Derby County F.C. v Bristol City F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, valleyram said:

If that’s the Derby way now thank the lord I’m no watching it 

brutality 

How’s the Brains Bitter you freeloader? Should get plenty of free tickets at Cardiff. I’m sure Craigy boy can get you a whole stand there..... 

3 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

"Refs make mistakes like that every week in the League."

"It evens itself out over the season."

2 Cloughie comments (but not while he was managing the Rams!)?

The thing is it doesn't really even itself out does it? I mean, we may get given a soft penalty next week, but it's hardly 'evens itself out' if we're already 2-0 up and the game is safe,

Decisions like this, with the game poised at 0-0 and with only three minutes or so left on the clock, is an absolute killer because it denies us the chance to grab all three points against a fellow promotion rival.

We should have scored at least twice prior to that decision, so I wouldn't say the referee was the major factor in why we dropped two points. Poor finishing was the major factor. The game should have already been over at that point.

3 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Flint's reaction immediately after the challenge tells you it is a penalty. That alone should have told the ref all he needed. Rushed his decision. 

Before the reaction Aden had tumbled to the ground, clue enough there had been contact between Feet/legs. Doing a Klinsman didn’t help though did it ;)

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

To anyone complaining about VAR, watch the game tonight. That shows EXACTLY why VAR is needed in football, that referee should be dropped to league 1 for that disgrace. On a side note, I can't stand Lee Johnson, he's so smug.

to be fair to Lee Johnson he has done a fantastic job and deserves to be smug, not spent much and they are playing good football not so tonight but they are a good footballing side (he is one that you love if hes on your side but hate if he is against you) 

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

How’s the Brains Bitter you freeloader? Should get plenty of free tickets at Cardiff. I’m sure Craigy boy can get you a whole stand there..... 

I was in a pub once with both Hendrick and Hughes..... Who should I be supporting right now?

Agreed on the few points about Jerome. He looked great when we came on, a real handful. His strength and presence was too much for the Bristol City defence. Balls that they we previously heading away were being allowed to bounce, they were backing off and Jerome got on the ball when he didn't really have a right too a few times in a short amount of time. In hindsight I expect GR will wish he brought him on earlier. Their defenders were so worried and preoccupied with him that it created space for others, particularly Winnall and Weimann who were full of energy and looking to exploit that space, but it didn't pay off.

On another day we'd have a referee with decent eyesight and he'd have won us that penalty. If that goes in then he's pretty much paid off his transfer fee in 15 minutes on the pitch. I'm confident for the rest of the season if that's what he's going to offer us late on in games.

Bossed the last half hours of each half and looked by far the stronger team. A little lethargic but the key thing was that we didn't have our normal composure in front of goal, and was that because we felt more pressure given the importance of the match. Disappointed in that. Surprised at the triple substitution and we went very direct after it having been intricate before. Maybe it should have been more mixed, but both approaches caused them a lot of problems.

Of course it was a blatant penalty in real time and an easy one to give. @wixman1884called it at half-time saying it was an Atwell-like performance from the ref and that was borne out with him quite determined not to give us anything. I absolutely wouldn't criticize Jerome. Wasn't over the top from me. A game like this might be worth £100m at the end of the season - the sooner VAR is introdcued the better.

Bristol City go away delighted, still in with a slim shout and we have been dragged back towards the chasing pack which is very disappointing in a game we deserved to and should have won, playing at aout 85% of where we could be.

George and Andre make way in the next game. And I suspect Rowett will also play Jerome instead of Winnall.

1 minute ago, Derbylad92 said:

to be fair to Lee Johnson he has done a fantastic job and deserves to be smug, not spent much and they are playing good football not so tonight but they are a good footballing side (he is one that you love if hes on your side but hate if he is against you) 

Absolutely disagree, shocking tonight, shocking the last 5 games. I think they'll fall off the second half of the season, he shouldn't be so positive about his side, they're extremely lucky to have got even a point, completely undeserved. 

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The thing is it doesn't really even itself out does it? I mean, we may get given a soft penalty next week, but it's hardly 'evens itself out' if we're already 2-0 up and the game is safe,

Decisions like this, with the game poised at 0-0 and with only three minutes or so left on the clock, is an absolute killer because it denies us the chance to grab all three points against a fellow promotion rival.

We should have scored at least twice prior to that decision, so I wouldn't say the referee was the major factor in why we dropped two points. Poor finishing was the major factor. The game should have already been over at that point.

Yeah! Nice to see someone lay into one of the most irritating cliches in football. 

Bolton got relegated because they didn’t use goal line tech. They’re still arguably feeling the effects of that but I’m sure it’s evened itself out at some point ?

I'm with Darren Ferguson the ref should be shot at dawn. I'm sure there was a hand ball that wasn’t given when we were running through. Throw ins and goal kicks given when they should have gone the other way. 

Apart from that we didn't take our chances. We looked the better team but some games just don't come off. Vyds missed a good chance along with Winnall and Russell. Another day we would have got 3 or 4. Not to worry. We need to win the next game now.

Archived