Derby County F.C. v Bristol City F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that we were poor in front of goal, but for me it doesn't actually matter. There is no way a ref should be making a decision to book Jerome for a dive, for such a clear penalty. Even if we didn't take our chances outfield, the likelihood is, we would have scored the penalty,and gained 3 points on Bristol. If we miss out on promotion by 2 points, it's due to the refereeing decision in this game.

Time for my rant about Russell ( & he isnt alone in deserving one as Lawrence & Thorne werent very clever either).

The good; The freekick was great, very unlucky not to score. A couple of runs into the box were fantastic, he scares the crap out of defenders.

The bad; As normal the end product is abysmal, he has at least one good goalward bound shot per game, a powder puff shot and then skies at least 3 over. The final ball is awful, he invariably hits the oponent, sometimes this gets lucky and richochets to our man but often the move breaks down. Losing the ball when its easier to keep it, 5 yards from an opponent and lets them close him down and nearly always loses the ball.

I wake every morning and hope he hasnt signed that contract, he is so frustrating to watch, at times his dribbling and running is awesome, the othere 99% of the time he is so bad its shocking.

Tonight I would have taken him, Lawrence & Nugent off and left Vydra on.

Fans were terrific in the second half, and there was a clear positive reaction on the pitch. 

On the other hand, heard one fan say he is going to “stab” Lawrence if he ever sees him, and he hopes he “f’s off out our club”. If you ever say anything of the ilk, even if you are angry, which we all are at the football at times, please don’t come again. 

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

Or our poor finishing. Or all the things that happened over the entire season.

Or the stonewall penalty we were denied? It was absolutely undeniably a penalty, even the most deluded Bristol fan can't deny it. Even if we missed chances, the likelihood is we would have scored it. That was the key moment of the game, and the ref got it wrong.

6 minutes ago, Bcfc2109 said:

Anyway genuinely hope you lads go up, genuine big team, with a decent set of fans,you and wolves the only teams I've thought have been worth their weight in **** 

Hope you bag a cup!! 

Just now, LincsRam said:

Time for my rant about Russell ( & he isnt alone in deserving one as Lawrence & Thorne werent very clever either).

The good; The freekick was great, very unlucky not to score. A couple of runs into the box were fantastic, he scares the crap out of defenders.

The bad; As normal the end product is abysmal, he has at least one good goalward bound shot per game, a powder puff shot and then skies at least 3 over. The final ball is awful, he invariably hits the oponent, sometimes this gets lucky and richochets to our man but often the move breaks down. Losing the ball when its easier to keep it, 5 yards from an opponent and lets them close him down and nearly always loses the ball.

I wake every morning and hope he hasnt signed that contract, he is so frustrating to watch, at times his dribbling and running is awesome, the othere 99% of the time he is so bad its shocking.

Tonight I would have taken him, Lawrence & Nugent off and left Vydra on.

Obviously don' watch you every week but thought Martin was decent, also thought Curtis davis was absolutely class,plus Jerome an absite beast of a signing. And vydra always worth a game , fair play I hope derby city and those brummy ***** go up and replace some mediocre pram ****, stoke swansea etc

Play like that till the end of the season and we will be OK. Yes we should have won because we had the best chances and were denied a penalty, but if we look back on previous games there were plenty of times that we got lucky as well. From the point of view from a pub in whitley bay we looked The better team and most likely to win. Clean sheets get promotions COYR

Archived