Derby County F.C. v Bristol City F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Absolute state of that ref. Two points lost there with a combo of good keeping, poor officiating and poor decision making.

For all Russell's hard work his decision making at times was woeful.

Still reckon that's a better result for us than Bristol.

Russell has good stamina and good pace, but...

When he decides to cut it back (less common than going for goal), it usually creates a great opportunity for someone, otherwise he runs into people or skies it. He's easily one of the worst finishers at the club (of the attacking players).

Only person who makes less good decisions than Russell is Lawrence. He's fully tunnel visioned. Every shot he took today, with the exception of the chance 6 yards out, was taken in place of just playing someone in behind. What's worse is when he decided to pass in this game, he seemed to forget how to kick a ball properly.

ON TOP OF THAT, a lot of players who we've relied on to be composed and clinical this season had mares in that department. 

Luckily, that game really stood out in terms of poor touches, decisions, passes, finishing. I say luckily, because if it stands out it must be uncommon. I expect a little rotation going into next game and for us to be our bright selves again.

Just now, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

McClaren's loving this, **** off.

better then last time mcc*unt came back we are a ot more solid now then any period he' been here we would of conceded last minute if he was still in change, Mr #ilthroweverystrikeronandwemustscore!

I'm watching it back again, not at the tackle itself but at the reactions of the other players. Flint puts his head in his hands before the decision is given then puffs his cheeks in relief at the decision. Just adds more to the fact that it was a simply embarrassing decision.

To be fair when do we ever look great?

But we are often creating better quality chances than the opposition and that works for Derby.

We don't try to entertain. We don't care about possession. We have this rather simple way of just trying to get down the other end and score. It sounds too simplistic to even work but with our defending from the front and our work rate and our pace we make it work.

And again tonight. It wasn't pretty. It wasn't entertaining. But I thought Derby were the likely winners and should have had a late penalty. 

That's just the team we are. When we're picking up 3 points people don't look at it. When we pick up 1 point some do. When we pick up 0 points is when people lose their **** with it. 

The counter attacking style will be more difficult particularly at home when teams are set up to not go hunting for the win. And teams will be doing that now we're second.

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Not sure Gary got his subs right today. Think Jerome should have come on earlier and I think he shouldn't have taken off both Vydra and Lawrence. We lacked a short option and a bit of creativity in the final third going into the final 15. 

Overall it was an even game where we created the better chances and were denied a clear penalty. Would have taken a point beforehand but can't help but feel aggrieved. Oh well onwards and upwards.

On a side note, Jerome looked a real handful.

i thought this but when he said his subs he obvs tried to kill them once they were tired and to be fair it was a pen and it would of paid off, shame about poor finishing today could of been 3/4 

Archived