Hull City A.F.C v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

We've got another game on Saturday then another on Monday and ideally, we want our best players available for both games and fully fit. The game against Hull is the best time to rotate.

We want our best players available for every game...... 7 changes would be ridiculous. Would understand if it was a Cup game.....

What will get us out this league this season is this squad, barring Wolves, we’ve got the strongest bench and have Plan A, B and C on the bench.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson

wisdom Keogh Davies Ollson 

Thorne ledley

russell   Vydra.   Lawrence 

Martin 

still a heck of a side but Baird is no spring chicken as is nugent and Forsyth is still coming back from two major injuries Russell in to rest  wieman and Lawrence is a better option for this one over Johnson and Martin should start as well Vydra never plays a full game anyway so he should be fine 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Carson

wisdom Keogh Davies Ollson 

Thorne ledley

russell   Vydra.   Lawrence 

Martin 

still a heck of a side but Baird is no spring chicken as is nugent and Forsyth is still coming back from two major injuries Russell in to rest  wieman and Lawrence is a better option for this one over Johnson and Martin should start as well Vydra never plays a full game anyway so he should be fine 

We’ve not conceded a goal in 4 games..... why change the back 5?

25 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

We want our best players available for every game...... 7 changes would be ridiculous. Would understand if it was a Cup game.....

What will get us out this league this season is this squad, barring Wolves, we’ve got the strongest bench and have Plan A, B and C on the bench.

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Because they're no spring chickens anymore and would be at risk of getting injured. It would be very naive to expect them to play consistently during this period and the other players in the squad need games otherwise it may harm team morale. As I said, the last few times we have played games in quick succession, we lost against Ipswich and Reading so changes are needed otherwise I guarantee we will lose in the next week or suffer injuries. It's not as if we'd be bringing in under 23s, the likes of Thorne, Martin and Russell all have points to prove and deserve a chance to do so and that's from someone who is not the biggest fan of Russell or Martin.

33 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Because they're no spring chickens anymore and would be at risk of getting injured. It would be very naive to expect them to play consistently during this period and the other players in the squad need games otherwise it may harm team morale. As I said, the last few times we have played games in quick succession, we lost against Ipswich and Reading so changes are needed otherwise I guarantee we will lose in the next week or suffer injuries. It's not as if we'd be bringing in under 23s, the likes of Thorne, Martin and Russell all have points to prove and deserve a chance to do so and that's from someone who is not the biggest fan of Russell or Martin.

Give me experience and guile over anything..... Baird, Huddz, Johnson, Davies et al probably have 2/2500 league appearances between them...... I’m guessing they can get through a Christmas period pretty ok.....

We are not Chelsea, Man City etc..... you really think 7 changes is warranted for a team bang in form?

Change for changes sake...... don’t believe it.....

Seven changes in a match where every point gained could be vital would be ludicrous. By all means take advantage of the strength of our squad but no more than 3 in one game (preferably only 2). Change 2 in the next game after Hull - by using this approach the disturbance to a winning side is minimised.

38 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Give me experience and guile over anything..... Baird, Huddz, Johnson, Davies et al probably have 2/2500 league appearances between them...... I’m guessing they can get through a Christmas period pretty ok.....

We are not Chelsea, Man City etc..... you really think 7 changes is warranted for a team bang in form?

Change for changes sake...... don’t believe it.....

Again, you can have as many appearances as you like but it does not prevent against fatigue. We were bang in form before the Ipswich and Reading games too but we lost both games. Changes are certainly needed in this period and I'd feel more comfortable making the changes against Hull rather than Ipswich or Sheffield Utd

17 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Again, you can have as many appearances as you like but it does not prevent against fatigue. We were bang in form before the Ipswich and Reading games too but we lost both games. Changes are certainly needed in this period and I'd feel more comfortable making the changes against Hull rather than Ipswich or Sheffield Utd

Wow. Just. Wow. Agree to disagree.....

Seven changes in one game ??  With the greatest of respect that is dafter than daft every point counts from now till the end of the season ,with the team in great form and very organised with partnerships forming all over the park seven changes is putting out a different team as near as dam it ,couple of changes max at a time mixed with substitutions to help keep legs as fresh as poss when game situations allow ,,, also the seven changes in my mind add up to a team really far less suited to an away performance of the type we have been winning points with , one with real pace to hit fast and hard on the break ,,

just my opinion though

So difficult to change the side with the encumbents playing so well together. I actually like Russell comming on late. His energy is very dangerous in the closing stages. Does Nuge need a rest with the limp he carried off after the last game ? Winall looks very hungry and Martin must be desperate to get a start. Baird has been fantastic so do we want to overwork old legs ? And what is the Wisdom situation ? Then there's George ... Soon soon surely. 

I really am glad I'm not managing this one. A few key changes followed by a win = great use of squad what a sage is our Gary

lose = why did he mess with a winning team in a critical away match ! 

37 minutes ago, archied said:

Seven changes in one game ??  With the greatest of respect that is dafter than daft every point counts from now till the end of the season ,with the team in great form and very organised with partnerships forming all over the park seven changes is putting out a different team as near as dam it ,couple of changes max at a time mixed with substitutions to help keep legs as fresh as poss when game situations allow ,,, also the seven changes in my mind add up to a team really far less suited to an away performance of the type we have been winning points with , one with real pace to hit fast and hard on the break ,,

just my opinion though

Yes got to agree anyway you don't get tired legs when your winning only change if Nugent not fit Winnall

9 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Yes got to agree anyway you don't get tired legs when your winning only change if Nugent not fit Winnall

Think people also don’t look at how we play ,, yes our midfield two are older but they hardly play a cover every blade million miles an hour style , Ledley is a master of positional play and reads the game so well he looks like he is strolling and hudds makes the ball do all the work , these are two very experienced composed players that are not wasting energy and running themselves into the ground with desperate last ditch challenge s and storming forward runs , the back five are in the same vein, it’s our front four that are burning the rubber and they are far younger and more dynamic , the one that is ageing there and needs game time management is nugent and sadly he is the one we struggle to have a like for like replacement in his quality and style in terms of what he brings to the team when playing our plan A , winnall is probably closest to him but he is not going to pull teams round and create the kind of space nuge does ,,, perhaps that’s the type of player we could do with in the jan window?

15 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

I am not one for change when winning but Saturday, Tuesday afternoon, then Saturday then Monday presents a risk for some of our players and we have wisdom and Ollson and this is probably the time to use them to help others through a very difficult period 

Archived