Hull City A.F.C v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Why are there always complaints about everything? We’re third, within touching distance of second and in good form.

If we don’t make changes, moaning. If we made changes there would be moaning that we’re changing a winning side.

Captain Hindsight will no doubt be here regardless of the result today. People love a good I told you so.

Good to see you get a handle on the fickle nature of football fans, hilarious eh? ?

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Having a big squad with quality back-up becomes a real advantage to cover for loss of form and injuries (usually AFTER they happen).

That may happen but by that time, those players coming in would have lost their match sharpness if they haven't been playing. You can also help to avoid a situation of injuries if you rotate. Players are less likely to pick up injuries if they are not fatigued.

Just now, McLovin said:

Because after the sheff Utd game, we would have played 4 games in just over a week. I'm not just looking at it from a short term point like Rowett is(which he admitted) but the effect it could have for the rest of the season. Other teams will be tired too so I believe we should utilise the squad we have got who will be fit, fresh and raring to go.

At the moment this is a Saturday-Tuesday fixture run. Pretty common in this league & changes aren’t absolutely necessary.

I’d be surprised if we’re unchanged for the following two games too, but let’s not complain about things before they happen. We could lose today and then changes are almost certain. But if we pick up another good result on the road, any unforced changes would be difficult to call.

makes perfect sense to me that he has t changed it, why would he? You regularly play Saturday/ Tuesday in this league.

i expect 1-2 changes to be made for the Sheffield United game possibly as it’s so close after the Ipswich game, I don’t expect the team to be changed until then. 

Just let Gary do his job, people were saying the exact same thing about squad rotation before the Millwall game.

Just now, McLovin said:

That may happen but by that time, those players coming in would have lost their match sharpness if they haven't been playing. You can also help to avoid a situation of injuries if you rotate. Players are less likely to pick up injuries if they are not fatigued.

Agree with your last sentence but where's the evidence that they are fatigued? Hopefully not Nugent and Vydra being regularly replaced when games are already won.

They monitor the players, getting more info fitness wise than we'd even know about.

The medical staff can tell when certain players are in the range fitness wise when injuries are more likely to occur, so far it's just business as usual schedule wise.

Possibly won't be any changes vs Ipswich either, but come Sheff Utd at home 48 hrs later we may see changes.

Keep the boys fresh for dumping Man Utd out the cup.

9 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Why are there always complaints about everything? We’re third, within touching distance of second and in good form.

If we don’t make changes, moaning. If we made changes there would be moaning that we’re changing a winning side.

Captain Hindsight will no doubt be here regardless of the result today. People love a good I told you so.

1 minute ago, David said:

Hull have made just one change which was forced by injury.

Expect we’ll see duvets on the pitch with all these tired footballers trying to avoid injury.

Well that means all the Hull players not in the starting line-up will have rock bottom confidence and lost their managers' respect. Does that make us quits?

26 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

What is it about you and comments Rowett makes? If he happens to say something about possible future team selection then, for whatever reason, decides to change his mind, should he apologise to you first so he can retain your respect for him?

He operates in the world of professional football so why divulge his next team selection just to satisfy some fans.

I'm not anti the same team. I just believe that we have got a phenomenal 18 at the moment and I don't agree about saying comments in which media which could lead to upsetting players/morale.

I also don't think he would reveal anything to the players privately until match day. I'm not in the know at all, that's just my opinion on that.

All professional footballers and professional athletes they should be able to handle a run of games... its nothing new to other sports, tennis player play for four hours then play again the next day 

im sure we’ll rotate where we have to & as and when. Plus are the like of thorne & lawrence ready for 90mins ?  

We have won four in a row with four clean sheets. Nugent scored two on Saturday. Vydra is in the best form of his entire career.

We are flying at the moment - how on Earth do you justify dropping anyone? And how do you make changes without potentially disrupting the team?

Stick with the same team until they fail you, I say. Sitting in 3rd with a 6-point gap to the team in 7th - we have the luxury of doing so!

Archived