Hull City A.F.C v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

Just now, King Kevin said:

First rule in football never change a winning team .If the first lot doe's their stuff early doors you can rest them then ,if they don't you can swap em out because they haven't .Easy this football manager lark.

No such thing as a first rule in football. What a load of tosh.

The bit that annoys me though is that when Rowett comes out and says the whole squad is vital and players will get their chance and then he doesn't change the team, I see him losing respect from the players.

i honesty wouldn't have an issue if he came out in the press and said "the team is doing the business at the moment and I see few changes" etc

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

No changes again.... Expect some injuries within the next week. It may not cost us today but it will within the next few games. The likes of Winnall, Martin, Russell and Thorne must be livid and their confidence must be rock bottom as they hardly get a chance to start

Little miss whingy pants.

1 minute ago, King Kevin said:

First rule in football never change a winning team .If the first lot doe's their stuff early doors you can rest them then ,if they don't you can swap em out because they haven't .Easy this football manager lark.

That rule is very naive and one of the most ridiculous in the game. You play players to suite a particular game and assessing their fitness, not just for a sake of it.

The best team in the world last year Real Madrid rotated their team every game and it helped them to be very successful.

Nugent was struggling the other day so why play him? A 100% fresh Martin and Winnall would be better than an 80% Nugent.

No need to change a team that just had a comfortable 3-0 win IMO. Yes, we’ve got a squad and our bench has great quality on it, but the players will get their chance. I reckon the team will stay the same until we lose or we get to the Manure game.

If there’s an injury then we’ve got adequate cover. The players recognise this and know they need to take their chance when it comes and make the position their own.

No doubt all the people moaning about not rotating the squad are the first to moan when results don’t go our way. “He should’ve changed the team/He should’ve kept the same XI/He should’ve given [insert name here] a rest/I knew he made the wrong team choice when I saw the twitter post at 2pm” etc.

Gary’s in charge of the selection, he’s not done too bad a job so far has he?

Im looking forward to a consistent performance and hopefully another resounding win so I can rub it in my Hull-supporting bosses face when I go back to work next week. ?

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

That rule is very naive and one of the most ridiculous in the game. You play players to suite a particular game and assessing their fitness, not just for a sake of it.

The best team in the world last year Real Madrid rotated their team every game and it helped them to be very successful.

Nugent was struggling the other day so why play him? A 100% fresh Martin and Winnall would be better than an 80% Nugent.

Have the medical team given you some inside information about Nugent fitness? Share the knowledge pal.

I like Rowett must he is being very naive to expect the likes of Baird, Huddlestone, Forsyth and Johnson to be able to play games in quick succession and be able to perform to an effective standard. It cost us against reading and ipswich and it will cost us some point this week, whether with results or injuries. We have 4 games in just over a week. If he doesn't rotate now then he never will. If I was the likes of Thorne and Martin especially, I'd be getting onto my agent to call for a transfer as they will never get a chance here to start regularly and both are good enough to start regularly for any top 6 side in this league.

Sorry but your post is drivel. So Rowett is naieve because his decision to field an unchanged starting eleven doesn't coincide with your opinion?

Says more about you maybe?

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

I like Rowett must he is being very naive to expect the likes of Baird, Huddlestone, Forsyth and Johnson to be able to play games in quick succession and be able to perform to an effective standard. It cost us against reading and ipswich and it will cost us some point this week, whether with results or injuries. We have 4 games in just over a week. If he doesn't rotate now then he never will. If I was the likes of Thorne and Martin especially, I'd be getting onto my agent to call for a transfer as they will never get a chance here to start regularly and both are good enough to start regularly for any top 6 side in this league.

There you go Rams fans - you heard it here first from the prophet of doom!!

Good job you aren’t Thorne or Martin - I’d like to think they take more of a positive pragmatic view to the club paying them not insignificant amounts of money every week!! It’s horses for courses & GR has picked the team he feels will get us the result today. How do you know he hasn’t told them they are starting against Ipswich?

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

The bit that annoys me though is that when Rowett comes out and says the whole squad is vital and players will get their chance and then he doesn't change the team, I see him losing respect from the players.

i honesty wouldn't have an issue if he came out in the press and said "the team is doing the business at the moment and I see few changes" etc

Quotes[edit]

Never change a winning team.

"World Cup medal honour for Sir Alf". ipswichstar.co.uk. 26 June 2009. Retrieved on 1 April 2012.

Think he know's more about it than you. [or me]

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Do you think what he tells the press is exactly what he tells the players? I’m pretty sure he lets them into a bit more information about the line up, the tactics and his reasoning than he lets on to us and the rest of the world reading his comments in press conferences.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Or hes the one that sees them in training every day, communicates with them every day and has a whole set of staff to help make his decision? there was absolutely no sign of fatigue at any point on Saturday from any of the players mentioned, and you make your decisions of your team with predominantly the next game in mind. If during or after this game, players show tiredness or ask for a rest, you'll see changes, but before then, you choose the best team you can for that game, and we'll see if he was right at 5pm.

We will see but I really don't see the point in having a big squad if we aren't going to use them. The big squad is one of the huge advantages we have over Bristol city and Cardiff. If we have no intention of using it, we might as well sell them in January to save on wages and have their places taken by under 23s.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

What is it about you and comments Rowett makes? If he happens to say something about possible future team selection then, for whatever reason, decides to change his mind, should he apologise to you first so he can retain your respect for him?

He operates in the world of professional football so why divulge his next team selection just to satisfy some fans.

6 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I can think of more worthy things to get annoyed about. Besides, he didn't say when they'll get their chance did he? 

Why are there always complaints about everything? We’re third, within touching distance of second and in good form.

If we don’t make changes, moaning. If we made changes there would be moaning that we’re changing a winning side.

Captain Hindsight will no doubt be here regardless of the result today. People love a good I told you so.

Whilst agree the aforementioned rule is naive, you are basically falling for the same trap of oversimplifying. 

Nugent might be back up to fitness after Saturday. Rowett might think that after grabbing a couple goals on Saturday, Nugent might be sharp and raring to go. 

It's tricky and you can only really judge it when you see it because we don't see these players day to day.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

We will see but I really don't see the point in having a big squad if we aren't going to use them. The big squad is one of the huge advantages we have over Bristol city and Cardiff. If we have no intention of using it, we might as well sell them in January to save on wages and have their places taken by under 23s.

Having a big squad with quality back-up becomes a real advantage to cover for loss of form and injuries (usually AFTER they happen).

Just now, Kernow said:

Why are there always complaints about everything? We’re third, within touching distance of second and in good form.

If we don’t make changes, moaning. If we made changes there would be moaning that we’re changing a winning side.

Captain Hindsight will no doubt be here regardless of the result today. People love a good I told you so.

Because after the sheff Utd game, we would have played 4 games in just over a week. I'm not just looking at it from a short term point like Rowett is(which he admitted) but the effect it could have for the rest of the season. Other teams will be tired too so I believe we should utilise the squad we have got who will be fit, fresh and raring to go.

Archived