. I'm really sorry that you had to go through that.

The year we got to wembley must have been murder for you.  ? ? ?

3 hours ago, Doodle said:

Mclovin made a statement about refs and the football league conspiring to cheat Derby to make the league more exciting. That was ludicrous, but for gods sake to suggest posters like him and the one above will result in a Ref being killed is just as ludicrous. Grow up, it’s a forum, where people vent their spleen over a bad decision. He made a mistake, 99% of people including him will know that now. Any football fan worth their salt, can run the club better than the owner. Select the team better than the manager. Play better than the striker. Why you’re surprised our skill set doesn’t extend to being able to officiate better than the ref is beyond me. Lighten up a little, most people know it’s a difficult if not impossible job to do, let’s not get carried away with the case for the defence though 

Believe me it’ll happen one day unfortunately...... maybe I’m going slightly OTT on the poster...... but the likes of managers and pundits who will blame an official and say its cost a team millions/game, you will get fans who’ll take it further. Read most of ex refs autobiographies...... and what they get. I fear most for the kids on a Sunday who ref, players and managers who think they have a divine right to abuse no matter what. Why I highlighted taken to task. He meant giving the official a piece of his mind...... he suggests they stay locked in the room. Does the official really deserve that? 

It amazes me that (as far as I know) a fan hasn't run onto the pitch and punched a ref or linesman.

We have seen ourselves this season with a couple of occasions a fan has got on the pitch easily enough, and every club must have its share of idiots who might be up for trying something, especially if they have a few skols before kick off.

Kids and parents abusing refs at that level should be given one warning and if they do it again just ban them. Respect starts at that age or it should do. Sadly their idols do nothing to discourage it and these kids will want to emulate them.

24 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

It amazes me that (as far as I know) a fan hasn't run onto the pitch and punched a ref or linesman.

We have seen ourselves this season with a couple of occasions a fan has got on the pitch easily enough, and every club must have its share of idiots who might be up for trying something, especially if they have a few skols before kick off.

Kids and parents abusing refs at that level should be given one warning and if they do it again just ban them. Respect starts at that age or it should do. Sadly their idols do nothing to discourage it and these kids will want to emulate them.

Or run on the pitch, nick the keepers water bottle, take a wiz in it and then throw it back to the keeper for a swig. Imagine that happening; surely not. 

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Believe me it’ll happen one day unfortunately...... maybe I’m going slightly OTT on the poster...... but the likes of managers and pundits who will blame an official and say its cost a team millions/game, you will get fans who’ll take it further. Read most of ex refs autobiographies...... and what they get. I fear most for the kids on a Sunday who ref, players and managers who think they have a divine right to abuse no matter what. Why I highlighted taken to task. He meant giving the official a piece of his mind...... he suggests they stay locked in the room. Does the official really deserve that? 

Someone could quite easily blow up the family business if they had one. :ph34r:

23 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Or run on the pitch, nick the keepers water bottle, take a wiz in it and then throw it back to the keeper for a swig. Imagine that happening; surely not. 

And not get noticed either.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 16:20, Seaside Sam said:

dead easy from the stands or in front of the tv.

The referees association should have tv screen in each ground watched by tv referee, then it would be dead easy for them.they won't accept live tv monitor help, they deserve all the stick they get.howler after howler and they are shown to be incompetent match after match.

5 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

One of the most completely blinkered statements I’ve seen for a long time..... 

Taken to task...... I won’t ask how, as I know full well what you’re alluding to.

Pretty pathetic response.... really shows the contempt people give officials, they get things wrong..... I accept, so do players and managers.

With that highlighted comment on your post..... that’s when it becomes hateful and dangerous.

No one deserves to be taken to task just because they may have made an error.

Im guessing you’re of the Mourinho school of thought..... criticise an official and blame them..... and then sit back and watch the hordes threaten an official with death etc (see Anders Frisk), you agree with that as “taken to task”?????

One day you’ll realise this game won’t function properly without an official. One day one of them will be assaulted/killed, because of comments like that.

Pathetic

Wish I could give you a double like Mafia. Spot on sir 

14 minutes ago, swiftur said:

The referees association should have tv screen in each ground watched by tv referee, then it would be dead easy for them.they won't accept live tv monitor help, they deserve all the stick they get.howler after howler and they are shown to be incompetent match after match.

A bit harsh. I agree the ref on Friday was poor but to suggest they get howler after howler and are shown to be incompetent match after match just isn't true. 

Also, to have every remotely contentious decision reviewed by video would, in my opinion, ruin the game. 

Just now, Tamworthram said:

A bit harsh. I agree the ref on Friday was poor but to suggest they get howler after howler and are shown to be incompetent match after match just isn't true. 

Also, to have every remotely contentious decision reviewed by video would, in my opinion, ruin the game. 

match of the day and football on five show their howlers each week,there is no hiding place,they have no defence,we have video evidence every week of how incompetent they are.

1 minute ago, swiftur said:

match of the day and football on five show their howlers each week,there is no hiding place,they have no defence,we have video evidence every week of how incompetent they are.

This is unwarranted. How easy do you think it is to get EVERY decision correct? Afterall even watching replays and VAR there is often no consensus of opinion? I wonder what you expect.

Archived